The Future of TrueWoW

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Ragnorak
Donor

Re: The Future of TrueWoW

#61 » Post by Ragnorak » 15 Jul 2015 22:59

Blacklustersoldier wrote:you don't have to play there :P in fact neither of YOU TW players should play there, let that server reel in new people who will join this realm later on

^ This exactly, think of PrimalWoW as a farm for future players lol. We should hope for PrimalWoW to be successful since it can only benefit us. As for us TW players we are all here because we wanted a great 3.3.5a experience. Nothing has changed, there is no need for us to join PrimalWoW since it caters to a different demographic of people. Our devs clearly want us to know that no server is getting more priority over the other and that we are both equal in terms of attention given. Just keep playing like you normally do cuz literally nothing has changed for us.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Relina

#62 » Post by Relina » 16 Jul 2015 05:36

Infact its only gotten better for us, since the opening of the new realm means more of the old world raids will be fixed :).
As there will be an active player base to report bugs & test fixes to that tier of content, which even the most die hard TW fanatic will have to admit has for the most part been ignored on TW till now in favor of having wotlk raids properly working, which for the most part they are :D.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

ItchyVortex

#63 » Post by ItchyVortex » 16 Jul 2015 11:24

Oops, with Primal being a PvE realm and Truewow PvP there is a problem here, once they merge with us what kind of realm will Truewow be?

I really dont want a carebear server but looks like a lot of Primal players are only there for the PvE realm =|
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Chasity
Former Staff

#64 » Post by Chasity » 16 Jul 2015 12:24

ItchyVortex wrote:Oops, with Primal being a PvE realm and Truewow PvP there is a problem here, once they merge with us what kind of realm will Truewow be?

I really dont want a carebear server but looks like a lot of Primal players are only there for the PvE realm =|
Not sure why you would worry about something like this if it will take at least 5 years before the realms merge... PrimalWoW is indeed PvE at the moment and TrueWoW PvP so a choice will need to be made when they merge. This will just depend on what the community wants at that time so we can't answer this question now.
"and rly ... Location -- IKEAland .. you re rly pissed of by guy who is from IKEA :D"

Roel
Founder

#65 » Post by Roel » 16 Jul 2015 12:39

When we get to that point, it's very likely that at least one of the realms will have a low population. I am sure players on that realm will be happy to only have the realm type changed if that means a big population boost.

Matsy

#66 » Post by Matsy » 16 Jul 2015 13:18

This better not mess with our character names.....once the two realms merge into one eventually.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Nyeriah

#67 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Jul 2015 13:37

Roel wrote: Names will be a lot like our previous merge, it will depend on who is still active and who has the most amount of played time.

benzviliran

#68 » Post by benzviliran » 16 Jul 2015 13:47

matsy ur name is not something that worth keeping XD
I am the swarm

Gnurg

#69 » Post by Gnurg » 16 Jul 2015 13:52

You could always create a character named Matsy on Primal-WoW should it really concern you.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

ItchyVortex

#70 » Post by ItchyVortex » 16 Jul 2015 15:46

Nyeriah wrote:
Roel wrote: Names will be a lot like our previous merge, it will depend on who is still active and who has the most amount of played time.
Guess im gonna sit in dalaran with all my accounts at same time so i dont lose any name :D

Saddie

#71 » Post by Saddie » 16 Jul 2015 16:08

Roel wrote:When we get to that point, it's very likely that at least one of the realms will have a low population. I am sure players on that realm will be happy to only have the realm type changed if that means a big population boost.

Does this mean that you don't consider the 300-350 people we get at peak times as low population? that's less than half what it was when I started playing a while back, as sad as it is, WOTLK realms as a whole are dying, they've all eventually gone into cata or shut down due to population being too low, even with the amount if transfers we've had we are still super low compared to where we were a year ago :roll: so I don't see how there'll be people here still in 6 years from now...

Roel
Founder

#72 » Post by Roel » 16 Jul 2015 16:13

We're still peaking over 500 at least once a week, it's not that much different from last year. But it's indeed hard to tell how it will be in a couple of years, hence these plans to add some insurance to our survival.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#73 » Post by Hansrutger » 16 Jul 2015 19:17

I'm glad you're trying at least. I'd prefer all those players being on TW 3.3.5 but since that won't happen, maybe in 10 years they will stay on the merged one, we never know. So yea, creds for trying at least.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

jamhead

#74 » Post by jamhead » 17 Jul 2015 02:26

What a weird coincidence. Been playing on primal since my uni friends went there and it's a nice change of pace. Hopefully we can get a good ol' Jammin' raid with some old faces at some point :D
Currently addicted to hearthstone playing at legend rank. Feel free to add jamhead#2986

My quest to prove anybody can paint - jamheadii.deviantart.com

Check out my new puzzle game Slide!

ItchyVortex

#75 » Post by ItchyVortex » 17 Jul 2015 03:05

jamhead wrote:What a weird coincidence. Been playing on primal since my uni friends went there and it's a nice change of pace. Hopefully we can get a good ol' Jammin' raid with some old faces at some point :D
omg ur not playing cardstone =0