Core Updates - 2014.06.16

Check here often to keep up to date with in-game updates for quests, NPCs, dungeons and raids.
Element

Re: Core Updates - 2014.06.16

#31 » Post by Element » 18 Jun 2014 20:21

I really don't know who is 'fixing' things but i just wanna trow this out there.. Yesterday Lock's sucubus talent was working properly as it should, and today trying it instead of being instant it had 1.5 sec cast time while talented so.. all i can say is.. GJ GJ. keep up the good work #TW'd.
Claireholt/Warlock

keez
Donor

#32 » Post by keez » 19 Jun 2014 01:03

Element wrote:I really don't know who is 'fixing' things but i just wanna trow this out there.. Yesterday Lock's sucubus talent was working properly as it should, and today trying it instead of being instant it had 1.5 sec cast time while talented so.. all i can say is.. GJ GJ. keep up the good work #TW'd.
Oh my god really, I just tested.
This is unbelivable, warlocks just got TW'd again.
Nobody looking into pet buggs and now even this to make it worse.
GG warlocks will now disappear from pvp.

Nyeriah

#33 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Jun 2014 01:04

Oh, Jesus :(

keez
Donor

#34 » Post by keez » 19 Jun 2014 01:05

Nyeriah wrote:Oh, Jesus :(
NP, everyone will eventually do what I did.
Reroll a warrior!

mcheka

#35 » Post by mcheka » 19 Jun 2014 01:41

An *amazing* batch of changes (assuming not much else broke, of course :) ) - great job TrueWoW (and Trinity) devs. It's much appreciated.
Cocopuffs wrote:thats the problem. All you want to see fixed is shit for raids raids and more raids. And you say i dont want fixes? I do, just dont leave the important things for last, and fix buff priority for dks totems ans gbos gbok. Any smart player knows how to pick only one. Oh and dont bother cryinf about dk horn, if they know what they're doing-which i doubt lol- theyll use horn as part of rotation to feed runic. But whatever dawg.
Since you can't see the forest from the trees, maybe it would be instructive to consider that aura stacking is an important issue that affects a very large part of the player base. I may be misunderstanding what you mean by "[a] smart player know[ing] how to pick only one", but it sounds like you think that knowing how to avoid annoying server bugs that didn't exist in retail is not only okay, but the hallmark of a smart player.

Using horn as part of a rotation would actually screw raids (and potentially BGs on the occasion that a shaman with enhancing totems is around) out of 23 raid-wide str/dex because of the current incorrect stacking rules overwriting the shaman buff. Despite the changes *you* might selfishly want as they affect *you*, don't try to pass off other changes as unimportant.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Element

#36 » Post by Element » 19 Jun 2014 01:48

[/quote]
NP, everyone will eventually do what I did.
Reroll a warrior![/quote]

Well.. its sad that all classes i play have only negative bugs .. but still i not everyone likes charge>spin>win.
so shrug.
Claireholt/Warlock

Crysicle
Honorary Member

#37 » Post by Crysicle » 19 Jun 2014 01:59

Element wrote:I really don't know who is 'fixing' things but i just wanna trow this out there.. Yesterday Lock's sucubus talent was working properly as it should, and today trying it instead of being instant it had 1.5 sec cast time while talented so.. all i can say is.. GJ GJ. keep up the good work #TW'd.
https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/1543

Since the report is still open, this might have been a TW fix to begin with and a TC update dispelled the effects placed by the devs. If it is, it might be a quick fix to update it.

As for any angry comments about the update, below it a link to anyone who might want to try and learn how to code in c++. After spending a few years collaborating and providing mostly bug reports for our servers engine i learned that the amount of people whom are helping to fix stuff are in much shorter supply than the amount complaining about it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8440AA6B83
Movies you might not have seen:
Magnolia                                 Mr. Nobody                               Hunger
The Fountain                          Das Experiment                        The Man from Nowhere
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil        Die Welle                                   World's Greatest Dad
Brick                                      Das Leben der Anderen           IP Man
Remember Me                       We Need to Talk About Kevin   Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring
Felon                                     Babel                                         Dog Pound

Nyeriah

#38 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Jun 2014 02:10

Yeah, I had fixed the talent some ages ago, I'll try removing what I got there and see if it works without it, if it doesn't, well, better luck next time

Reaper4vp
Former Staff

#39 » Post by Reaper4vp » 19 Jun 2014 07:17

Cocopuffs wrote:
Eisen wrote:
Cocopuffs wrote:So
many essential fixes. As usual. Pets still broken anyway.
Someone seemingly prefers not to have any fixes :B

Tested the totem / dk horn overwriting and seems that a support-specced
enh will now be able to bring 23.25 more str and agi into raids.
\o/

thats the problem. All you want to see fixed is shit for raids raids and
more raids. And you say i dont want fixes? I do, just dont leave the
important things for last, and fix buff priority for dks totems ans gbos
gbok. Any smart player knows how to pick only one. Oh and dont bother
cryinf about dk horn, if they know what they're doing-which i doubt lol-
theyll use horn as part of rotation to feed runic. But whatever
dawg.
Feel free to bath in your ignorance out of this topic, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. As for "pvp" fixes, perhaps i should make a list containing all the spell fixes both shown in this forum section and those that were dealt with.. someplace else.

prodigy
Developer

#40 » Post by prodigy » 19 Jun 2014 07:23

Crysicle wrote:As for any angry comments about the update, below it a link to anyone who might want to try and learn how to code in c++. After spending a few years collaborating and providing mostly bug reports for our servers engine i learned that the amount of people whom are helping to fix stuff are in much shorter supply than the amount complaining about it.
At least someone understands how thing go...coming from work tired as hell..wasting 2-4h to prep and do a proper core update...stay awake till late at night to actually do it...the second morning having to get up early to go to work again being tired from wasting time for the update...

Crysicle,from the anger i felt after reading all the crap comments,you at least made my day more easier....and now looking forward to leave tonight with my fellow co-workers in our much needed team building event for the weekend....

PS:to all the morons out there...for the X'th time...most of the changes included in my core updates are from TC...so if you wanna act like an idiot,go on Trinity's irc channel,QQ there and see yourself served with a ban from their channel for being a prick...probably from me...since all the major work i do now is only as a TC dev...my days of being a TW dev came to an end after dealing with too much PEBCAC here..yes that means ungreatful morons...if you feel offended by my comments,well...probably you are one of them...

PS2: want pvp fixes? learn to code provide fixes...we DON"T HAVE PVP DEVS on TW...

gascan

#41 » Post by gascan » 19 Jun 2014 07:26

thnx for the update, but why fix chimera shot serpent ? :P ^_^

Justicelight
Donor

#42 » Post by Justicelight » 19 Jun 2014 10:25

Chimera was receiving incorrect % damage multipliers from what I understood, if I did corectly.

and thanks Prodigy for spending your time here.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Folkk

#43 » Post by Folkk » 19 Jun 2014 12:03

Folkk wrote:Great job!
Core/Spells: Fix Cheat Death formula
Could you please elaborate?
I'm still curious about this. What was wrong with it?
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Reaper4vp
Former Staff

#44 » Post by Reaper4vp » 19 Jun 2014 12:38

The formula which determines the amount of resilience needed to get to 90% cap got modified and the scaling now works properly
edit: phones suck :<
Last edited by Reaper4vp on 19 Jun 2014 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

Teal Deer

#45 » Post by Teal Deer » 19 Jun 2014 15:30

prodigy wrote:[...] to all the morons out there...for the X'th time...most of the changes included in my core updates are from TC...so if you wanna act like an idiot,go on Trinity's irc channel,QQ there and see yourself served with a ban from their channel for being a prick...probably from me...since all the major work i do now is only as a TC dev...my days of being a TW dev came to an end after dealing with too much PEBCAC here..yes that means ungreatful morons...if you feel offended by my comments,well...probably you are one of them... [...]
drink some hot milk and read that again prodigy.
by lowering your self to a morons level you became just another moron.

stop crying because your box wasnt as praised as you hoped it would be and learn to deal with 1% of the server population that cant think of anything beside themselves.