Donations temporarily disabled

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Heihachi
Developer

Re: Donations temporarily disabled

#61 » Post by Heihachi » 09 Jul 2014 10:12

jinzo25 wrote:hey guys! I'm pretty new here and I don't know if it has already been suggested, but what about considering Bitcoin and/or other cryptocurrencies for donations? :)
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 30#p135720
Heihachi wrote:
silidons wrote:You guys really should set up BitCoin payments...it's very easy to set up and it's very easy for people to buy them. I would have donated if you had this, because I am not going to using Skrill.
I was going to add this but no one supported it so wasn't added

If people want to support it i can easily add CoinBase API Support or one that is better/more reliable. This also counts if roel wants to support it as well

shaun03

#62 » Post by shaun03 » 09 Jul 2014 13:52

Well I support anything that will resemble some form of reliable donations system. Like many others, I'm unwilling to use skrill, due to knowing people that have had bad experiences with it. The sooner, the better.

So, +1 to getting Heihachi's idea. Can we not bring this to the server population's attention or something?
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

jinzo25

#63 » Post by jinzo25 » 09 Jul 2014 21:16

you should take a look at bitpay.com, it is by far the most popular service to accept bitcoin payments, and it should be pretty easy to integrate into the website, it lets you immediately convert the payment into dollars/fiat currency, even though I would recommend keeping bitcoins for at least a couple of years from now, but that's just my humble opinion ^_^

Heihachi
Developer

#64 » Post by Heihachi » 09 Jul 2014 22:54

jinzo25 wrote:you should take a look at bitpay.com, it is by far the most popular service to accept bitcoin payments, and it should be pretty easy to integrate into the website, it lets you immediately convert the payment into dollars/fiat currency, even though I would recommend keeping bitcoins for at least a couple of years from now, but that's just my humble opinion ^_^
going to look into bitpay (never used it before) and see how easy it is and such then wait for Roel's response.

r3p3ar69

#65 » Post by r3p3ar69 » 09 Jul 2014 23:59

big problem with bitcoin right now is it isn't an accept currency in most countries yet and isn't backed by anything. bit coins are simply 1's and 0's with nothing tangible linked to them. Easy way to think of them is a form of stock that are purchased using actually currency.
Level 80's
Rhaza
Maz
Judgemental
Azurik
Zakafein
Damara

Heihachi
Developer

#66 » Post by Heihachi » 10 Jul 2014 04:35

jinzo25 wrote:you should take a look at bitpay.com, it is by far the most popular service to accept bitcoin payments, and it should be pretty easy to integrate into the website, it lets you immediately convert the payment into dollars/fiat currency, even though I would recommend keeping bitcoins for at least a couple of years from now, but that's just my humble opinion ^_^
Actually been playing with it quite a bit having a test version of it up but still have alot to do to it to make it usable (and so far you can only get $100 a day which may be a problem.)

Check it out here

jinzo25

#67 » Post by jinzo25 » 10 Jul 2014 22:04

hmmm tells me I need to log in and my credentials don't work :/

edit: tried to register to the test forum but there is no confirmation/captcha code displayed where required in the registration form :roll:

Roel
Founder

#68 » Post by Roel » 10 Jul 2014 22:17

Apparently it only works with TW accounts older than 3 months.

Anyway I have created an account with Bitpay but I don't really understand much of it yet. It looks like it would need to be implemented at the website before it can be used for donations.

Heihachi
Developer

#69 » Post by Heihachi » 11 Jul 2014 06:03

Roel wrote:Apparently it only works with TW accounts older than 3 months.

Anyway I have created an account with Bitpay but I don't really understand much of it yet. It looks like it would need to be implemented at the website before it can be used for donations.
Yea I am slowly adding it into the site on my dev site. I have to do a few workarounds to make it work correctly but when im done it should be usable.

shaun03

#70 » Post by shaun03 » 11 Jul 2014 12:12

Thanks Roel and Heihachi. Great, I can't wait.
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

jinzo25

#71 » Post by jinzo25 » 11 Jul 2014 18:35

alright, I see! by the way thanks for the effort, if you succeed in making it work it will definitely be a great plus for both you and the player base, I suggest you even publicly advertise it, bitcoin is getting pretty huge and being the first wow server to accept it (I think you would be, but not sure) would be an amazing advertising for you!

Heihachi
Developer

#72 » Post by Heihachi » 12 Jul 2014 05:19

jinzo25 wrote:alright, I see! by the way thanks for the effort, if you succeed in making it work it will definitely be a great plus for both you and the player base, I suggest you even publicly advertise it, bitcoin is getting pretty huge and being the first wow server to accept it (I think you would be, but not sure) would be an amazing advertising for you!
I havent heard of anyone else using bitcoin so idk :) but i added the code to the site to atleast set if bitpay will be enabled or not. One thing I am going to do is output the invoice on a page and you confirm that way (idk if i will do bitpay hosted transactions but may come later).

GuidoSalducci

#73 » Post by GuidoSalducci » 22 Jul 2014 18:34

has paypal completely cut you off? The reason I ask is because apparently I can buy heihachi a beer through paypal.

Teal Deer

#74 » Post by Teal Deer » 22 Jul 2014 18:51

hachi is trying to found his resarch regarding a ballemer's peak.
tho server might [or might not] profit from those research its not considered donation as far as i know.

Heihachi
Developer

#75 » Post by Heihachi » 22 Jul 2014 21:55

GuidoSalducci wrote:has paypal completely cut you off? The reason I ask is because apparently I can buy heihachi a beer through paypal.
PayPal has completely cut roels account off if you try to send him a donation it won't let you saying that he is unable to accept money
Teal Deer wrote:hachi is trying to found his resarch regarding a ballemer's peak.
tho server might [or might not] profit from those research its not considered donation as far as i know.
I am taking this as im funding research. The weird thing is when i get a certain level of drunk I just want to code and code quite good. I usually just buy some stuff after work and work on transfers though now I can work on the core :) Also working on integrating some other options to donate on the site but they are at a stand still until i can think of how to do it correctly.