New Arena Season - New Approach

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Nyeriah

Re: New Arena Season - New Approach

#151 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 May 2015 16:13

Yeah you're right. I should really leave fixing for others because I'm not competent enough for it (ever noticed I'm not fixing anything anymore?). From a certain time now I'm not playing the developer role and just helping things be put together and executing updates.

Whatsoever, I never said I would never do anything about SM if it was provided enough evidence that it shouldn't proc as often as it does right now. However, I did provide videos and all of sources I had when I pushed this fix.

I have even fixed few of the issues there were that none bothered to report...

Dropdead

#152 » Post by Dropdead » 16 May 2015 16:25

Because all those issues were caused by your fix , meaning it wasnt good enough . Sorry but If rumors , topic in forums and what you're being told by SM friends ingame is enough info for a fix for you it isnt for me . Even on wowiki there are many IFs but here are none , every single white hit procs always a shard , lots of aoes do while they shouldnt , THREE chaos banes in a bladestorm , all those things are far from right . In the end what matters is a bad fix is worse than no fix , especially in PvP .

Nyeriah

#153 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 May 2015 16:34

Current testing has shown that auto attacks on average generate one fragment every two seconds, and special abilities generate fragments at the same rate for a combined total of approximately one Soul Fragment every second on a single target. In AoE situations the Fragments gained per second will increase, but because not all of the players GCD's will be used to do AoE it is still unclear exactly how much faster fragments will be generated (in terms of Fragments gained per second) per target added for each class.
Dunno how fast warriors auto attack, but mines are on a 2,82 lock on haste gear as a retri paladin.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Shadowmourne

Dropdead

#154 » Post by Dropdead » 16 May 2015 16:43

Everything is set to 100 % here , there is no average chance to proc > leading to more shard stacks with everything as time go on for even extra faceroll .

In the end to sum it up , I never had anything against you , matter of fact I always said good words about your fixes , but sadly cant do the same now , but you are a big girl and should be able to take a little critism .

Vaxsysl

#155 » Post by Vaxsysl » 16 May 2015 19:10

I'm not pouncing on anything. I'm not complaining as much as questioning if this any attack at any rate is legit, no haterino cappuccino on Nyeriah. I could understand it having 2-3sec per shard, I could understand it being 20% chance, but 100% chance for everything does not seem so legit to be honest. I'm not a fan of watching PvP videos or anything, but if it truly is 100% chance, I'll bend over and do what only flexible people can manage.

I charge, melee gets me a shard. Hamstring gets me a shard, hamstring on second target gets me a shard, auto attack gives me a shard, my overpower gives me a shard, my MS gives me a shard, cleave gives me two more and random stance dance for WW is 10, first Bane. Then piercing howl and bladestorm for another bane, if not two if one pet is out or something (rip hunter snakes for 100% extra). So that is four banes in less than 12 seconds against fmage/lock/hunt/UH DK in single Bladestorm, with maybe WW after that for added measure for bonus one. I count up to 4/5 banes now here.

Every single counterattack from Retaliation is giving one extra shard in addition to my own ability damage. At least shouts and Thunder Clap don't give any. To hell, add one shard from heroic throw before charge and hamstring. Warriors can literally spam extra 7rage hamstrings between attacks on someone for no other reason than to get shards.

Let's say that I'm facing a ret and uh DK, and that they're going on me as we ran out of cooldowns and my partner is now under repent, and let's say that I do the above, since I don't have wall or block available. That would mean me getting up to seven banes inside 10 seconds.

Seven Chaos Banes, inside twelve seconds.

...honestly, does does not seem Blizzard-ish to me. I have always thought that SM's shards have some 2/3 sec delay in getting so the proc happens every 30ish seconds, so the weapon proc works like an extra trinket. This is...too much.

I mean, SM is quite powerful as it is, no hate or love on that, but when my human warrior gets all AP/str procs, I have just sight over 10k AP. I can literally kill clothies with no less but three big crits, with deep wounds and rend tick and melee swing between giving me room finishing the job, under single Intercept, and that was back in 2013 when BC merged with TW. Now plates without protection bubbles drop almost the same, let alone poor feral that I "pounced " on.

Honestly, nerf this. Now I guess I know what some players mean to say with SM faceroll. Up to seven Chaos banes within twelve seconds if focused...

:/
Fern / Gaidin (and other alts)

Wilcox

#156 » Post by Wilcox » 16 May 2015 23:41

dear nyeriah. trust me, even though nobody speaks it out loud, we all appreciate your devotion to the server and commitment to improving it. there's something called 'taking out an eye while trying to draw an eyebrow' thats how this is. it was a bad 'fix', and it should be reverted. there is absolutely no hate towards you.

Nyeriah

#157 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 May 2015 23:52

I already reverted it because I seriously don't care anymore if it works or not. People can always open bug reports so the developers who know what they're doing can check it out. Now leave me alone...

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#158 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 16 May 2015 23:56

I bladestormed into a pack of 20 mobs the other day with SM, and started with 0 stacks of shards, and had macro to cancel aura, I got only 2 chaos banes in one bladestorm at 20 mobs with sweeping strikes...excuse me, but you guys are eating too much shit
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Justicelight
Donor

#159 » Post by Justicelight » 17 May 2015 00:23

Nyeriah wrote:I already reverted it because I seriously don't care anymore if it works or not. People can always open bug reports so the developers who know what they're doing can check it out. Now leave me alone...
Nice, actually now, with old bug back, it gives more control over it, so it doesnt break CC in arena so much :D

I hope now people can get over it, even tho I wouldn't expect much love even after revert from the people who wanted it disabled xD
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Relina

#160 » Post by Relina » 17 May 2015 00:34

All that this endless QQ about SM fix has accomplished, was to make another one of our limited number of Dev's feel as if they were wasting their free time.
/golfclap
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Arockalypse
Donor

#161 » Post by Arockalypse » 17 May 2015 00:37

So now the 3am glads got their wish, and here we are playing with a fucked up sm all over again.
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

keez
Donor

#162 » Post by keez » 17 May 2015 00:53

If there wasnt SM on server people would be crying over other stuff like bladestorm or chimera or chaos bolt.
Bads will always cry because they are bad.
Tell me when you see me or boxis or justice cry over items.
SM is nothing in hands of bad players.

Vaen

#163 » Post by Vaen » 17 May 2015 02:47

kek gj mosthated for getting nyeriah to revert a fix for no good reason other than it being controversial and making her not push any more of her own fixes. Keez and Boris both pretty much summed it up before. It's funny that someone who isnt even playing arena this season takes a shit on the server.

reminder than sm is (was) okay: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=159069
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Dropdead

#164 » Post by Dropdead » 17 May 2015 03:51

I never wanted it to be reverted , I wanted it fixed right . Anyway my opinion remains the same :

White hits shouldnt have 100 % shard proc and they do . Im sure many other played retail or servers with better scripted pvp but man first time i see 3 fucking chaos banes in a single bladestorm (thats not blizzlike that's absurdlike) . Wont even bother doing 2s , pointless to try and do my best while a backpedal retard that happens to be SM weilder just tunnels u without even bothering to interupt , stance dance , use defensives or whatsoever and u just die from his ''legit'' dmg . Only ppl that say this is right obviously are clueless or are SM users themselfs used to it so much that without it they cant kill a dalaran sewers rat , rather sad imo .

If anyone found himself in my words , I really dont care , I just said the truth . Sm is already op enough weapon in Pvp making you do like 1/3 more dmg compared to other weapons , no reason to make it even worse , unless u want to rename to Truewow - Most plate server . Also funny how i never saw warriors canceling their buff to keep gaining shards for more chaos banes , apperantly on TW its new meta and retail gladiators suck balls to casual charge bladestorming truewow noobs .

KSIXternal

#165 » Post by KSIXternal » 17 May 2015 05:30

can i get some assistance?
i just installed truewow TWICE. the pre installed. and the one where you download each individual patch. both took a long time.

BOTH of them required some sort of update when i logged in. which updated the launcher, or just didn't install at all and made it impossible for me to play. WTF is going on. i've been wanting to play this shit all day. but instead i had to look up an alternative way to download it that SHOULD be on the main page if it actually works better than the pre installed torrent.

please help with this. it pisses me off to no end that i followed the instructions and shit still goes wrong.