The Future of TrueWoW

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Wilcox

Re: The Future of TrueWoW

#46 » Post by Wilcox » 15 Jul 2015 17:10

the community is shit though, i realized this today. worse than the league of legends community

Dysphoria

#47 » Post by Dysphoria » 15 Jul 2015 18:39

Cyka
Recken Destruction

marko1984

#48 » Post by marko1984 » 15 Jul 2015 18:40

This shit... i like it!
Any ETA when will we have Primal as a second realm?
Three mages!

Roel
Founder

#49 » Post by Roel » 15 Jul 2015 18:42

marko1984 wrote:This shit... i like it!
Any ETA when will we have Primal as a second realm?
Soon (this year) if that's much of an ETA...
The transition will probably be done in several stages.

marko1984

#50 » Post by marko1984 » 15 Jul 2015 18:55

IMO this kind of thinking and long term planning will not just keep server alive but develop it further and bring us more players,devs and who knows what else in the future!

PS My RFs will be here same as my char till server dies since i plan on quiting wow around my 70th b-day when i lose my eyesight :P
Three mages!

Wilcox

#51 » Post by Wilcox » 15 Jul 2015 19:02

marko1984 wrote:IMO this kind of thinking and long term planning will not just keep server alive but develop it further and bring us more players,devs and who knows what else in the future!

PS My RFs will be here same as my char till server dies since i plan on quiting wow around my 70th b-day when i lose my eyesight :P
same, except ill keep playing after i lose it

jastericiak

#52 » Post by jastericiak » 15 Jul 2015 19:04

Wilcox wrote:the community is shit though, i realized this today. worse than the league of legends community
Kinda true. I felt like i was reading some twitch chat all the time
"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would've noticed another madman around here? Good luck, everyone."

benzviliran

#53 » Post by benzviliran » 15 Jul 2015 19:33

I know that many people dont like Cata Mysts and WOD (i have only played cata and mysts on starter edition on retail which is not much but it looked nice) however in few more years we might start want to play cata or mysts or atleast wod, i was thinking (its not possible atm that we will play cata for example for that alot of players dont want to play it and also it requires alot of fixing etc) but opening a closed realm which will work like PTR just that only devs will have access to and they will apply fixes and work there when they have the time (it can be fun for them also as its new expirience) and when the time will come and maybe we will want to merge to cata or mysts or even just open a cata realm or mysts we will already have a descent scripted one?

its not that we will move to cata but u know having an insurance never hurt anyone i think., i think it is considerable and might be useful one day, i imagine an empire of wow realms with all expansions having a realm for vanilla a realm for tbc a realm for wotlk a realm for cata etc it could be nice xd u can never know what people will want to play in the future.
I am the swarm

Nyeriah

#54 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Jul 2015 20:06

We had a cata realm for development only (anyone remembers the "No man's land"?). But, truth is, we don't have the development power to work on two expansions. And since it mostly seems the public in general does not have interest in the expansions that came after WotLK, there's not much of a point to bother with it.

Besides, if we were to move forward the only viable choice strategically speaking would be to just skip straight into Warlords of Draenor since that's the expansion supported by TrinityCore. That means content would be skipped (but cata+ content is not scripted anyway).

So yeah, will we be moving or working on newer expansions? Not now, not at this time, not at the next year or the next couple of years. Maybe in 6 years. I assume WotLK content will be perfected by then.

jastericiak

#55 » Post by jastericiak » 15 Jul 2015 20:59

Nyeriah wrote:I assume WotLK content will be perfected by then.
Goin off topic a bit here but i dont think so.As i look at bugtracker reports nowadays. Where ppl tend to report stuff based on their assumptions of how things suppose to work or just how things suppose to work in their opinion without providing any proofs or reliable source. I actually expect things screwing up over time since its getting harder and harder to get the informations bout wotlk expansion. The wisdom got lost in sands of time :p
"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would've noticed another madman around here? Good luck, everyone."

ItchyVortex

#56 » Post by ItchyVortex » 15 Jul 2015 21:08

jastericiak wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:I assume WotLK content will be perfected by then.
Goin off topic a bit here but i dont think so.As i look at bugtracker reports nowadays. Where ppl tend to report stuff based on their assumptions of how things suppose to work or just how things suppose to work in their opinion without providing any proofs or reliable source. I actually expect things screwing up over time since its getting harder and harder to get the informations bout wotlk expansion. The wisdom got lost in sands of time :p
Thats not the only problem, im a bit sick of seeing the fixes our staff does disappearing every time TC has a major update.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Dysphoria

#57 » Post by Dysphoria » 15 Jul 2015 21:34

Wouldnt WOD realm be some kind of "progression" too. I mean its stupid to have opinion that wotlk will be interesting for players for next 6 years. What this server need is fresh blood wod could bring young ppl who starting world of warcraft since majority of new ppl when deciding to start game they go for newest patch . We are burned of same content and something new refreshing would be good and btw its lot easyer to find devs for newest expansion. There is just 1 wod server that work well , they scripting thins weekly.
I vote for Draenor :)
Sorry if any typing mistakes.
Recken Destruction

Gnoumy

#58 » Post by Gnoumy » 15 Jul 2015 21:40

It's an abomination of a server... Vanilla/tbc with wotlk talent tree lol

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#59 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 15 Jul 2015 22:04

you don't have to play there :P in fact neither of YOU TW players should play there, let that server reel in new people who will join this realm later on
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

benzviliran

#60 » Post by benzviliran » 15 Jul 2015 22:34

Nyeriah wrote:We had a cata realm for development only (anyone remembers the "No man's land"?). But, truth is, we don't have the development power to work on two expansions. And since it mostly seems the public in general does not have interest in the expansions that came after WotLK, there's not much of a point to bother with it.

Besides, if we were to move forward the only viable choice strategically speaking would be to just skip straight into Warlords of Draenor since that's the expansion supported by TrinityCore. That means content would be skipped (but cata+ content is not scripted anyway).

So yeah, will we be moving or working on newer expansions? Not now, not at this time, not at the next year or the next couple of years. Maybe in 6 years. I assume WotLK content will be perfected by then.

we all know that every about 3 years there is a new expansion so dont jump into conclusions, blizzard might finally fix what they have done in the next expansion :D

we cant know what will happen in few more years but honestly i doubts people will play wotlk for 3 more years atleast not those who played it for 3-8 years already
I am the swarm