TW Arena PvP Tournament

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
senzaki

TW Arena PvP Tournament

#1 » Post by senzaki » 31 Jan 2017 21:05

Introducing the Truewow Arena PvP Tournament.

1. Prizes.

Before we get into the rules, lets get started with the prizes :

1st place - 30 000g
2nd place - 15 000g
3rd place - 5 000g

2. Basic Rules

- The 2v2 arena team with the most games played from 1 February 2017 to 1 March 2017 wins the prize. Runners up applies the same.
- Winning or losing does not count. The amount of games played determines the winning team.
- The prize money is allocated to the team as a whole. You can have as many team members as you like but its your responsibility to split the prize money between members.
- This is for the ALLIANCE side of TW. Unfortunately no Crossfaction arena.
- Follow the Truewow Rules at all times. Players trying to game the system in any exploitable way will be punished according to the Truewow rules by truewow staff. This means that you have to actually play your games to completion and everything should be fine. Let's all play nice.

3. Possible FAQ?

Q - Why are you doing this?
A - Because I want to boost the arena queues

Q - Who's paying for this?
A - I'm paying the 50 000g total out of my own personal bank. If anyone wants to sponsor any more gold towards this pool (to make it even more enticing) can send me a PM or ingame mail to Simplicity and we can talk about it.

Q - How do we know you are going to pay up after the 30 days?
A - I'm sure we could ask a staff member to hold on to the 50k for the month of February while the tournament runs its course.

Q - This is stupid, and nobody is going to participate.
A - You didn't ask a question?

Q - I'm new to PvP or only do PvE, or don't really like the zerg of battlegrounds, should I participate in this tournament?
A - This tournament is just for you. Not only do you stand a chance of winning a sizable chunk of gold for just participating frequently, but will also be getting arena points every week, which you can use to purchase relentless gear(even weapons!)(and sexy wrathful gear if your rating rises high enough). Plus arena is really fun if you can play against a diverse group of players at different gear and skill levels. It's great!

4. Closing Statement

I'm welcoming feedback from the community for suggestions or other questions regarding this tournament. Please post them here in the forum or give me a shout or mail ingame @ Simplicity.

I hope to see you all in the Arena soon.

-Simplicity

Royo

Re: TW Arena PvP Tournament

#2 » Post by Royo » 31 Jan 2017 21:57

Sounds more like a bribe, to get people to queue and therefore be easy pickings on beating them and improve MMR. Or will this be done on Skirmish/Fun/whatever they are called games?

EDIT: Nvm, just re-read it.

Chatsnap

#3 » Post by Chatsnap » 31 Jan 2017 22:46

So Horde isn't allowed to participate, or did I misunderstand things? If that's the case, why not? Would be a shame to leave 70% of the server's players out of the event.

senzaki

#4 » Post by senzaki » 01 Feb 2017 04:08

Royo wrote:Sounds more like a bribe, to get people to queue
You are absolutely right behind the intent of this. I want to boost arena, i want to play more.

I suck as much as the next guy, but I'm never going to improve fighting double 5/5 WF plate teams with SM while me and my teammate play full relentless. We need not just more teams, but teams of different setups.

Chatsnap wrote:So Horde isn't allowed to participate, or did I misunderstand things? If that's the case, why not? Would be a shame to leave 70% of the server's players out of the event.
I might have misunderstood things, but doesn't alliance teams play alliance teams and vice-versa?

If horde can also play ally teams then they are allowed, but i'm not sending the prize money to teams that we can't even play with.

Chatsnap

#5 » Post by Chatsnap » 01 Feb 2017 18:19

Ally can play horde teams lol