Etrobian Default theme released

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Nyeriah

Re: Etrobian Default theme released

#106 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Oct 2014 04:29

If by rank you mean the thing that shows under our name, then no, we don't have any plans on changing that for the soon future

Heihachi
Developer

#107 » Post by Heihachi » 12 Oct 2014 05:03

I don't plan on changing any phpBB code since updating will then be a major pain. The function tw::is_staff returns integers so if its not 0 we have a staff account

Etro
Honorary Member

#108 » Post by Etro » 12 Oct 2014 05:27

What's the script, though? I'd like to know how it works so I can mod it and test it in my forums. If I can use IS_STAFF, it would be much better.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Nyeriah

#109 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Oct 2014 05:37

Check your pms, I'll explain it there as I think it'd safer than exposing it publicly

Etro
Honorary Member

#110 » Post by Etro » 12 Oct 2014 06:38

If it works like that, I can't test it in my forums. But it also means that it should work for what I want to do with it.

I will apply the staff background with IS_STAFF in the next update, If it doesn't work, I will have to change it to rank titles.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Etro
Honorary Member

#111 » Post by Etro » 13 Oct 2014 10:21

How does this look?

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#112 » Post by Kindzadza » 13 Oct 2014 10:23

Desigh is good, maybe a lighter color though? Or just set it as you wish and post a demo preview.

Etro
Honorary Member

#113 » Post by Etro » 13 Oct 2014 10:38

That won't be the colour of the font. I just want to know what people think of the design.

I don't know if I will be using it for the staff's post profiles. It won't look similar to the Blizzard one, because this font is much more wider and if I place it just like Blizzard's staff post profiles, it will either look too small and no one could possibly figure out it says Truewow or too big and no one could possibly figure out it says Truewow. So, for now, I'm thinking on using the logo for that.

Etro
Honorary Member

#114 » Post by Etro » 14 Oct 2014 00:14

???

I also would like to change the post background for staff, but your groups colours would be a problem. If you all would be blue, though... You know, 'blizzlike' :P

Etro
Honorary Member

#115 » Post by Etro » 14 Oct 2014 03:18

Any opínions? Specially from the staff?

Nyeriah

#116 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Oct 2014 04:28

I like the background watermark. Changing colors is a bad idea at this time for the reasons I already previously stated.

Etro
Honorary Member

#117 » Post by Etro » 14 Oct 2014 04:50

Where did you previously stated such reasons? I don't remember them.

Nyeriah

#118 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Oct 2014 04:54

Cognitive reasons - the community is used to follow a pattern of colors and associate them to their respective groups. Wild color changes break the pattern, which might be generally misleading to most users. On the other hand the profit of having a single color at this time seems also minimal (introduces problems that fix little to nothing).

Etro
Honorary Member

#119 » Post by Etro » 14 Oct 2014 05:41

You mean the staff colours are in our procedural memory and that changing them will confuse us? Even if the staff colours are considered that often by us for it to be in our procedural memory, which I doubt, we have rank titles that would avoid confusion, if any.

Nyeriah

#120 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Oct 2014 06:47

Why U wanna change everything :( :( :( :oops: :( ((