"Looks like Greatfather Winter had an awesome idea for this year's Feast of Winter Veil celebration. He thought of bringing his personal pet penguins to participate of his visit to the fellow people of Azeroth. What the old man didn't think of was that penguins are LIVELY creatures, not standing still or taking discipline that well for too long.
They band together and go around with their sqweek sqweek tweets, dancing and waving their flippers making them often adorable creatures. The Azerothians are often found inclined to taking them as their own pets! Would you believe that?
A group of penguins has been spotted at the Booty Bay city, they had ran astray when Greatfather Winter stopped by to feed his reindeers. Those penguins are probably hungry (penguins are often hungry, you should keep that in mind). Please, take this shipment of fish and give those penguins a good meal before they starve out. Might as well start planning on a way of bringing them back to us while you are there..."
To celebrate the Feast of Winter Veil we'll be promoting a major swim race through the coast of Stranglethorn Vale in order to rescue Greatfather Winter's penguins.
The event will consist of two stages: reaching the group of penguins that ran astray and leading them back to Patricia Nimblerocket, your Smokywood Pastures representative that will assist you through your mission.
- Swim across the coast of Stranglethorn Vale until you reach the Booty Bay city where the penguin flock is stationed at.
- Gather as many checkpoints as you can on your way to Booty Bay in order to maximize your rewards.
- Feed a hungry penguin chick and lead it back to Patricia Nimblerocket standing just outside Booty Bay city.
Who can participate?
- Any level 1 character is eligible to participate in the Race of the Penguins event. Laura Nimblerocket will be visiting every race's starting area and gathering as much help as she can to the rescue of the penguins.
- Each checkpoint will award the player 1 Participation Token.
- Rescuing a penguin chick awards you 10 Participation Points.
- The first player to rescue a penguin chick is awarded 10 bonus points.
When will the event happen?
The Race of the Penguins will have at the next weekend, 16th and 17th December at both realms, at alternating times as it follows:
5PM - TRUEWOW
3AM - PRIMALWOW
5PM - PRIMALWOW
3AM - TRUEWOW
You can only participate of the event once per realm per day, per account.
- You CAN do it on PrimalWoW and then log TrueWoW and do it there on the same day.
- You CAN run the event on PrimalWoW and then on TrueWoW on Saturday and then run them both again on Sunday.
- You CANNOT create a new character on the same account and try to participate of the event on the same realm, on the same day.
Thanks to some great goblin ingenuity, players will be making use of the super powerful, extremely wonderful, extremely fun and barely dangerous PJ-11 Alpha-Recombulator Penguinizer J.A.D MKII in order to take on a more appropriate form for their mission: the penguin form!
Being a penguin has it's perks. Players will be able to swim faster and breath underwater as long as they remain penguins, which should help them greatly as they swim across the dangerous coast of Stranglethorn Vale.
Logging off will remove your penguin form and set you back to the start of the race!
Several lost penguins will be stranded across Stranglethorn Vale's coast serving as checkpoints that lead the way to Booty Bay city. If you miss any of those checkpoints, do not worry, they are not mandatory. However, each checkpoint awards you 1 Participation Point, so you'd rather gather them all if you can.
Some checkpoints might be tricky to spot unless you swim close to the coast! But becareful... Stranglethorn Vale is a dangerous zone. Who knows what sorts of dangerous tigers, basilisks and... trolls, would you find on your journey towards your mission goals?
Woah! That was a lot of text! There are several bonus things to the Race of the Penguins that will only be revealed at a later date, but so far I am extremely happy to be able to pull this one event out and I'll be glad if y'all stopped by to participate =)
With very much love, much much much love...
Stay true, stay true!