YouTube video introduction poll

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.

What video introduction should TrueWow use for your videos on our YouTube channel?

Ratamir
No votes
Boxis
100%

Total votes: 2

Zaakira

Re: YouTube video introduction poll

#31 » Post by Zaakira » 30 Jan 2013 18:50

i voted for Boxis .... why? makes me horny.
Im not totally useless.
I can be used as a bad example.

Si

#32 » Post by Si » 04 Feb 2013 05:51

Unbiased opinion (I don't know any of these guys);

The Ratamir and Palcemvglaz videos are by far the best two, and will be the most appealing to prospective players. The other two don't even compete. While the Ratamir video is much better with the titles and sound, the Palcemvglaz overall wins in appearance and ability to interest and attract players. Visuals are very important in a video, obviously.

An even better video would be a combination of Ratamir and Palcemvglaz. Use the attractive visuals from palcemvglaz and the great titles and sound from Ratamir. And reduce the length.

Those voting for Boxis probably appreciate the effort that went into making the graphics and video, but overall it doesn't come close to the visual appeal of the Ratamir and Palcemvglaz videos.

The Intervention video is by far the worst; very cheap and amateurish.

But, why let democracy decide? Look at the quality of politicians that democracy results in. The owner should select the best video for his intended mission, which is probably to attract new players. If that is the mission, then the most visually appealing video will be most effective.

Intervention
Former Staff

#33 » Post by Intervention » 04 Feb 2013 06:45

The Intervention video is by far the worst; very cheap and amateurish.

MEGA ULTRA FACEPALM
Intervention wrote:10 man ony was just an example of a video title. The others are worth the comment because these people put some effort in...
Intervention wrote:I didn't really mean mine to be an entry, just an example :) oh well whatever lol.. Vote for mine! Even though it doesn't have half the effort of the others.
Intervention wrote:Ony 10 man was where each video title would go. It was an example for others to follow so their intros wouldn't be weird and not truewow like. Why don't people get that? My dog understands it...
Myaoming wrote:He said his vid was just an example... :P
It shouldn't be in the list.

And just an additional comment, some of the most remembered and influential logos are those that are most simplistic. Adding 50,000 explosions doesn't help your cause for the most part. :roll:
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

ribbaribbahey

#34 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 04 Feb 2013 19:05

Si wrote: Those voting for Boxis probably appreciate the effort that went into making the graphics and video
No.
We like the professionality it tastes and because looks like we have a well known logo (yes we are only pretending it's well known,but noone needs to know it)
Si wrote: But, why let democracy decide?
ANARCHY!!!!!11!11!one!1one
No wait wrong random insurrectionist call.
DICTATORSHIP!!!!!11!1!

Srsly that's the dumb thing that made my day. If you wish to make it good for the major part of the watchers what do u do? OFCOURSE LET ONE DECIDE!
Gratz.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Si

#35 » Post by Si » 05 Feb 2013 06:18

The Boxis video and logo is original, but unfortunately, very drab and dull.

And, democracy is a dictatorship, normally it's the dictatorship of the majority over the minority. But In this case, it's the dictatorship of the very few forum participants, or poll voters, over everyone else, so it really is more like a plain dictatorship or oligarchy.

However, this website and server is not a democracy anyway, it's the private efforts of the few. And therefore those few should decide what will best suit the purpose, not a few forum posters, some of which are clearly challenged with even typing a sentence.

Intervention
Former Staff

#36 » Post by Intervention » 05 Feb 2013 07:35

Or challenged reading previous posts :)

Not sure why you guys are talking about politics on this poll lol....
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Etro
Honorary Member

#37 » Post by Etro » 05 Feb 2013 07:54

Then you failed at that challenge.

I actually agree with Si regarding these polls.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Bluebell
Former Staff

#38 » Post by Bluebell » 05 Feb 2013 08:23

Can you people stop being stupid and either discuss the quality of the videos or let others post their views?
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Etro
Honorary Member

#39 » Post by Etro » 05 Feb 2013 08:47

Stupid is to insult someone when trying to straighten things up.

It doesn't really matter what is discussed here. These polls only care about votes, not arguments.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

ribbaribbahey

#40 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 05 Feb 2013 11:44

In Si's arguments i only see the desperate will to make his choice prevale no matters what the other people thinks. If i am wrong i'm sorry,but that's the only feeling i get reading that post. I've wanted to be silly to make the discussion less heavy, but seems that people can't really get that. Maybe i should add some more haughty, aggressive ignorance to my posts so maybe people will take it for absolute truth, for what i see it works here.

You all aren't in posses of any absolute truth, i want you to remember that.

What we want to do is to make that intro the best for the most part of the watchers. We may not be an huge group of voters but the poll is open to whoever wants to vote for it and THAT makes it a democratic decision. You should study again the meaning of dictatorship and oligarchy. A sample of 100 voters with nothing in common (=no prevalent choice's orientation) is a good simulation of what we would get as viewers. I shall remember you that everything u wrote are your toughts about the videos, so please to add "i think-" to your phrases.

Yes, the server is private and Roel does whatever he wants (and i suffered for it in 1st person whit a censore hammer) but his aim is to get people and he does it by letting us having fun and deciding how the server could be better, always remaining blizzlike.

In a first place i vote for Raata's but the 3rd time i saw it i got bored of it, meanwhile the boxi's one isnt intrusive at all to me. That's why i changed my mind.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Etro
Honorary Member

#41 » Post by Etro » 05 Feb 2013 13:08

ribbaribbahey wrote:You all aren't in posses of any absolute truth, i want you to remember that.
Truth and logic aren't inherently linked. Truth can't argumented, it just is. Logic can be argumented, which is what we are doing now.
ribbaribbahey wrote:What we want to do is to make that intro the best for the most part of the watchers. We may not be an huge group of voters but the poll is open to whoever wants to vote for it and THAT makes it a democratic decision.You should study again the meaning of dictatorship and oligarchy. A sample of 100 voters with nothing in common (=no prevalent choice's orientation) is a good simulation of what we would get as viewers.
From the forum point of view, sure (majority rules minority, checked). But from the server's point of view, no. And since the forums are not the server's majority, it is not a democracy. It is an oligarchy because it is the other way around.
ribbaribbahey wrote: I shall remember you that everything u wrote are your toughts about the videos, so please to add "i think-" to your phrases.
It is obvious that when talking about preferences it is an opinion. Adding "I think" is unnecessary if the receptor knows what an opinion is.
ribbaribbahey wrote:Yes, the server is private and Roel does whatever he wants (and i suffered for it in 1st person whit a censore hammer) but his aim is to get people and he does it by letting us having fun and deciding how the server could be better, always remaining blizzlike.
If he is doing it on purpose i don't think he is really aiming at the right target. He should aim to the biggest target, not the smallest.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#42 » Post by Bluebell » 05 Feb 2013 13:46

You really are stupid. Lol. It's not an oligarchy because the people who want to vote do so, and the ones who don't are apathetic. That's democracy, you either vote or your thoughts aren't taken into consideration. It's like saying there is no democracy in a government election, because the oligarchy are the people voting and they ignore those that don't vote.

Arvit

#43 » Post by Arvit » 05 Feb 2013 13:48

Damnit Bluebell that's what I wanted to say, sort of but shorter ofc :(

Etro
Honorary Member

#44 » Post by Etro » 05 Feb 2013 14:13

Bluebell wrote:You really are stupid.
You seem to have no manners or decency in a discussion.
Bluebell wrote:It's not an oligarchy because the people who want to vote do so, and the ones who don't are apathetic. That's democracy, you either vote or your thoughts aren't taken into consideration.
It is not an oligarchy because of that, it is an oligarchy because the minority is ruling the majority, and that is not democracy.
Bluebell wrote:It's like saying there is no democracy in a government election, because the oligarchy are the people voting and they ignore those that don't vote.
A government election is democratic, yes, but not the government itself since the people don't get to choose what the government ends up doing or not. The server didn't choose the owner and the staff members. So your analogy doesn't apply here.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#45 » Post by Bluebell » 05 Feb 2013 14:15

Then it's a referendum. Geez.