The Future of TrueWoW

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Silverhand

Re: The Future of TrueWoW

#91 » Post by Silverhand » 06 Sep 2015 19:06

[quote="Nyeriah"]Of nothing is it worth to have wings if you do not know how to fly.

Tell that to a Penguin.

sithneverdie

#92 » Post by sithneverdie » 05 Oct 2015 08:50

what is the ETA on the website/ relmslist merge (NOT the servers)

Roel
Founder

#93 » Post by Roel » 05 Oct 2015 10:10

I was planning to at least merge the forums this month, the realmlist should follow pretty soon after that. But the website could take a bit longer.

Lhotsegirl
Donor

#94 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 13 Aug 2017 10:07

Hi folks,

I just wanted to clarify some answers as to where True/Primal WoW was headed, hence checking the forum archives. This post was last responded to nearly two years ago

It is good to have a progressive server, and I guess as predicted at first, there has been a gradual decline at Truewow with more activity on Primal. I recall 2/3 years ago there was good activity on Truewow and it was worth playing. I play on and off due to work and fatigue, and I'm now back on for more fun.

I am saddened to see a population on average about 15-30 online on Truewow, but Primal has on average up to 300. Playing on TrueWow is boring and quiet, but, I have toons to level, and I continue to welcome and make it welcoming for new players to the server, trying to spin the story of good how it was, the potential and at least try to keep people there. I guess it's because I'm lonely and I need some company LOL... I could just stick it out on retail as usual with the thousands of activity... but I love WOTLK and this has been a damned good server.

What is the next step in the future now Truewow community has declined?

Is it really worth me staying, or should I move to Primal and start again. I have had the name Annapurna and Lhotse since before Primal, but cannot reclaim them on Primal. It would frustrate me if Truewow moves to Primal once end game is reach on Primal as I do not wish to loose those names, or are we going to have a PVP server (TW) and a Normal server (Primal)

What is the plan now, have there been any changes of thoughts. Are we going to focus on re-developing and growing the population of TW? Or are we going to let it continue to decline. If there is a focus to let TW grow again then I'd be very happy to stay and make a real go of it.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Best wishes,

Krystyna x
RETIRED FROM TRUEWOW & PRIMAL
--------------------------------------------

IronSharona
Former Staff

#95 » Post by IronSharona » 13 Aug 2017 17:12

Current ideas are still that in roughly 4 years (2 for TBC to play out, 2 for WotLK content to release and be worked through on Primal) that the realms will merge. I do not personally know what this will entail for conflicting name choices, probably up to an admin to resolve the conflicts, but I have always seen the idea was expressed as Primal merging INTO TrueWoW. That would give us one PvP realm (TrueWoW/Primal toons merged) and potentially the new PvE Wrath progression realm (working name: Stormhold, all information still pending as seen in the last public announcement).

I would love to help TW grow in population long before the merge takes place and I am always open to suggestions and ideas! Please feel free to PM me with any ideas you might have so we can look into how to bring them to life :)
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)