The Future of TrueWoW

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Myaoming
Former Staff

Re: The Future of TrueWoW

#76 » Post by Myaoming » 17 Jul 2015 03:32

^ lol :D
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

jamhead

#77 » Post by jamhead » 17 Jul 2015 03:53

ItchyVortex wrote:
jamhead wrote:What a weird coincidence. Been playing on primal since my uni friends went there and it's a nice change of pace. Hopefully we can get a good ol' Jammin' raid with some old faces at some point :D
omg ur not playing cardstone =0
Gonna start the climb to legend tomorrow :P
Currently addicted to hearthstone playing at legend rank. Feel free to add jamhead#2986

My quest to prove anybody can paint - jamheadii.deviantart.com

Check out my new puzzle game Slide!

benzviliran

#78 » Post by benzviliran » 17 Jul 2015 15:35

I have a question, whats the population in primalwow? how many players are online at the same time?
I am the swarm

lollypop

#80 » Post by lollypop » 31 Jul 2015 14:17

wtf....i only just noticed this travesty!

How many are new and not existing TW players?

Roel
Founder

#81 » Post by Roel » 31 Jul 2015 14:26

TW population is still the same while Primal is just as big now, we have doubled our total population in 2 months. Now we need to keep it that way.

Naljs

#82 » Post by Naljs » 01 Aug 2015 20:04

I don't know if this has been brought up, but isn't there issues about simulating a vanilla server on a 3.3.5 patch? There's been so many changes in the patches, I don't see how it's possible to make this work.. talents/spells/stats/scaling, everything been redone so much with the patches.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Roel
Founder

#83 » Post by Roel » 01 Aug 2015 20:40

Naljs wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up, but isn't there issues about simulating a vanilla server on a 3.3.5 patch? There's been so many changes in the patches, I don't see how it's possible to make this work.. talents/spells/stats/scaling, everything been redone so much with the patches.
Yes but a lot has already been done to make it a good experience. Although that's subjective and therefore not everyone will agree.

Naljs

#84 » Post by Naljs » 01 Aug 2015 21:23

Roel wrote:
Naljs wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up, but isn't there issues about simulating a vanilla server on a 3.3.5 patch? There's been so many changes in the patches, I don't see how it's possible to make this work.. talents/spells/stats/scaling, everything been redone so much with the patches.
Yes but a lot has already been done to make it a good experience. Although that's subjective and therefore not everyone will agree.
I see. Well so long as it works, which it evidentally does seeing the population, maybe people find it a bit more interesting to play a slightly different vanilla server, not having to refresh Seals as a paladin ever so often etc. It's an interesting project and a good way to attract attention :)
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

ColdStep

#85 » Post by ColdStep » 02 Aug 2015 02:17

When TW eventually merges with them, will we turn over to cata? :shock: :cry:

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#86 » Post by Hansrutger » 02 Aug 2015 02:34

ColdStep wrote:When TW eventually merges with them, will we turn over to cata? :shock: :cry:
Nope.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Gauravkumar

#87 » Post by Gauravkumar » 05 Aug 2015 05:53

Liked the idea of how much you all are dedicated to this idea of saving the server... I am playing on this server since 12th july 2012, and really got attached to the server, loved it... I always wanted to stay with the game, but college timing never permits, anyhow I always manage to login, now and then so that i can enjoy & play. I just have 2- 80 level characters but still the kind of attachment to them, those are someone with whom you, level up from 1-80, & make plenty of friends while doing it, who we might not see again on the server, i was worried with this problem, now when you guys are saving the characters, i think people will stick to the idea of loging in once a year during holidays and we can expect better population then. when i will starting earning from my job, i will surely donate to you guys for this effort and keeping the server alive as long as possible. Good job guys

xblue

#88 » Post by xblue » 10 Aug 2015 21:35

Can I ask why ?

Will this NOT draw manpower from the original ? >:(

... or maybe no one wants to team with me ? :(

Thanks for all the enjoyment :P
All my posts are my opinion or satire

petersaints

#89 » Post by petersaints » 15 Aug 2015 00:41

Just a suggestiom regarding TrueWoW and PrimalWoW... I think that it might be nice to allow transfers (or maybe character copies) from PrimalWoW to TrueWoW. Maybe not right away, but as more and more people complete the PrimalWoW content, it may be interesting to give them the option to move to TrueWoW and continue their journey, instead of rerolling from scratch on a potentially unrelated server.

Roel
Founder

#90 » Post by Roel » 15 Aug 2015 09:58

petersaints wrote:Just a suggestiom regarding TrueWoW and PrimalWoW... I think that it might be nice to allow transfers (or maybe character copies) from PrimalWoW to TrueWoW. Maybe not right away, but as more and more people complete the PrimalWoW content, it may be interesting to give them the option to move to TrueWoW and continue their journey, instead of rerolling from scratch on a potentially unrelated server.
Roel wrote:If TrueWoW population starts declining at some point, we also have plans for a transfer tool so players from PrimalWoW can copy a character to TrueWoW and give it a try without levelling from scratch. This will become more important as the years pass. Transfers from TrueWoW to PrimalWoW will NOT be available (wouldn't be able to do a copy anyway because of the content difference).