Ruby Sanctum

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Fretykso

Re: Ruby Sanctum

#61 » Post by Fretykso » 30 Dec 2014 21:43

I have to point 3 things out :

1. High expectations against players

Why in earth are you even expecting players to distinguish between what is a bug and what is not? I don't understand it at all. We have a 'blizzlike' (according to the name, description etc.)server here... do you think blizz asked players what is bugged and what isn't after opening some new content on their servers? This is ridiculous.
Why you assume every raider goes through 1000 sites covering how things should work like and how they shouldn't? Believe it or not, there are some players who just enter a raid and wanna kill a boss, some don't even read any tactics or only listen to a raid leader (that's another matter though). So again, how a certain player (lets call him player X) is supposed to know about core/scripts/spells etc? Because as far as I know, there is no requirement from a player X to be well aware of scripting stuff when (or before) he joins to play on the serv. If there is such obligation explain me please where its source comes from?

2. Who is the one to blame for bugs

Ofc GMs and testers are to blame for non-working stuff. Should I rather blame my grandma who doesn't even know how computers work or the President of USA who doesn't have time to play MMO's? I know ppl here sacrifice their time to script things, test etc. and they don't get money etc. but yet that's another matter. No one is yelling to chop testers' heads or w/e just because something isn't working - but still they are the ones to be blamed for it, no one else.

3. Is the staff even consequent here?

It's been actually the 1st time I've seen something taken away because of abuse accusations. Problem is I've seen quite a lot 10 and 25 men raids 'abusing' something and nothing has been done with it.
What do you call an abuse anyway? Let's use 'TW' for Truewow and 'R' for retail

A) If something is bugged on TW and wasn't on R - and ppl use another bug to actually overcome the 1st bug - is that bug abuse or not ? (I've seen it done in Ulduar for example)
B) Has anything been done with ppl 'abusing' TOC 25 tribute to immortality? Because as far as I know some got achi even though there were dead players during the fight.
C) Maybe takeaway all ICC 25 hc LK achis and drops from ppl? Because before the last core update we were all 'abusers' who didn't dps the Valkyrs?

I could probably come up with few more examples but it has no point. I'd just like the staff to show more consequence and maybe define what 'abuse' is or in fact isn't.

Nyeriah

#62 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Dec 2014 21:51

Are you telling me that after 6 months of RS being open NONE knew there was a bug being abused? Players themselves said it was a bug that was always there and happened since ever and they just didn't report so.

Why are you still coming up with this AFTER I already fixed it?

Sagiri
Donor

#63 » Post by Sagiri » 31 Dec 2014 04:18

Nyeriah wrote:Are you telling me that after 6 months of RS being open NONE knew there was a bug being abused?
To be honest, yeah. Well, not `no one`, but there are people like that. Been in RS many times, I`m also lurking around forums when I only have some free time, reading lots of stuff, not only fun threads as someone would suppose... But I have no idea about what bug are we talking about, and abusing what in particular. No slightest clue. I`m just a casual player, I log, join raid, do my job, log off... I wonder what I have been abusing all that time without noticing and without seeing anyone talking about it in raid or guild past 6 months. I can only apologize for that, and I really mean it. If I knew, I would stop, since I don`t like exploiting stuff on purpose and gaining unfair advantage.

But Fretykso has the point - how players are supposed to know something is not working as it should? Or that they are doing something wrong? I`ve never played retail/other servers/expansions. I have no comparison. I barely have time to play, so when I do, I don`t really spend that time on searching web to compare if every stuff I encounter here is exactly the same as on retail. Well, it won`t be. But where is the line between not being exactly same because of us not being retail and something being just bugged? And how are we supposed to judge the difference without the knowledge needed? While watching videos to get ideas of tactics I am able to spot some differences if they occure, but only the big and obvious ones... As for the specific, technical stuff, I am green... And I think it`s accurate to say at least half of the server is like me. I believe more than a half actually...
` I'm taking it slow, feeding my flame.
Shuffling the cards of your game...
And just in time and in the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace.`

Nyeriah

#64 » Post by Nyeriah » 31 Dec 2014 04:37

The "material" Halion wouldn't heal if you moved him 5 yards away from the Twilight Halion inside the portal.

In other words, you could wipe inside or simply not have anyone in there at phase 3 as it was a free kill.

This is a basic encounter mechanic.

I'm not blaming anything entirely on players. It was Luster who started pointing fingers and encouraging people to abuse things.

However, it's not possible to neglect the fact that players knew about this and even so didn't say anything about that. After all, it's a basic boss mechanic.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#65 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 31 Dec 2014 04:47

well in the raids where I was present, we never encountered this problem... however I did understand that guildies were part of many who discovered it and abused it in that 10hc?

now I want to appologise for what they did, but I personally didn't know about this bug... and given the hate and rivalry among the major guilds on the server, if people knew about it, someone would've talked and claim that we are abusing it, as we are accused of abusing everything on countless occasions.

either way, I am happy to hear the bug is no longer present
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Nyeriah

#66 » Post by Nyeriah » 31 Dec 2014 06:16

Glad everyone's happy and we can hopefully move on... :D

Gadoschi
Donor

#67 » Post by Gadoschi » 24 Aug 2016 18:13

Hi.

Can I get a confirmation that Baltharus the Warborn's debuff stacking ability (Enervating Brand) is working properly?

Even when we tried spreading, the stacks grew way too quickly, it almost felt like it grew every 1 second, and that every person that initially gave a stack because they were in range of the primarily targetted player would themselves stack from players around them, which shouldn't happen.

Could You, please, check the stack application and tick intervals on the ability.

Thanks
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

mcheka

#68 » Post by mcheka » 25 Aug 2016 01:03

Many people have also long suspected that the boss stacks too quickly in one way or another, but I guess like myself, people didn't look into the specifics and report it just because it's a random miniboss.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

devil5000

#69 » Post by devil5000 » 25 Aug 2016 06:11

Somehow Baltharus on Normal is harder to kill then the Heroic version it.Maybe somehow the scripts got mixed up or something is rly bugged on normal script bcs it seems he his harder in normal then in hc.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

Gadoschi
Donor

#70 » Post by Gadoschi » 22 Feb 2017 12:18

devil5000 wrote:Somehow Baltharus on Normal is harder to kill then the Heroic version it.Maybe somehow the scripts got mixed up or something is rly bugged on normal script bcs it seems he his harder in normal then in hc.
This is because in Normal mode your raid consists of various gear and skill levels, whereas in Heroic mode the average gear and skill level is much higher, damage is higher, healers and tanks are better geared.

Since boss' abilities do not difer in 25N and 25HC modes, this will, by rerum natura, mean that the boss will be more easily killed in Heroic mode.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm