The Future of TrueWoW

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Roel
Founder

The Future of TrueWoW

#1 » Post by Roel » 14 Jul 2015 23:17

As some of you have already heard, I created a new progressive server based on ideas that originated from our forums. Seeing the potential and how successful it has already become, we believe it's time to reassure our players about our future plans and how TrueWoW can benefit from this. Yes benefit, we are in no way going to abandon or make compromises on our old and stable realm. However we realise that stable also means that we aren't going to see more population spikes like in the old days, it's rather a question of how many years players will stay interested in the same content. However we want to safeguard your characters and ensure that you can keep playing them for as long as you want. Some new life in the community can be all that's required to maintain a strong core, trust and motivation to achieve this.

This means that we will be adding PrimalWoW as second realm to TrueWoW. Not right away because the website doesn't yet support multiple realms but eventually the realms will be under one website and realmlist. Any fixes we do are already getting applied to both realms but having one website makes things a lot easier, not only for staff but also for players who wish to play on both realms. A single listing at the vote sites also means that all votes would get combined for an even higher rank on those lists. If players get bored of one realm, they can try the other one so we keep population within our borders instead of seeing them leave to other servers.

We have a very long-term plan to safeguard your characters. One day, PrimalWoW's progression will reach the end of WotLK so both realms will basically be the same. When this day comes, we will merge all characters from both realms into a single realm so nothing will be lost. It's impossible to predict how everything will go in the meantime but if we manage to reach our 10th Anniversary, we will need to reassess the situation and see how we will continue from there. In any case, your old characters will be available for as long as you want to keep playing. If TrueWoW population starts declining at some point, we also have plans for a transfer tool so players from PrimalWoW can copy a character to TrueWoW and give it a try without levelling from scratch. This will become more important as the years pass. Transfers from TrueWoW to PrimalWoW will NOT be available (wouldn't be able to do a copy anyway because of the content difference).

TL;DR We are aware that not everyone will agree with our plans for world domination but I can assure you that we have nothing but good intentions for this community.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

Re: The Future of TrueWoW

#2 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 14 Jul 2015 23:21

Awesome! I will get to save the char names I want and then be able to recover my names when the merge happens!
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Ragnorak
Donor

#3 » Post by Ragnorak » 14 Jul 2015 23:30

If the merge between the 2 servers happen, how will the staff team plan to take on issues regarding Realm First achievements and same name issues from the 2 realms.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Wilcox

#4 » Post by Wilcox » 14 Jul 2015 23:30

i will try that server out, it seems dope tbh. thanks for putting so much effort roel

belendor

#5 » Post by belendor » 14 Jul 2015 23:33

let's get new RF :^)
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Roel
Founder

#6 » Post by Roel » 14 Jul 2015 23:39

Ragnorak wrote:If the merge between the 2 servers happen, how will the staff team plan to take on issues regarding Realm First achievements and same name issues from the 2 realms.
Unlike for our previous merges, I think everyone should be allowed to keep their Realm First. However I believe very little people from TrueWoW with Realm Firsts will still be playing at that point, so many years will have passed after they obtained it.

Names will be a lot like our previous merge, it will depend on who is still active and who has the most amount of played time.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Hansrutger » 14 Jul 2015 23:42

So let me get this straight. The progressive server will start from vanilla and work its way up to wotlk. At 3.3.5 on the progressive server, everyones character will get on the progressive server and our current realm will disappear. After that, the progressive server continues to to cata, mop, wod, and blizzard's eventual 30th expansion.

So basically we're going to become a free-to-play blizzard game and just a few expansions behind. Anyways not the concern I want answered, I want to know what will happen after WotLK is at 3.3.5 on the progressive server, or rather what will happen AFTER that. Will we continue to cataclysm? Or keep at wotlk?
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Jul 2015 23:46

We will continue at WotLK.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Hansrutger » 14 Jul 2015 23:48

Nyeriah wrote:We will continue at WotLK.
I'm all in for if we just stay at WotLK, because if I wanted to play cata I would already do. I tried it out and it wasn't as fun. Not to go off-topic or anything. Anyways we would start at vanilla, first patch etc? How much of the content would work?
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Jul 2015 23:51

Why *would*? The server is already live at http://www.primalwow.org/ ;D

As you can see, they're raiding Molten Core. You can check what works and what has issues at our bugtracker.

Etro
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Etro » 14 Jul 2015 23:52

Hansrutger wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:We will continue at WotLK.
I'm all in for if we just stay at WotLK, because if I wanted to play cata I would already do. I tried it out and it wasn't as fun. Not to go off-topic or anything. Anyways we would start at vanilla, first patch etc? How much of the content would work?
Here are your questions answered and more: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 50&t=15284
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Roel
Founder

#12 » Post by Roel » 14 Jul 2015 23:52

Primal starts at Vanilla and ends at WotLK even though the 3.3.5a client is used for the entire journey. TrueWoW will always stay WotLK even after the merge.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Hansrutger » 14 Jul 2015 23:54

Thanks you for answers, I actually had no idea about that Primal even existed. 0.o
Retired

Morrigan

#14 » Post by Morrigan » 14 Jul 2015 23:55

Tbh I'd rather more man power went into fixing the current truewow server than dividing it and come back here 10 years later to find out most of the bugs still haven't been fixed. While the idea of a progressive server is nice, the fact you will change expansions won't help you get a stable population since most people choose private servers because they want to play on a specific xpac.

In the end you're free to do what you want, but this is just my (worthless) opinion on it

Edit: just noticed you'd be using WotLK client all the way through, though some of the logic still applies because the endgame will still be LK/RS25h

Etro
Honorary Member

#15 » Post by Etro » 14 Jul 2015 23:59

Morrigan wrote:Tbh I'd rather more man power went into fixing the current truewow server than dividing it and come back here 10 years later to find out most of the bugs still haven't been fixed. While the idea of a progressive server is nice, the fact you will change expansions won't help you get a stable population since most people choose private servers because they want to play on a specific xpac.

In the end you're free to do what you want, but this is just my (worthless) opinion on it
As previously said, fixes and development are being applied equally to both servers. What benefits one will inherently benefit the other. If anything, a new source of population has the potential to include more members to the Staff.

The expansion client is and will always be WotLK 3.3.5a. The expansions and the progression are emulated server side. There's nothing extra you have to download.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"