New website

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
emsy
Former Staff

Re: New website

#91 » Post by emsy » 02 Jan 2014 17:06

Jarmen wrote:I wonder, will achievment points be fixed on TW Achi Ladder? Coz on GC Achievment ladder was showing the exact amount of points a character has and TW ladder is showing 85 points more to ppl who r in that exact list.
If this could get fixed would be great :)
fixed

emsy
Former Staff

#92 » Post by emsy » 02 Jan 2014 23:26

Blacklustersoldier wrote:hmm I see, well it worked for me on the first 3 votes, then it stoped working and didn't manage to get it to work at all... I had to unlink the first account to be able to vote on the 2nd one, oh well, maybe some browser error on my side

I even refreshed the page 3 times making sure I was on the 2nd account before voting, but still it didn;t award for me
added a "Select" submit button next to the select box in case automatic selection doesn't work

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#93 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 03 Jan 2014 10:16

emsy wrote:
Blacklustersoldier wrote:hmm I see, well it worked for me on the first 3 votes, then it stoped working and didn't manage to get it to work at all... I had to unlink the first account to be able to vote on the 2nd one, oh well, maybe some browser error on my side

I even refreshed the page 3 times making sure I was on the 2nd account before voting, but still it didn;t award for me
added a "Select" submit button next to the select box in case automatic selection doesn't work
This indeed has fixed my issue, thank you for adding the select feature. :D
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

imankazemi

#94 » Post by imankazemi » 06 Jan 2014 22:08

don`t we get extra VPs like b4?:O:( :cry:

Misanthrop

#95 » Post by Misanthrop » 09 Jan 2014 18:25

Blacklustersoldier wrote:when voting for gtop 100, I get the points normaly, HOWEVER the points are always given and chosen by default to be given to the first account. I just tested this, and Gtop100 wouldn't give me point for my 2nd linked account or 3rd or 4th, it would only give to the first linked account
I also have encountered this on all sites with exception of those sites with (*) that doesn't require to click on banners. I use Firefox and the way i vote is http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6711. I can vote with my first account on the list without any problem but when i try to vote any accounts but the first i don't get any vote points unless i vote on those site with (*).

I tried "select" button and waited for refreshing page then vote but didn't help at all. Clicking banner and after being directed to http://www.truewow.org/vote then it just selects the first account automaticaly and doesn't award any vote point on other accounts. I don't know if i am the only one encountering this.

emsy
Former Staff

#96 » Post by emsy » 09 Jan 2014 18:53

Misanthrop wrote:
Blacklustersoldier wrote:when voting for gtop 100, I get the points normaly, HOWEVER the points are always given and chosen by default to be given to the first account. I just tested this, and Gtop100 wouldn't give me point for my 2nd linked account or 3rd or 4th, it would only give to the first linked account
I also have encountered this on all sites with exception of those sites with (*) that doesn't require to click on banners. I use Firefox and the way i vote is http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6711. I can vote with my first account on the list without any problem but when i try to vote any accounts but the first i don't get any vote points unless i vote on those site with (*).

I tried "select" button and waited for refreshing page then vote but didn't help at all. Clicking banner and after being directed to http://www.truewow.org/vote then it just selects the first account automaticaly and doesn't award any vote point on other accounts. I don't know if i am the only one encountering this.
Really can't reproduce this error. What account are you trying to vote to?

Misanthrop

#97 » Post by Misanthrop » 09 Jan 2014 21:08

The account is "quassimodo" that i am trying to vote on, but it doesn't matter which account i select, it doesn't give vote point nor the vote box disapper except in these two cases :
1-) If i try to vote on the first account on the list
2-) If i vote on those 4 sites that don't require to click banner.
Well i don't really need vote points on these accounts that i am having troubles for voting, just reporting errors.

emsy
Former Staff

#98 » Post by emsy » 10 Jan 2014 17:52

Misanthrop wrote:The account is "quassimodo" that i am trying to vote on, but it doesn't matter which account i select, it doesn't give vote point nor the vote box disapper except in these two cases :
1-) If i try to vote on the first account on the list
2-) If i vote on those 4 sites that don't require to click banner.
Well i don't really need vote points on these accounts that i am having troubles for voting, just reporting errors.
Well i can see there's been 1 vote from 7th voting site today morning around 10 for account quassimodo, but then u didn't click on the truewow banner on the votesite (the one in the servers list where you are redirected after voting), so it didn't give you a point of course. Same goes for the 1st vote site from few days ago.

Misanthrop

#99 » Post by Misanthrop » 10 Jan 2014 19:33

Yes i voted today in the morning several times on the account (quassimodo), managed to get like 10-12 vote points by changing ip but only on these sites that doesn't require to click the banner. I have no idea how i got 1 point from the 7th site, but this is the problem:
emsy wrote: but then u didn't click on the truewow banner on the votesite (the one in the servers list where you are redirected after voting), so it didn't give you a point of course. Same goes for the 1st vote site from few days ago.

I actually clicked the banners, but it redirects me to Truewow vote page, and it automatically selects the first account, when i select "quassimodo" the vote box is still there as i didn't click the banner.

emsy
Former Staff

#100 » Post by emsy » 10 Jan 2014 22:01

Misanthrop wrote:Yes i voted today in the morning several times on the account (quassimodo), managed to get like 10-12 vote points by changing ip but only on these sites that doesn't require to click the banner. I have no idea how i got 1 point from the 7th site, but this is the problem:
emsy wrote: but then u didn't click on the truewow banner on the votesite (the one in the servers list where you are redirected after voting), so it didn't give you a point of course. Same goes for the 1st vote site from few days ago.

I actually clicked the banners, but it redirects me to Truewow vote page, and it automatically selects the first account, when i select "quassimodo" the vote box is still there as i didn't click the banner.
Well now i see u've successfully voted on votesite 7, and tried to vote on site 3 but didn't click the banner again. Also i don't know what the hell you are doign but your IP changes very wildly. Only for today there's 8 IPs.

The "cooldown" on right is always ridden by IP. If you change your IP, the cooldowns disappear, but your accumulated vote points for today stay.

Also you need to click on the banner and return to the truewow site with the same IP u've left it with. I don't know what's behind your volatile IPs (probably some anonymizer), but you should limit that when voting.

Misanthrop

#101 » Post by Misanthrop » 12 Jan 2014 12:34

I have voted succesfully on the account (quassimodo) on google chrome with no problem, seems the problem is due to my web browser choice.

I think the problem that incurs with Firefox is this:
emsy wrote: ...return to the truewow site with the same IP u've left it with. I don't know what's behind your volatile IPs (probably some anonymizer), but you should limit that when voting.

Yes i use anonymox on firefox, yet i can vote on my first account without problem (except annoying captchas), but on quassimodo. I am not going to vote on firefox on that account, so problem is solved.
emsy wrote:Well now i see u've successfully voted on votesite 7, and tried to vote on site 3 but didn't click the banner again. Also i don't know what the hell you are doign but your IP changes very wildly. Only for today there's 8 IPs.
The reason behind this is i use 4 different internet services due to my mobility. But the last 2-3 days i tried anonymox on firefox.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#102 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 20 Jan 2014 21:46

okay I was wondering if it's possible to add a new column to the voting page, next to the voting buttons, and in each square to display the current position of the server on those websites, it would be easier to track positions that way... it sounds kinda dificult to do from where I am standing and I got no idea how to create websites... and stuff, but just throwing this idea out there... maybe it can be done.
RETIRED
Contact info:
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

emsy
Former Staff

#103 » Post by emsy » 20 Jan 2014 21:52

Blacklustersoldier wrote:okay I was wondering if it's possible to add a new column to the voting page, next to the voting buttons, and in each square to display the current position of the server on those websites, it would be easier to track positions that way... it sounds kinda dificult to do from where I am standing and I got no idea how to create websites... and stuff, but just throwing this idea out there... maybe it can be done.
it is possible but only a position from last hour or so. having most current would slow the voting site drastically, as it would need to query all the 10 sites and in some way extract the positions from there every time u refresh the page...

i'll put it on my todo list as lowprio

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#104 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 20 Jan 2014 21:58

once every hour it;s nice, but you could make it refresh even slower than that... for example... make it refresh once a day... like one hour before before server time midnight
IF it's possible
RETIRED
Contact info:
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Nyeriah

#105 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Jan 2014 21:59

Daily would be good enough, yes. Sounds like a nice idea.