The Future of TrueWoW

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Nyeriah

Re: The Future of TrueWoW

#31 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Jul 2015 13:40

The talent tree is also being unlocked progressively as stated in the introduction thread.

Aasamath

#32 » Post by Aasamath » 15 Jul 2015 13:47

Yes it is but some talents have been changed and others have even been moved or added.
The talents i quoted will be avaible even with the tree lock.
Juggernaut will be avaible at lvl 70 (65 to be precise)
Typhoon will be the last talent for boomkin whereas treant was the last one during tbc, (but treant was moved up in the talent tree at wotlk)
Same goes for the lock talents i quoted and for all the other classes i guess
Last edited by Aasamath on 15 Jul 2015 13:48, edited 2 times in total.

jastericiak

#33 » Post by jastericiak » 15 Jul 2015 13:47

Though not like its some big issue.But just out of curiosity are the old priest racials spells coming back?

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Priest_racial_abilities
"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would've noticed another madman around here? Good luck, everyone."

Chasity
Former Staff

#34 » Post by Chasity » 15 Jul 2015 14:13

I just want to mention that Primal is PvE server.
"and rly ... Location -- IKEAland .. you re rly pissed of by guy who is from IKEA :D"

Longi

#35 » Post by Longi » 15 Jul 2015 14:25

bad things :
-it isnt only about talents .. there is many different spells/ abilities. with new cooldowns .. some spell/ abilities got changed ( it did one thing in vannila but now it is doing something new )
-you have 40 /20 man in vanilla .. few dungeons were 10 - 15 man ... this doesnt exist iin wotlk clients , only 5 man for dungeons and 10 / 25/40 man for raids
-about oldchools raids like Onyxia or Naxxramas. onyxia 60 will be fine with wotlk client but naxxramas, if they close northrend hard to say if Naxx 60 will work
-about gear ... some classes simple didnt have gear in vannila ... so ppl will do raids for what ? yes many players is palying mostly for gear, you cant say no
-bosses/ mobs had different drop in vanilla than Wotlk, but i think this can be rewrited
-40 man raids .. im not sure if this will work .. there were problems to find 25 ppl sometimes :D
-vannila hasnt tokens .. Set and gear were droping only in raids .. can you imagine how long it will take to farm gear in this days when all ppl wants to get gear in week or twoo ? :D

good things :
-achievents
-dungeon finder
-pvp like erena / bgs ... but cmon Best part of vanilla pvp was when there were big attacks on capitals ... it was fun to defeat these cities :D it wont be work now because of bgs
-ppl from older expansions will see old school things like big chain quests and so on

edit :
-I read on forum that some guys get lvl 60 in 4 days ... cmon ? its like server with 20x rates ... in vanilla you had to do tons of quests and now ? its like give them freee lvl 60
-if you want to be blizzlike again but hard to say if you can call that server blizzlike .. you have to change lvliing system too

Chasity
Former Staff

#36 » Post by Chasity » 15 Jul 2015 15:28

There will be always people who like and who dislike the idea. The players from Primal like it because of the leveling. It's not as hard as in Vanilla and still there is a challenge in raids etc.

// Personal opinion - The players from Truewow will not be really affected from the conception of Primal since there will be no merge before Primal to be at wotlk state. Also leveling on Primal is much harder than on TW - there is no looms, no RaF nothing so you cannot say that players get free level 60. Personally it took me 6 days played time to get to 60 :D //
"and rly ... Location -- IKEAland .. you re rly pissed of by guy who is from IKEA :D"

Longi

#37 » Post by Longi » 15 Jul 2015 15:34

Chasity wrote:There will be always people who like and who dislike the idea. The players from Primal like it because of the leveling. It's not as hard as in Vanilla and still there is a challenge in raids etc.

// Personal opinion - The players from Truewow will not be really affected from the conception of Primal since there will be no merge before Primal to be at wotlk state. Also leveling on Primal is much harder than on TW - there is no looms, no RaF nothing so you cannot say that players get free level 60. Personally it took me 6 days played time to get to 60 :D //
Still fast :D, mby you can decrease xp reward from RDF and quests by some percentage. There is rly a lot working quests so it wont be problem for ppl lvl up :) and im person who needed like half year to get lvl 80 :D

Nyeriah

#38 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Jul 2015 15:39

I think these comments and suggestions that are not pertinent to TrueWoW's development & community would be better posted as suggestions at the PrimalWoW forums so the Primal community get their say at it.

Personally I think the experience rate is fine as it is. People don't like leveling, and most definitely they wouldn't like to be leveling at 0.8 rates (I don't even know if that's possible).

Relina

#39 » Post by Relina » 15 Jul 2015 15:42

Or if you don't want to post at primal, at-least hold off till the website & forums are merged before suggesting changes to Primal while play on TW :).
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Roel
Founder

#40 » Post by Roel » 15 Jul 2015 15:47

I will repeat:
Roel wrote:The realm has a different target audience to appeal to a larger crowd in the private server world. By all means keep playing on the main realm if that's what you prefer :)
Really, our goal is that the majority of TW players are NOT interested in this new realm. That's how TW will survive. There are thousands of players online at Vanilla servers right now so the 40 man raid content does appeal to a lot of people, and a great deal of them have already joined Primal because of the unique concept.

If you're seriously interested to play at Primal and have suggestions, please post them in the suggestions forum at primalwow.

Longi

#41 » Post by Longi » 15 Jul 2015 15:53

Nyeriah wrote:I think these comments and suggestions that are not pertinent to TrueWoW's development & community would be better posted as suggestions at the PrimalWoW forums so the Primal community get their say at it.

Personally I think the experience rate is fine as it is. People don't like leveling, and most definitely they wouldn't like to be leveling at 0.8 rates (I don't even know if that's possible).
I know ppl dont like leveling, just wanted to point on If we have like 90% working quests and 90% of players will use max 40% of these quests .. its big waste of energy and developer´s power who fixed it :)
and i wont post on primalwow forum .. dont have milion emails for creating accounts ... i ll w8 for merge if it happens :)

demonlord

#42 » Post by demonlord » 15 Jul 2015 16:20

I got a question,

When this progression server gets a realm on truewow and i decide to login with my current account and switch realm to make a char there and play till the end (when both servers are on 3.3.5) and you decide to merge them together how will that turn out with the amount of chars on one account? atm you can make 10 on one account. i already got 10 on this and what if i have 3 there?

how will that turn out for the max amount of chars per account.

and also how will the names be handled? like with every merge double names can happen
Neither Beast nor the Stalker shall stand in my way.
Neither Light nor the Shadow shall ruin my day.
Neither Energy of a Rogue nor a Warrior's Rage.
Neither Frost, nor Fire or an Arcane Mage.
Neither the Crusader with his Auras shining bright,
Nor the Demon Lord or the Ebon Knight.
Not even the Shapeshifter can withstand.
The power of a Shaman with the spirits in his hand!

You come get da Voodoo

Longi

#43 » Post by Longi » 15 Jul 2015 16:23

demonlord wrote:I got a question,

When this progression server gets a realm on truewow and i decide to login with my current accoutn and switch realm to make a char there and play till the end (when both servers are on 3.3.5) and you decide to merge them together how will that turn out with the amount of chars on one account? atm you can make 10 on one account. i already got 10 on this and what if i have 3 there?

how will that turn out for the max amount of chars per account.

and also how will the names be handled? like with every merge double names can happen
what I know they re workin on same account for forum and in future for a game too, So lets say it will be workin in few days/weeks

about names. it will work same as with other merges. player with active character and more played time will get priority for name

about characters merge to same account ..hmm no idea

Dysphoria

#44 » Post by Dysphoria » 15 Jul 2015 16:34

Did I get something wrong , whats patch on primal server?
Recken Destruction

Roel
Founder

#45 » Post by Roel » 15 Jul 2015 17:04

Roel wrote:Names will be a lot like our previous merge, it will depend on who is still active and who has the most amount of played time.
But thanks for bringing the 10 character limit to our attention. If someone has more characters, they will need to go to a 2nd account. But it still takes so long for that merge to happen, I suggest not to worry too much about the technical details right now.

Primal uses the 3.3.5 client, starting with 1.5.0 content and slowly advancing towards 3.3.5 content.