New donate system & Offers for non-donators

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
liopboy
Donor

Re: New donate system & Offers for non-donators

#31 » Post by liopboy » 16 Feb 2015 03:52

Well that wasnt so good showed :/

Roel
Founder

#32 » Post by Roel » 16 Feb 2015 10:27

So I assume you thought you would get 2100 points... The reason for the bonus was to show how much more points you get when you donate a larger amount in one go. Like donating 1 euro gives 50 points but donating 10 euro gives 1050 points instead of 500, hence the 500+550. Anyway sorry for the confusion, to prevent any of that in the future, I have hidden the text about the bonus.

Also, another word for a donation is a gift. Donating to a cause is generally done because of appreciation and wanting to keep it alive. Besides the emotional and social rewards, other rewards are often given but it's different from paying for something. Though I am afraid we would no longer be alive if we didn't have our web point shop for voting and donating...

liopboy
Donor

#33 » Post by liopboy » 16 Feb 2015 11:12

Thank you, and i know THAT donation is to have the server up and running. And i hope IT does..

liopboy
Donor

#34 » Post by liopboy » 16 Feb 2015 11:15

I was just thinking about that night When i bought the points.. I had a plan to spend 1000 points on My druid and 1000 on my hunter.. But yeah,forget about that

liopboy
Donor

#35 » Post by liopboy » 16 Feb 2015 12:45

I could donate 10 Euro more to just to hold the server up... You are all doing a great job

Shmoo

#36 » Post by Shmoo » 10 Mar 2015 23:33

Seriously Roel, you accept credit cards now? Well, mine's a debit, no need to finance a charitable gift. If I had known that, I would have given months ago! WHY YOU NO TELL ME?! Anyhow, tell me now?

And Liopboy, the reason to donate should primarily be to help the server out. If one's main reason is "What do I get out of it?(Besides an awesomely working server, of course... DUH!) then sorry mate, that tells a lot about one's character.
Shmoo: 80 Druid
Icedmilk: 80 Death Knight
Milkbubbles: 80 Paladin

Roel
Founder

#37 » Post by Roel » 11 Mar 2015 00:00

Shmoo wrote:Seriously Roel, you accept credit cards now? Well, mine's a debit, no need to finance a charitable gift. If I had known that, I would have given months ago! WHY YOU NO TELL ME?! Anyhow, tell me now?

And Liopboy, the reason to donate should primarily be to help the server out. If one's main reason is "What do I get out of it?(Besides an awesomely working server, of course... DUH!) then sorry mate, that tells a lot about one's character.
The announcement was made almost half a year ago but at least you have found it now :)

Anyway if you want to donate, it doesn't really matter that much when you do it, just check the donate page for the available options in your country.

Shmoo

#38 » Post by Shmoo » 13 Mar 2015 00:02

Roel wrote: The announcement was made almost half a year ago but at least you have found it now :)
Ah, I don't think I was playing WoW a year and a half ago. That would probably be why I missed it.

I will check that out right away.

Tanks and cheers!
Shmoo: 80 Druid
Icedmilk: 80 Death Knight
Milkbubbles: 80 Paladin