Etrobian Default theme released

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Etro
Honorary Member

Re: Etrobian Default theme released

#121 » Post by Etro » 14 Oct 2014 07:11

Because I have a dream... A dream of a perfect Truewow...

Part of that dream is a unified staff, both as a team and to the community. A staff with its own watermark and post background that would look special in comparison to the other posts, because that post special. And when immediately looking at the post, one knows, and knows with certainty, that the person that wrote that post, is a staff member and you can rely on him/her. And one will see that the staff is blue, and the blue is staff, because the staff is one made by many. all reliable and trustworthy like personality the traits of blue...

xD
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Nyeriah

#122 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Oct 2014 07:25

I don't dream of perfection.. I dream of scarlet red skies and livid spirals of flame, firestorms. Red dawn.

In theory, it'd show unity. In practice, it doesn't matter. To be quite honest, most of the matter is purely whimsy, as so is every discussions regarding forum colors... why do we even bother with these? Strip them off...

Etro
Honorary Member

#123 » Post by Etro » 14 Oct 2014 07:30

If you think this matter is whimsy, would you care if I handle the group colours with my theme?
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Nyeriah

#124 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Oct 2014 07:37

You're free to do whatever you'd like to your theme, it's not official. So, at this point, I don't mind it, myself.

Etro
Honorary Member

#125 » Post by Etro » 17 Oct 2014 23:37

This will be staff's post background and colour for the next update. I also gave out the post layout changes there.

Nyeriah

#126 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Oct 2014 00:21

Looks cool, might be a bit eye tiring to read but overall ok

Mojolicious
Donor

#127 » Post by Mojolicious » 29 Oct 2014 19:22

gj, looks better than the ice theme imo. if possible, please change sub-sections (achi/arena/hk ladder, etc.), too. :)

Etro
Honorary Member

#128 » Post by Etro » 29 Oct 2014 20:18

Those things are under the armory. I don't know if I want to change the armory too. Nuko seems to be very active regarding changes at times, and that would mean that I would have to do updates too. It is not too bad with just 1 theme, but when more themes get released, I'll have to update them all too. Also, I don't think I have a very good vision of how much better the Armory could look. Nuko has done a good job, IMO.

Too too too too too many talking points

Etro
Honorary Member

#129 » Post by Etro » 19 Nov 2014 03:05

Etro
Honorary Member

#130 » Post by Etro » 19 Nov 2014 15:56

I just pushed the commit for this update. It should get here by the end of the week.

Nyeriah

#131 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Nov 2014 16:00

I've updated your theme, your changes are live

Etro
Honorary Member

#132 » Post by Etro » 19 Nov 2014 16:15

Yes, they are. For those who are still not seeing it, refresh the site a few times or clear your browser cache. The first time it will take a bit to load since most images have been replaced.

IS_STAFF is not working for the staff post BG.

Some things didn't go thorugh at all... ugh..

Nyeriah

#133 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Nov 2014 16:28

Well...

Etro
Honorary Member

#134 » Post by Etro » 19 Nov 2014 16:30

The commits are fine. Something went wrong when applying them here. Probably because I was pushing a commit just when you were applying the update.

Can you update it again, please?

Nyeriah

#135 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Nov 2014 16:33

Already did