AHbot rework to boost economy

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Roel
Founder

AHbot rework to boost economy

#1 » Post by Roel » 05 May 2022 18:06

Since the introduction of the Auction House bot it has been a love–hate relationship. It has its benefits since we are not a high population server but items had to be expensive and it didn't help sellers, until now.
But isn't that looking for problems? A lot of thought went into it so the new bot is on a completely different level. It buys, it sells, it changes prices, it changes number of auctions per item and it changes how many of those auctions are done in stacks. It's adapting almost like a real person to the supply and demand from the players.
Right now prices are volatile with a wide gap between buy and sell prices. The more an item gets traded, the more stable it will get as the bot learns the correct market price from the players. You're encouraged to sell all your items to the AH since bot currently pays more than vendors, but watch out as prices can fall below. The number of trades will teach the bot so it can only become better over time.
Instructions: The bot will only bid, never buyout so you need to wait at least 12 hours to get the gold. To get started your bid price needs to be low enough, it doesn't matter besides that as it's up to the bot how much you get. Buyout can be left empty or high enough so it doesn't limit you. And one more hint, sell in full stacks for maximum profit. This will also cause the bot to sell more stacks in the future.
You can browse the auction house through our armory: https://truewow.org/armory/auctionhouse.php

Gr00vest
Donor

Re: AHbot rework to boost economy

#2 » Post by Gr00vest » 05 May 2022 22:44

Roel wrote:
05 May 2022 18:06
The bot will only bid, never buyout so you need to wait at least 12 hours to get the gold. To get started your bid price needs to be low enough, it doesn't matter besides that as it's up to the bot how much you get. Buyout can be left empty or high enough so it doesn't limit you. And one more hint, sell in full stacks for maximum profit. This will also cause the bot to sell more stacks in the future.
You can browse the auction house through our armory: https://truewow.org/armory/auctionhouse.php
So basically whatever is being put up on the AH can be left with 1 copper bid and no buyout, because the bot won't go over a certain limit that's based on how popular an item is, and then you can decide if you wanna let the bot get it or cancel bid if it's too low?

Roel
Founder

#3 » Post by Roel » 05 May 2022 22:56

Gr00vest wrote:
05 May 2022 22:44
So basically whatever is being put up on the AH can be left with 1 copper bid and no buyout, because the bot won't go over a certain limit that's based on how popular an item is, and then you can decide if you wanna let the bot get it or cancel bid if it's too low?
Yes, exactly.

Earendur

#4 » Post by Earendur » 10 May 2022 21:51

Hmm, this sounds interesting. My characters will have to put more stuff up on the AH and see how it works. I was putting all of my extra blue+ items on the AH as they're usually worth a little more, but nothing was really selling very well. So this ought to be different. Thanks for the update and information.

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 13 May 2022 13:50

Due to an overabundance of 1x auctions on trade goods, AHbot will now pay less for 1x auctions unless it's an item that can't stack. For high volumes, you're encouraged to use stacks instead of dozens of separate auctions. Then buyers will have both choices depending on what they need.

theprinz2

#6 » Post by theprinz2 » 06 Jul 2022 23:59

Works well for me. Thanks for the awesome feature =)

theprinz2

#7 » Post by theprinz2 » 05 Aug 2022 20:43

I recently noticed that the Ahbot now sells stuff even below vendor prices (as in sells stuff for less than a vendor npc would give me). Is that intended?

I noticed that when selling low level recipes/pattern on the AH. Same goes for low level ingredients.

Roel
Founder

#8 » Post by Roel » 05 Aug 2022 21:12

theprinz2 wrote:
05 Aug 2022 20:43
I recently noticed that the Ahbot now sells stuff even below vendor prices (as in sells stuff for less than a vendor npc would give me). Is that intended?

I noticed that when selling low level recipes/pattern on the AH. Same goes for low level ingredients.
Intended, it just means that another player already sold them to Ahbot at that price. Their loss is your profit.

Si

#9 » Post by Si » 26 Aug 2022 13:14

I don't think the Ahbot should buy junk and items that can be purchased from the NPCs. The Ahbot is buying junk items at a significant profit over selling them to NPCs. I also did some testing and was able to buy things from NPCs and then re-sell them to the Ahbot at a profit very easily. Either that or the Ahbot does not adjust the price it pays quickly enough based on supply and previous sales, because it continues to buy NPC items at a profit through dozens of auctions, the price it pays goes down fairly slowly.

Si

#10 » Post by Si » 31 Aug 2022 17:59

In the past few days playing I've made over 8,500 gold selling mostly junk and NPC items to the auction bot with my level 20s character. I really don't think the Ahbot should buy junk and the items sold by NPCs if that can be changed or the amounts paid by the bot should be lower. It's really too easy to make gold.

Roel
Founder

#11 » Post by Roel » 01 Sep 2022 13:26

Si wrote:
26 Aug 2022 13:14
I don't think the Ahbot should buy junk and items that can be purchased from the NPCs. The Ahbot is buying junk items at a significant profit over selling them to NPCs. I also did some testing and was able to buy things from NPCs and then re-sell them to the Ahbot at a profit very easily. Either that or the Ahbot does not adjust the price it pays quickly enough based on supply and previous sales, because it continues to buy NPC items at a profit through dozens of auctions, the price it pays goes down fairly slowly.
It was expected that profits from this would have been exhausted by now but there are indeed a few items that haven't dropped in price fast enough. Though there also haven't been many other players trying to sell them like you.

I reset all junk to the same price that vendors would give. And items obtainable from vendors have been reset to the same price that vendors ask. This doesn't include items that require currency other than gold or items that have limited stock. It means some items will be too cheap now but that will better balance out over time. For example players will pay more at the AH if the vendor is in a remote area.

Thesisko

#12 » Post by Thesisko » 06 Jan 2023 00:42

For about a week now I have been posting items below AHBot prices such as

stacks of Titanium Ore
stacks of Cobalt bars
stacks of Eternal Shadow
Mekgineer's Chopper

and they are not being purchased. Is there a way to tell what the AHBot price is currently at besides looking at what he is offering?

Roel
Founder

#13 » Post by Roel » 06 Jan 2023 09:35

Thesisko wrote:
06 Jan 2023 00:42
For about a week now I have been posting items below AHBot prices such as

stacks of Titanium Ore
stacks of Cobalt bars
stacks of Eternal Shadow
Mekgineer's Chopper

and they are not being purchased. Is there a way to tell what the AHBot price is currently at besides looking at what he is offering?
Pricing it just below the other auctions may not be low enough. If you set a 1 copper bid without buyout, you will get a guaranteed bid with the current price. Then you can always cancel/repost without loss. Note that this price is only for the first auction as it drops for each auction you sell but it's also possible to test the price for multiple auctions at the same time.

Thesisko

#14 » Post by Thesisko » 06 Jan 2023 12:50

Thank you Roel! That is helpful. I will adapt this strategy.

FraiseJulia
Tester

#15 » Post by FraiseJulia » 12 Aug 2023 14:39

Hello,

I sold items, adopting a strategy based on automatic AH buy ,by setting items at 1 copper coin.
That suited me.

But today, the buyback price no longer suits me and I prefer to stop sales of these items.

Can the price of these items go up again after a certain period of inactivity ?

Thank you for answer.