YouTube video introduction poll

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.

What video introduction should TrueWow use for your videos on our YouTube channel?

Ratamir
0
No votes
Boxis
2
100%
 
Total votes: 2

User avatar
Mmeko
Posts: 1072
Joined: 13 Sep 2010 21:24

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#46 » Post by Mmeko » 05 Feb 2013 14:19

Etro wrote: It is not an oligarchy because of that, it is an oligarchy because the minority is ruling the majority, and that is not democracy.
Image


Seriously people, stop making yourself look dumb and talk about topics that you have a decent knowledge of.
Anyone who has a character in this server has the chance to vote on these polls, just like any citizen in a democratic society has the chance to vote for its representants.
Last edited by Mmeko on 05 Feb 2013 14:21, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Arvit
Posts: 823
Joined: 18 May 2010 13:58

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#47 » Post by Arvit » 05 Feb 2013 14:21

Funnyjunk :(

Edit: ye I can see it now :D
Last edited by Arvit on 05 Feb 2013 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mmeko
Posts: 1072
Joined: 13 Sep 2010 21:24

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#48 » Post by Mmeko » 05 Feb 2013 14:22

Arvit wrote:Funnyjunk :(
D'oh!

better?

User avatar
Etro
Honorary Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 08:24
Location: Behind ccrs

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#49 » Post by Etro » 05 Feb 2013 14:28

Mmeko wrote:
Etro wrote: It is not an oligarchy because of that, it is an oligarchy because the minority is ruling the majority, and that is not democracy.
Image


Seriously people, stop making yourself look dumb and talk about topics that you have a decent knowledge of.
Anyone who has a character in this server has the chance to vote on these polls, just like any citizen in a democratic society has the chance to vote for its representants.
I'd like to point this out too. So far, i've seen that most of the active members of the forums like to mock and insult people instead of writting a proper argument and try to have a civilized discussion. This same people are deciding the fate of the rest of the server.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

User avatar
Bluebell
Former Staff
Posts: 2277
Joined: 06 Feb 2011 23:40

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#50 » Post by Bluebell » 05 Feb 2013 14:32

I'd like to point out most of my posts are coherent arguments which people resorting to insulting me instead of actually replying with counter arguments. Like you just did.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

User avatar
Etro
Honorary Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 08:24
Location: Behind ccrs

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#51 » Post by Etro » 05 Feb 2013 14:35

How did i insult you?
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

User avatar
Mmeko
Posts: 1072
Joined: 13 Sep 2010 21:24

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#52 » Post by Mmeko » 05 Feb 2013 14:36

Etro wrote: I'd like to point this out too. So far, i've seen that most of the active members of the forums like to mock and insult people instead of writting a proper argument and try to have a civilized discussion. This same people are deciding the fate of the rest of the server.
Err… Fate of the server =/= Youtube video introduction

But you're partly right, I hardly even play on Truewow anymore and I only post on the forums when I spot something extremely interesting or amusing (eg. people stating that Truewow is an oligarchy).

User avatar
Bluebell
Former Staff
Posts: 2277
Joined: 06 Feb 2011 23:40

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#53 » Post by Bluebell » 05 Feb 2013 14:37

Etro wrote:[So far, i've seen that most of the active members of the forums like to mock and insult people instead of writting a proper argument and try to have a civilized discussion.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

User avatar
Etro
Honorary Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 08:24
Location: Behind ccrs

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#54 » Post by Etro » 05 Feb 2013 14:41

Mmeko wrote:
Etro wrote: I'd like to point this out too. So far, i've seen that most of the active members of the forums like to mock and insult people instead of writting a proper argument and try to have a civilized discussion. This same people are deciding the fate of the rest of the server.
Err… Fate of the server =/= Youtube video introduction

But you're partly right, I hardly even play on Truewow anymore and I only post on the forums when I spot something extremely interesting or amusing (eg. people stating that Truewow is an oligarchy).
The subject is not exclusive to this thread, but to every important decisions made with polls.
Bluebell wrote:
Etro wrote:[So far, i've seen that most of the active members of the forums like to mock and insult people instead of writting a proper argument and try to have a civilized discussion.
That wasn't directly at you. But still, you called me stupid and really stupid before giving any argument.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

User avatar
Bluebell
Former Staff
Posts: 2277
Joined: 06 Feb 2011 23:40

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#55 » Post by Bluebell » 05 Feb 2013 14:42

because I didn't want to go through 2 pages of posts to show why you were stupid

And I said you people, not you directly...zzz
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

User avatar
Kindzadza
Former Staff
Posts: 4673
Joined: 25 Nov 2010 20:29
Location: Ministry of Psychedelics

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#56 » Post by Kindzadza » 05 Feb 2013 14:43

The reason we chose to pick the best intro with a poll where the active (forum) community votes is because you represent the future players.As a target audiance,you should choose the best video intro and not a staff team of 10 players. ;)

Now stay on topic or don't post here at all...

User avatar
ribbaribbahey
Posts: 701
Joined: 14 Feb 2011 17:21

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#57 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 05 Feb 2013 14:46

Etro wrote: It is not an oligarchy because of that, it is an oligarchy because the minority is ruling the majority, and that is not democracy.
Wrong. An oligarchy is a CLOSE, limited number of persons who rule the others. The forums are OPEN to everyone, even the people that doesnt have a char on TW can make an account and vote for it (for this topic wouldnt be bad at all, would make more precise the statistics ).

We dont rule anything, we express our opinion and vote for it, as everyone else is capable of. The fact that others dont vote while having the possibility to do it makes them sloth, absolutely not ruled by a little group that doesn't let them decide. If you are worried about the limited number of voters go spam some macros in /world and make people see those videos and vote for the one they like most, I'd appreciate that. Be coerent with what you say and inform people that doesnt care about TW's management about this.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

User avatar
Mmeko
Posts: 1072
Joined: 13 Sep 2010 21:24

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#58 » Post by Mmeko » 05 Feb 2013 14:49

What Ribbaribabaheyebhay said ^
and
Kindzadza wrote:Now stay on topic or don't post here at all...
then i'm outta here :3 (anyway if anyone cares I voted for Boxis' cuz its cool)

User avatar
Etro
Honorary Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 08:24
Location: Behind ccrs

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#59 » Post by Etro » 05 Feb 2013 14:51

Bluebell wrote:because I didn't want to go through 2 pages of posts to show why you were stupid

And I said you people, not you directly...zzz
You've proven your character. I guess i can expect with whom i can't have a civilized discussion around here.
ribbaribbahey wrote:
Etro wrote: It is not an oligarchy because of that, it is an oligarchy because the minority is ruling the majority, and that is not democracy.
Wrong. An oligarchy is a CLOSE, limited number of persons who rule the others. The forums are OPEN to everyone, even the people that doesnt have a char on TW can make an account and vote for it (for this topic wouldnt be bad at all, would make more precise the statistics ).

We dont rule anything, we express our opinion and vote for it, as everyone else is capable of. The fact that others dont vote while having the possibility to do it makes them sloth, absolutely not ruled by a little group that doesn't let them decide. If you are worried about the limited number of voters go spam some macros in /world and make people see those videos and vote for the one they like most, I'd appreciate that. Be coerent with what you say and inform people that doesnt care about TW's management about this.
Kindzada said to stay on topic, and ince you were the only one to not insult or mock me i'll continue this discussion with you via PMs, if you'd like.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

User avatar
Myaoming
Former Staff
Posts: 2803
Joined: 05 Mar 2011 14:13
Location: Lacking patriotism.

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#60 » Post by Myaoming » 05 Feb 2013 16:13

I just changed my vote and voted for Intervention, because I'm really lost and don't really know who to vote for :lol:
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests