The Future of TrueWoW

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Roel
Founder

Re: The Future of TrueWoW

#16 » Post by Roel » 15 Jul 2015 00:14

Etro wrote:If anything, a new source of population has the potential to include more members to the Staff.
This, excited players make new staff members and even devs. The realm will become self-regulating by the staff members it creates. Some new life encourages old staff members to keep contributing. It's not a job where they continue to do things when they no longer like them because they can make a living of it. The same counts the other way around, if players leave out of boredom, staff members can also leave.

Fretykso

#17 » Post by Fretykso » 15 Jul 2015 00:19

Uh, I don't get it at all

Why make a new realm which will be ultimately the same as the exsiting one? That has nothing to do with developement or progress. If we are to have a new realm, make it Cata/MoP/WoD/whatever, but make it something NEW. Instead of going forward, we are going backwards now. Pointless

Roel
Founder

#18 » Post by Roel » 15 Jul 2015 00:22

Fretykso wrote:Uh, I don't get it at all

Why make a new realm which will be ultimately the same as the exsiting one? That has nothing to do with developement or progress. If we are to have a new realm, make it Cata/MoP/WoD/whatever, but make it something NEW. Instead of going forward, we are going backwards now. Pointless
The realm has a different target audience to appeal to a larger crowd in the private server world. By all means keep playing on the main realm if that's what you prefer :)

Etro
Honorary Member

#19 » Post by Etro » 15 Jul 2015 00:29

Fretykso wrote:Uh, I don't get it at all

It's not only a matter of content, it's also a matter of how the content is experienced. In PrimalWoW, as of right now, you don't have the chance to quickly level up to 80 and then so easily one-man everything just for the sake of achievements. Raids such as Molter Core, right now, Blackwing Lair and Zul'Gurub later, are actually a challenge.

The really fast population grow of PrimalWoW regardless of how new the server is and the good reviews it has gotten is evidence that experiencing old content progressively and with challenge is actually of great interest to many people, even though you disagree. There are many Cata, MoP and even some WoD servers out there already, but none like PrimalWoW.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

mcheka

#20 » Post by mcheka » 15 Jul 2015 01:59

Interesting project. It doesn't seem like it'll split the population of TrueWoW (I certainly hope not), and at the same time may be a stroke of genius by Roel & the staff to ensure the continued longevity of TrueWoW. I believe this is a really cool approach.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

benzviliran

#21 » Post by benzviliran » 15 Jul 2015 02:09

what about opening a closed realm of catacalysm or mysts which will only be kept for fixes and scripts and when it will be one day ready open it too?

could be entertaining as a dev also you cant know if one day we should play cata or mysts so what do we have to lose if this realm will be open for devs only?
I am the swarm

ItchyVortex

#22 » Post by ItchyVortex » 15 Jul 2015 02:10

Once primal hits RS25hc lets open another progression realm :D

Also i wish something was done about arenas, like limiting pve gear in arena as suggested by Vaen here , it would be a breath of fresh air to play vs more different teams. But this one is a hard decision, since the community splits in half towards their opinion on this. Personally even if i was neutral here, change and experimentation is always a good experience :d
Truth is, a huge chunk of players have left because of the state of pvp.

Speaking of the future of truewow... Will we keep this queue and arena reward system for next season? I guess wintrades dont exist anymore but queues are way too slow, ive seen 3 teams in queue and none of them could play against eachother because of different rating brackets.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

gann

#23 » Post by gann » 15 Jul 2015 02:18

What about Vanilla / TBC content remove in 3.3.5 (Attunements, opening of AQ, Ony60 etc)
Noveria

Longi

#24 » Post by Longi » 15 Jul 2015 02:50

Nice ideas but how da hell you can play vanilla / tbc with wotlk client. Different between talents, spells and so on .. :-)

Evildead

#25 » Post by Evildead » 15 Jul 2015 02:52

longi wrote:Nice ideas but how da hell you can play vanilla / tbc with wotlk client. Different between talents, spells and so on .. :-)
http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 50&t=15284
https://imgur.com/NhsJUyc.jpg

Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds.

~Albert Einstein.

Longi

#26 » Post by Longi » 15 Jul 2015 03:07

Evildead wrote:
longi wrote:Nice ideas but how da hell you can play vanilla / tbc with wotlk client. Different between talents, spells and so on .. :-)
http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 50&t=15284
just for example .... :) ..different cds on spells. different mechanics and soooo on :D

Aasamath

#27 » Post by Aasamath » 15 Jul 2015 12:40

The talent thingy scares me too. I don't mind having retail talent for pve, as long as the challenge is brought on by hp or dps tweaks, but pvp scares me.
Class balance at lvl max isn't great at all, so twink lvl 60 or 70 might be even worse. Plus we won't experience retail pvp until server reaches late Wotlk.
I don't say it will be bad; it will just be different and personnaly i might just wait until it reaches Wotlk and play on truewow in the meanwhile, or a real tbc server if one appears.
Last edited by Aasamath on 15 Jul 2015 13:09, edited 3 times in total.

Liqueur
Honorary Member

#28 » Post by Liqueur » 15 Jul 2015 13:05

I think this is a very original and innovative idea. Personally what I regretted the most about not playing on retail from the early years is missing out all the progress, starting from scratch and being able to go along with all the new patches. That's one of the main reasons I never went retail, the other being of course the amount of time and effort put into my characters back on Spermik and here on Truewow.

But if I may suggest, maybe you could consider continuing that progress after reaching end of WotLK content. I understand how merging the two servers in the end will help the population, and I'm all for it. But after doing so, the merged server could be cloned: both servers would have the same population, same accounts, characters, everything exactly the same. Except, one server would stay on WotLK as intended, whereas the other server would continue its initial progress that PrimalWoW started. This way progress is maintained, which it seems is desired by a group of people here according to the previous comments, but Truewow also gets to stay WotLK forever - which once again is a matter of interest; personally I'd like to see both (that's why I'm making the suggestion, obviously). This way we don't have to worry about the population either, as both servers will have the same characters and players, except they have the choice to stay on WotLK or try out new content and patches, without having to give up on either one, since they will have the same characters on both servers, and will be able to play both simultaneously according to their preferences.

Aside from this I would just like to thank you Roel for not giving up on us, it's good to know we're in the hands of a person who cares enough about this community to still come up with ideas and decisions in our favour. Eases the fear of ever losing everything we've worked on on this server :)
Liqueur ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (PvE Ret/PvP Holy)
Caffeine ~ level 80 Undead Warrior (Fury/Prot)
Narcotic ~ level 80 Undead Priest (Disc/Shadow)
Megalomaniac ~ level 80 Orc Death Knight (UH DPS/Frost-Blood hybrid tank)
Lemuria ~ level 80 Troll Hunter (MM/BM)
Daisy ~ level 80 Tauren Druid (Balance/Resto)
Eszti ~ level 80 Human Warlock (Destro/Affli)
Gummybear ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (Holy/Prot)
Lazy ~ level 80 Troll Rogue (Combat)
Foamy ~ level 80 Troll Priest (Holy/Shadow)
Bloodcow ~ level 80 Tauren Death Knight (Blood Tank/Blood DPS)
Neuroticfish ~ level 80 Night Elf Druid (Feral Cat/Bear)
Soilbleed ~ level 80 Orc Shaman (Enha/Resto)
Anemia ~ level 80 Blood Elf Mage (Fire/FFB)
Rottenmaiden ~ level 60 Undead Warlock

jastericiak

#29 » Post by jastericiak » 15 Jul 2015 13:26

Its all cool but the idea of emulating vanila/tbc content on 3.3.5 client is just weird. I am pretty sure someone already pointed that out (yeah i havent read through whole topic my apologies). Game mechanics are completly different,different talent trees etc. For example i am pretty sure that level 60 with wotlk talents is capable of doing more dps than than with original vannila talents. Will there be some tweaks in raid difficulties to somehow balance things out?
"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would've noticed another madman around here? Good luck, everyone."

Aasamath

#30 » Post by Aasamath » 15 Jul 2015 13:32

Yes there are tweaks for pve, like hp buff. They also nerfed healing, and in bg's dps has been nerfed too.
Problem is that some spells or major talents will be avaible at earlier patch.
Warrior will have Juggernaut (charge in combat) at lvl 70, boomkin will have typhoon, lock will have instant shadowfury in destro and instant howl of terror in affli ...