Full Log: July Hotfixes

Check here often to keep up to date with in-game updates for quests, NPCs, dungeons and raids.
Nyeriah

Full Log: July Hotfixes

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 05 Aug 2015 19:36

JULY HOTFIXES
Posted below are all of the hotfixes we've applied to our server in the past month. This thread can be used for discussion.
-----
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
  • - Stealth mechanics have been vastly improved. The following stealth changes are implemented:
    * Combat no longer removes stealth, only damage does
    * Creatures will pursue a stealthed unit they cannot see if they're already in combat with them
    * When a player is ~~3 yards~~ 8% + 1.5 yards away from the usual stealth detection distance, the creature will perform the alerted effect.
    * When sitting/sleeping creatures are distracted or alerted, they will stand up
    * Idle movement creatures will return to their original (spawn) orientation after distract/alert
    * When entering combat with a distracted/alerted creature, distract state is removed
    * NPC no longer have a limit to stealth visibility (granted by stealth modifier spells/buffs)
    * If alert visibility is greater than aggro range, no alert sent
    - Lots of translations added to several text pages.
    - Lots of translations added to several quest 'Points of Interest'.
    - 'Report Spam' feature fully functional.
------------------
[hide="07.07.2015"]Image Image Image Image [/hide]

[hide="14.07.2015"]Image Image
  • - Creatures should no longer cast spells while fleeing for assistance.
    - Pathing and emotes added to several creatures in Howling Fjord.
  • Blackrock Mountain: Blackrock Depths
    • - Using Dark Keeper Nameplate will now properly spawn dwarves, the event has been scripted.
      - The Grim Guzzler fight has been scripted.
    Blackrock Mountain: Lower Blackrock Spire
    • - The Looking For Group entrance for Lower Blackrock Spire has been adjusted.
    Frozen Halls: The Forge of Souls
    • - Bronjahm's corrupted soul fragments scripted.
    Molten Core Ulduar Stratholme
    • - Dathrohan/Balnazzar have received a script update.
    The Nexus: The Nexus
Image Image Image [/hide]

[hide="21.07.2015"]Image Image Image
  • Gnomeregan Icecrown Citadel
    • - Martyr Stalker (Reputation) trigger will no longer be visible to players.
    Molten Core
    • - Ragnaros will no longer consider dead players when checking if any player is in range before casting his [Magma Blast].
      - Prevent Majordomo Executus from reseting his encounter state if it's done (should solve issues with him not spawning Ragnaros in some rare cases).
    Ulduar
    • - Add to Mimiron's Bomb Bot a missing explosion trigger spell.
      - Overload's visual will no longer attack players.
      - The Lich King at Yogg-Saron's brain room will no longer engage players.
      - Hodir's [Flash Freeze] will only target players and NPCs (no pets).
    Ruby Sanctum Scholomance
  • - Class quests at the Blood Elf starting area will be given by the proper quest givers.
Image Image Image
  • - Stealth mechanics have been vastly improved. The following stealth changes are implemented:
    * Combat no longer removes stealth, only damage does
    * Creatures will pursue a stealthed unit they cannot see if they're already in combat with them
    * When a player is ~~3 yards~~ 8% + 1.5 yards away from the usual stealth detection distance, the creature will perform the alerted effect.
    * When sitting/sleeping creatures are distracted or alerted, they will stand up
    * Idle movement creatures will return to their original (spawn) orientation after distract/alert
    * When entering combat with a distracted/alerted creature, distract state is removed
    * NPC no longer have a limit to stealth visibility (granted by stealth modifier spells/buffs)
    * If alert visibility is greater than aggro range, no alert sent
[/hide]

[hide="28.07.2015"]Image
    • - Attempt to solve the various issues with [Blink] (needs testing).
Image Image Image Image Image Image
  • - Lots of translations added to several text pages.
    - Lots of translations added to several quest 'Points of Interest'.
    - 'Report Spam' feature fully functional.
[/hide]

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: Full Log: July Hotfixes

#2 » Post by Hansrutger » 06 Aug 2015 04:19

Very well done! Love the ulduar fixes ;* !!! Keep up the good work! :D
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

kayliee

#3 » Post by kayliee » 06 Aug 2015 20:46

Can you work on Cloak of Shadows?
It only works on initial use, but dots are always applied right after when you are supposed to be immune.
Unless I'm wrong.
Hey, I heard you like the wild ones.
Check below for my new names!
Pudditat - 80 5769
Puddigoat - 80 5457
Puddipie - 805471
Kaylieeheals - 80 4772
Dorfpuddi - 805031

ItchyVortex

#4 » Post by ItchyVortex » 06 Aug 2015 20:58

The only bug i know about cos is that its causing spells to miss instead of being resisted.

Also the ghoul fix might have broken something, there was a DK with Master of Ghouls talented using a dead 1 hp pet (death animation too, but moving) in 2 bg's in a row.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Hansrutger » 07 Aug 2015 12:46

kayliee wrote:Can you work on Cloak of Shadows?
It only works on initial use, but dots are always applied right after when you are supposed to be immune.
Unless I'm wrong.
You shouldn't be immune, you should have a resistance buff of 90% chance to miss spells.

"Instantly removes all existing harmful spell effects and increases your chance to resist all spells by 90% for 5 sec. Does not remove effects that prevent you from using Cloak of Shadows."
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Floss

#6 » Post by Floss » 12 Aug 2015 19:41

Hansrutger wrote:
Unless I'm wrong.
You shouldn't be immune, you should have a resistance buff of 90% chance to miss spells.

"Instantly removes all existing harmful spell effects and increases your chance to resist all spells by 90% for 5 sec. Does not remove effects that prevent you from using Cloak of Shadows."

True but it just feels like alot less than 90% as all.
Ask any rogue.

Folkk

#7 » Post by Folkk » 17 Aug 2015 13:29

Floss wrote:
Hansrutger wrote:
Unless I'm wrong.

True but it just feels like allot less than 90% as all.
Ask any rogue.
Chains of ice gets resisted but the actual disease goes through. Plague Strike is under the physical category so it goes through cloak and the disease applies, which is nonsense but, unfortunately, blizzlike.

As for other spells, it follows the same rule as Warrior Spell reflection: If its already in air, then it goes through.

As for cloak of shadows simply not working...yea there are cases. Same as with Cheat Death not procing or not doing any damage mitigation.
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy