TrueWoW YouTube Introduction Competition

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Etro
Honorary Member

Re: TrueWoW YouTube Introduction Competition

#46 » Post by Etro » 27 Dec 2012 16:41

This one has a different color setup and less ice in the WotLK logo.

"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Cover25

#47 » Post by Cover25 » 27 Dec 2012 16:56

I love it.

Intervention
Former Staff

#48 » Post by Intervention » 28 Dec 2012 02:09

I think the first one was better for the New Years one. The TW in the one above has formed as a whole image and doesn't stand out. It's flooded by similair colours where as the other one is less transparent.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Cover25

#49 » Post by Cover25 » 28 Dec 2012 02:12

The colors clash though.

Intervention
Former Staff

#50 » Post by Intervention » 28 Dec 2012 02:15

Nehhhhhhh. We'll see. I'd like the last one if the TW was more evident and a LITTLE bit of ice to the WOTLK logo.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Etro
Honorary Member

#51 » Post by Etro » 28 Dec 2012 02:33

I didn't like the first one because it was a fail attempt to force the frosted stone-like style into a new year theme, which i believe, by their mere concepts, it's impossible to achieve. With the recent attempt, i tried to embrace a light style, which is more approriate for the new year theme. So it had to be an abstract concept for it to work with all the colours and fireworks. I faced the problem of "loudness", which too many fireworks produce. So i only used 2 fireworks in the spot-light center right behind the TW to make the noticeable but not exagerated.

I could change the colour setup to something more monochromatic and solid, and the texture of the TW with the current style. Give any ideas, if you have them, please.

I'm sorry if i'm dissapointing you, but i can't find others new year WoW emblems to get a reference from.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Boxis
Donor

#52 » Post by Boxis » 28 Dec 2012 13:09

Yebomaycu

#53 » Post by Yebomaycu » 28 Dec 2012 23:11

Intervention
Former Staff

#54 » Post by Intervention » 29 Dec 2012 05:34

Nice Boxis, but might i suggest to make it a little shorter?

Intros over 20 seconds are more of an advertisement and most intros that are actually over 20 seconds on youtube are most likely skipped.

I mean for example, you don't need the most blizzlike experience part. You can just add that under the website at the end which would cut your video down by around 10 seconds which would be perfect.

Other than that looks really nice.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Intervention
Former Staff

#55 » Post by Intervention » 29 Dec 2012 10:11

Etro, for some reason i can't set your pictures as the Facebook display picture.

I'll have to try a few things or someone else with admin permissions can try set the New Years one as the profile picture. For some reason those 2 i upload, i can't...
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Boxis
Donor

#56 » Post by Boxis » 29 Dec 2012 12:29

Etro
Honorary Member

#57 » Post by Etro » 29 Dec 2012 14:17

Intervention wrote:Etro, for some reason i can't set your pictures as the Facebook display picture.

I'll have to try a few things or someone else with admin permissions can try set the New Years one as the profile picture. For some reason those 2 i upload, i can't...
Weird, i could set them as profile pictures in my facebook. BTW, you're missing the first and standard emblem:

Also, the new year emblem you uploaded seems to be in 16 bit color. I recommend you to upload the most recent one instead, if it wasn't because you didn't like it.

Intervention
Former Staff

#58 » Post by Intervention » 29 Dec 2012 14:39

Uploaded them.

Still can't set as my profile picture. Really pissing me off.

After i select make profile picture, then crop it even though i don't want to, i select done cropping, the page reloads however it doesn't take me away from the image like it's meant to... No errors or anything come up either.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#59 » Post by Kindzadza » 29 Dec 2012 14:59

Same for me.. I had to re-upload it and change it.You wanted that one or the New Years ?

Etro
Honorary Member

#60 » Post by Etro » 29 Dec 2012 16:51

What about this one? I think i like it more than the rest. I adressed the solidness of TW and added a bit of a frosted effect to the WoW logo.

BTW, edit the miniature picure and adjust it, so the emblem be fully shown.