Core Updates - 2014.06.16

Check here often to keep up to date with in-game updates for quests, NPCs, dungeons and raids.
prodigy
Developer

Core Updates - 2014.06.16

#1 » Post by prodigy » 16 Jun 2014 21:03

Notable changes:
  • Core/NetworkIO: Adjust more packet throttling values
    Core/Spells: Missing target conditions for Divine Hymn/Hymn of Hope's second effect
    [TW307] - Remove custom HoR script.
    Core/PetAI: Pin should not be interrupted if the victim has a breakable aura
    Core/Spells: Break 'Fear' and similar auras on damage sharing of SPELL_AURA_SPLIT_DAMAGE_PCT
    CoreCore/NetworkIO: Fix disconnect when canceling character creation
    Core/Players: Update the player's zone and area after update the player's position server side.
    Martek the Exiled's prerequisite quests
    Core/Arena: PR/MMR rating change on leave
    - Fixes issue if player was last participant in arena match and left they would avoid rating loss
    Script/Shadowmoon Valley: Remove hack in npc_shadowmoon_tuber_node.
    Core/Spells: Implement SPELL_ATTR4_FIXED_DAMAGE
    - Spells with this attribute will ignore damage taken auras except for mechanic damage taken (trauma, etc) and will ignore resilience because the damage caused by those spells is based off another spell' damage
    Core/Auras: Update model overwriting rules for SPELL_AURA_TRANSFORM
    Core/Maps: Allow logging players to enter in instances that have an encounter in progress
    Core/WorldSession: After sudden disconnects, session should persist for a minute
    - With this change, if a player alt-f4, he'll only fade from world after a minute
    DB/Creature: Remove phaseMask hack of Shadowmoon Tuber Nodes
    Core/Spells: Corpse Explosion should not be able to pick the Ghoul out of implicit targets
    Scripts/ToCr: Bosses shouldn't despawn so quickly
    Core/Spells: Swift Retribution should be reapplied when needed to be able to gain spellmods
    Core/Spells: *Properly* solve the Disarm vs Bladestorm issue
    Core/SpellAuras: Mixology
    - Giant wall of text implements achlemy perk mixology
    Core/Players: Improve quest item adding/removal checks, solves cases where quest item removal (under specific conditions) incorrectly incompletes quests
    Scripts/Items: Imp in a Ball
    [TW307] - Core/Scripts: Should prevent Raging Spirits from engaging players inside Frostmourne
    [TW308] - Core/Scripts: Should prevent Vile Spirits from going inside Frostmourne
    [TW314] - Core/Scripts: Solve something with paletress
    [TW315] - Core/Scripts: Nullify taunts during Bone Storm
    DB/Creature: Fix Eva Sarkhoff
    [TW317] - I should probably go to bed
    Core/Spells: add missing spellradius to spell "Achievement Check" (fixes hor achievments)
    [TW319] - Should prevent Soul Shriek from being cast right as players land at platform
    Core/GOs: When unlinking Fishing Bobber from player to prevent despawning, unlink from spell as well to prevent removing unwanted auras
    Core/Spells: Anti-Magic shell should give immunity to all spells that belong to SPELL_SCHOOL_MASK_MAGIC regardless of dispel type
    Core/Spells: Implement Periodic mechanics
    - Change behaviour of single target periodic aura ticks to be more blizzlike
    - Also add some missing handling of SPELL_AURA_MOD_CREATURE_AOE_DAMAGE_AVOIDANCE
    - Fixes Deep wounds and Chimera Shot Serpent
    - Remove an ancient hack with Drain Soul, spell id 100001 can now be deleted from spell_dbc table
    - Allows Rolling dot mechanics and allows DK's to roll diseases with pestilence, see link for info:
    - http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/82 ... ed/page-88
    [TW321] - Increase the delay before Vile Spirits activate on heroic mode after harvest soul
    Core/Banks: Fix some bank exploits
    Core/Auras: Expanding functionality of SPELL_GROUP_STACK_RULE_EXCLUSIVE_SAME_EFFECT to be able to take care of aura effects inside their handlers
    - Currently handled:
    - SPELL_AURA_MOD_RESISTANCE_PCT
    - SPELL_AURA_MOD_STAT
    - SPELL_AURA_MELEE_SLOW
    - SPELL_AURA_MOD_MELEE_HASTE
    - SPELL_AURA_MOD_DAMAGE_PERCENT_DONE
    - Necessary to allow stack rules such as BoK/BoS/Bok-Drums and others to be all in a target with all of the aura effects, yet with only the 'highest' effect active
    DB/Conditions: Fix conditions for Xink gossip
    DB/GameObjects: Fixed some phasing of certain gameobjects in Northrend and DK's area
    DB/GameObjects: Fixed the phasing of the remaining flags in WinterGrasp
    DB/GameObjects: Deleted no longer needed gameobjects spawns since their phaseMask correction
    Core/Calendar: Sanitize calendar event parameters
    - Prevent events added in the past which in some conditions would cause an infinite loop in the client.
    Core/Vehicles: Fixed channeled spells being interrupted for passengers when vehicle moves
    Core/Spells: Fixed Shadowstep taking the caster out of combat while it shouldn't
    Core/Spells: Fix Cheat Death formula
    Core/Auras: Update model overwriting rules for SPELL_AURA_TRANSFORM
    Core/Maps: Allow logging players to enter in instances that have an encounter in progress
    [core/database]Repair fishing spell result fish escape
    DB/Quest: Fix Missing text for A Most Puzzling Circumstance
    DB/Creature: Trenton Lighthammer missing gossip
    Core/Spells: Change haste benefit to cast time formulas, may need further correction
    - With these changes, Paladin/Death Knight mount summons will no longer benefit from haste
    [TW324] - Core/Scripts: Should solve issues with the Lich King's Last Stand (24748)
    Core/Transports: Fixed crash happening during teleporting transports
    TW Fix achievement Shattered
    Fix Nerf Scrapbots achievement
    Scripts/Icecrown Citadel: Fixed possible crash in blood nova target selection
    Core/Vehicles: Fixed power issues
    * Regenerate powers only if vehicle has UNIT_FLAG2_REGENERATE_POWER
    * Removed old pyrite power hack
    * Apply creature_template.ManaMod to all power types
    DB/Instance: Fixed mutated abomination regenerating power clientside
    Scripts/Misc: random fixes
    Core/Ulduar: Added IsInCombat check for ulduar teleporter
    Core/Spells: Define and implement CAST_FLAG_NO_GCD
    Core/Vehicles: Define and implement VEHICLE_SEAT_FLAG_B_KEEP_PET
    Core/Spells: Skip adding CAST_FLAG_RUNE_LIST to rune spells if it's a triggered cast. Solves some of the occasional Death Knight rune visual issues
    Scripts/Gurtogg:
    * fixed bloodboil targeting
    * fel rage should only hit players
    Core/Creature: load correct vehicleid of difficulty mode npcs if set otherwise inherit from normal mode entry
    Core/Auras: Add a new stack rule to handle cases where the aura that is 'stronger' prevails (SPELL_GROUP_STACK_RULE_EXCLUSIVE_HIGHEST)
    DB/SpellGroups: Completely review of WotLK Stack Rules
    Core/Spells: Implement SPELL_ATTR7_CAN_RESTORE_SECONDARY_POWER
    - spells without this attribute will no longer energize secondary power.
    - Druids in cat form will no longer be able to replenish mana from every kind of spell
    Core/Auras: Implement stacking interaction between SPELL_AURA_MOD_TOTAL_STAT_PERCENTAGE and SPELL_GROUP_STACK_RULE_EXCLUSIVE_SAME_EFFECT. Allows BoK/BoS to stack while maintaining the strongest buff
    DB/SpellGroups: Fix Poison Stacking
Hope leechers from other servers enjoy our updates...least you could do is give proper credits...

Fastor

Re: Core Updates - 2014.06.16

#2 » Post by Fastor » 16 Jun 2014 21:18

prodigy wrote:Notable changes:

[TW317] - I should probably go to bed

After this update, you deserve it.

Just l disagreed that this one is good to insert yet:

Core/Ulduar: Added IsInCombat check for ulduar teleporter
because we are happy to use teleport to remove combat bug when ever they occur, and they still do somewhat a lot.

Amoriann
Donor

#3 » Post by Amoriann » 16 Jun 2014 21:30

Great Job :D Nice fixes specially the LKhc ones :D :D
Professional Dps.

innocentguy

#4 » Post by innocentguy » 16 Jun 2014 21:33

Thanks for the fixes =D Some very interesting ones here.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Jun 2014 21:54

About dots:

[16:47] <yesitsme> Periodics now have static crit(from caster and target auras), damage bonus from caster auras is static, damage bonus from target auras will update per tick.
[16:48] <yesitsme> Rolling a periodic (aff locks,spriests, mm hunters, dks) will recalculate the haste of the dot, recalculate flat bonuses from caster but maintain percentage bonuses from caster. Crit from both caster and target auras will be maintained.
<@Nyeriah> f.e if my sp changes in between a dot tick
[16:50] <@Nyeriah> the damage won't change?
[16:50] <@Nyeriah> only % damage auras will affect it?
[16:51] <@Nyeriah> whatever :(
[16:52] <yesitsme> nope
[16:52] <yesitsme> only auras on target will change it

Vaen

#6 » Post by Vaen » 16 Jun 2014 22:21

- Druids in cat form will no longer be able to replenish mana from every kind of spell
After this change druids in cat or bear form are not getting 8% mana back from the improved leader of the pack effect

Edit: no mana from mana pots either while in cat/bear form. Pretty much the only thing that can restore mana in cat/bear form now is Innervate.
Last edited by Vaen on 17 Jun 2014 00:29, edited 3 times in total.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

r3p3ar69

#7 » Post by r3p3ar69 » 16 Jun 2014 23:09

as a pala tank i think you fixed the most annoying bug for us gbos/gbok thank you so very much for this no more having to rebuff 50 times for gbos and gbok now ^_^.

also idk if i read it right but pala auras should auto pick the one giving greater benefit now, this is not the case. ie pala tank has devo and ret palal comes in with devo the ret pala does not benefit from the tanks devo aura. if im wron g in reading the update then i apologize for the misread.

either way keep up the good work and awesome job on the LK updates.
Level 80's
Rhaza
Maz
Judgemental
Azurik
Zakafein
Damara

keez
Donor

#8 » Post by keez » 17 Jun 2014 00:27

nice work

Dr. Who

#9 » Post by Dr. Who » 17 Jun 2014 01:02

still no true evolution on BM hunter. sad... oh well... hope after DK skills etc hunter is the next. xD hope is the last to die. =P
i still have hope to see a BM pet with his true power and "size".

any way BM hunter is lets say not as important as other classes so i understand. keep the good work. =)
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

testeromir

#10 » Post by testeromir » 17 Jun 2014 01:05

Thx for DOT fix, awesome
job!
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

Eisen
Donor

#11 » Post by Eisen » 17 Jun 2014 01:46

prodigy wrote: Core/Auras: Implement stacking interaction between SPELL_AURA_MOD_TOTAL_STAT_PERCENTAGE and SPELL_GROUP_STACK_RULE_EXCLUSIVE_SAME_EFFECT. Allows BoK/BoS to stack while maintaining the strongest buff
Does this include Shaman Strength of Earth totem and DK's HoW? Because if shamans take the talent their buff is way better... (WTB raid spots for enh)
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

Crysicle
Honorary Member

#12 » Post by Crysicle » 17 Jun 2014 01:49

Vaen wrote:
After this change druids in cat or bear form are not getting 8% mana back from the improved leader of the pack effect

Edit: no mana from mana pots either while in cat/bear form. Pretty much the only thing that can restore mana in cat/bear form now is Innervate.
Leader of the pack effect will work after the next core update.

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityC ... 13a7c4c06b
Movies you might not have seen:
Magnolia                                 Mr. Nobody                               Hunger
The Fountain                          Das Experiment                        The Man from Nowhere
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil        Die Welle                                   World's Greatest Dad
Brick                                      Das Leben der Anderen           IP Man
Remember Me                       We Need to Talk About Kevin   Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring
Felon                                     Babel                                         Dog Pound

innocentguy

#13 » Post by innocentguy » 17 Jun 2014 02:19

Okay a few things regarding pets...

Unholy DK's pet ghoul seems to be unable to regenerate energy, even after resummoning.
Also, Hunter pets are unable to gain happiness.

Can I just clarify whether Chimera Shot - Serpent should be able to crit? It isn't crit-ing now but I have no idea whether it should or should not. The damage portion seems to be fine though.

Also wondering about the below =D
Eisen wrote:
prodigy wrote: Core/Auras: Implement stacking interaction between SPELL_AURA_MOD_TOTAL_STAT_PERCENTAGE and SPELL_GROUP_STACK_RULE_EXCLUSIVE_SAME_EFFECT. Allows BoK/BoS to stack while maintaining the strongest buff
Does this include Shaman Strength of Earth totem and DK's HoW? Because if shamans take the talent their buff is way better... (WTB raid spots for enh)
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

Kniteknite

#14 » Post by Kniteknite » 17 Jun 2014 03:05

Thanks Prod~
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Jun 2014 03:09

Rumors say that every stacking rule there is at wotlk has been included, which of course, includes the shaman/dk crap