Retail transfers and many more servers allowed

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Wilcox

Re: Retail transfers and more servers allowed

#106 » Post by Wilcox » 16 Apr 2015 16:04

how will transferring from retail work? will you give chars like lv 90 or 100, 80 in here? and you cant just go into retail servers to run your 'addon', how would it work?

Nephyx
Former Staff

#107 » Post by Nephyx » 16 Apr 2015 16:06

You can read about retail transfers here .
Right Conquers Might

Wilcox

#108 » Post by Wilcox » 16 Apr 2015 16:12

ah. my bad, thank you

maxwell3094

#109 » Post by maxwell3094 » 17 Apr 2015 08:37

So ive got a question regarding retail transfers. I have an old mage from back when I played that I would like to transfer but stopped the subscription back before wotlk and so its an "inactive" character. How exactly can I get it to be "active" again and show up in the armory through a trial? I would assume this means the starter edition thing but then I wouldn't actually be able to log into the character to change equips and verify its my character if its over the starter editions level limit right? Would I actually have to pay for a month in order to log into the character and do that or is there an alternative?

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#110 » Post by Hansrutger » 17 Apr 2015 09:34

uuuuuuu awesome! This means I can transfer YET another paladin but from retail!!! Amg moar paladinz plox! :D
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

belendor

#111 » Post by belendor » 17 Apr 2015 10:07

tha'ts cheating D:
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

jastericiak

#112 » Post by jastericiak » 17 Apr 2015 10:24

maxwell3094 wrote:So ive got a question regarding retail transfers. I have an old mage from back when I played that I would like to transfer but stopped the subscription back before wotlk and so its an "inactive" character. How exactly can I get it to be "active" again and show up in the armory through a trial? I would assume this means the starter edition thing but then I wouldn't actually be able to log into the character to change equips and verify its my character if its over the starter editions level limit right? Would I actually have to pay for a month in order to log into the character and do that or is there an alternative?
You are reading my mind. I cant access character over lvl 20 with trial version. And paying another month in which i have no intention to play on retail just to be able to transfer character doesnt seem to be fair :/
"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would've noticed another madman around here? Good luck, everyone."

Roel
Founder

#113 » Post by Roel » 17 Apr 2015 10:38

maxwell3094 wrote:So ive got a question regarding retail transfers. I have an old mage from back when I played that I would like to transfer but stopped the subscription back before wotlk and so its an "inactive" character. How exactly can I get it to be "active" again and show up in the armory through a trial? I would assume this means the starter edition thing but then I wouldn't actually be able to log into the character to change equips and verify its my character if its over the starter editions level limit right? Would I actually have to pay for a month in order to log into the character and do that or is there an alternative?
I am not 100% sure how the trial works but from what I read some people managed to get a character "active" with a trial. So I added that to the transfer description, but with this information I will remove it again... Then indeed the only way to transfer it is to pay for a month. I am open to any suggestions on how to do a fool proof transfer of "inactive" characters but so far I couldn't think of any. The only way I know of to even see inactive characters is by logging in on the retail website, but they lock accounts if logging in on different IPs.

Edit: Working on an idea with screenshots.

jastericiak

#114 » Post by jastericiak » 17 Apr 2015 10:52

Well if screenshot isnt the proof then how bout making a video? I can log in into my character list. Show everything in real time. Heck even create some new character there with some specific name you pick as a proof its my account
"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would've noticed another madman around here? Good luck, everyone."

Chasity
Former Staff

#115 » Post by Chasity » 17 Apr 2015 11:14

To me this sounds as a good compromise
"and rly ... Location -- IKEAland .. you re rly pissed of by guy who is from IKEA :D"

maxwell3094

#116 » Post by maxwell3094 » 17 Apr 2015 11:18

From what I understand of it I think you could maybe at least get a character to be "active" through the starter edition. Its just logging in using that character to change around your equips that would cause problems. I agree that using screenshots could be a bit iffy though as jastericiak says a video might work. Outside of that I don't really have any other ideas. Removing gear from all but select slots may be problematic for people without an active subscription but there don't seem to be many alternatives.

Also this might not help everyone but I think I found an ACTUAL trial sort of thing. On your battle.net account under summary click the WoW standard edition box. On the new page in the little "upgrade available" box for warlords of draenor there should be a button that says a 10 day free trial. I think this gives an actual timed trial instead of the level limit type thing the starter edition does so its possible this lets us access old characters. Ill let it patch and whatnot overnight while I sleep and check tomorrow to see if it works out.

Wilcox

#117 » Post by Wilcox » 17 Apr 2015 11:24

if thats the case, i got lots of shit to brong over from retail

Roel
Founder

#118 » Post by Roel » 17 Apr 2015 12:09

Well I think a video is too much to ask for some people but I wrote a method with a screenshot that doesn't require a trial or game client. Do you think it's safe enough?

- To verify your ownership, login on the retail website and go to this page.
- Take a screenshot of the character list like this example and upload it to an image host like imgur.
- It's crucial that the character for transfer is marked with the green check mark and TrueWoW is opened in the 2nd tab of your browser.
- The screenshot should be full screen and not be edited in any way.
- Provide the link to the screenshot in the "username" field. Write the character name in the "character" field.
- If you have a monk, you should write your preferred class in the password field.
- Only one transfer per character name allowed, regardless of realm.
- Any 80+ character will receive 80 starting gear like described above. 60-79 characters will either receive a level 60 or 70.

P.S. Yes I played on retail for 3 months when MoP came out, shared it with my brother. Turns out to be useful as example of an inactive character :P

jastericiak

#119 » Post by jastericiak » 17 Apr 2015 12:37

maxwell3094 wrote:From what I understand of it I think you could maybe at least get a character to be "active" through the starter edition. Its just logging in using that character to change around your equips that would cause problems. I agree that using screenshots could be a bit iffy though as jastericiak says a video might work. Outside of that I don't really have any other ideas. Removing gear from all but select slots may be problematic for people without an active subscription but there don't seem to be many alternatives.

Also this might not help everyone but I think I found an ACTUAL trial sort of thing. On your battle.net account under summary click the WoW standard edition box. On the new page in the little "upgrade available" box for warlords of draenor there should be a button that says a 10 day free trial. I think this gives an actual timed trial instead of the level limit type thing the starter edition does so its possible this lets us access old characters. Ill let it patch and whatnot overnight while I sleep and check tomorrow to see if it works out.
I tried and that trial thingie actually does work. But guess only if you dont have wod purchased already (well guess... i am sure about that.I dont really see point in giving players 10 days trial for something they already bought :p ). And ofc wont work if you already used the 10 days trial.

Nyeriah

#120 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Apr 2015 16:52

The 10 days trial actually gets restored after a couple of months, gonna use my second one once my hots stimpack ceases