3v3 Tournament? (Make PvP great again!)

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
skyx

3v3 Tournament? (Make PvP great again!)

#1 » Post by skyx » 21 Nov 2016 01:22

Leaving the trash talking and e-thugging aside...

Lets (as a community) try organise a 3v3 tournament shall we?

I was thinking
  • Format:Melee - Caster - Healer
Reason: some combos (LSD/LSP for example) are insanely OP.
Not sure what hunters should be considered as (probably melee).
  • Meta: Relentless Gear (max ilvl 245) with a ban on Death's Verdict/Choice, Solace and any other OP trinket
Reason: PvP should be about skill and not gear. Also setting the gear to around ilvl 245 would make it easy for new players to join.
  • Prizes: 1000g buy-in per person, 1st/2nd/3rd split the pot 60:30:10
Reason: Just a suggestion.

Any other suggestion is welcome.

Brennus

Re: 3v3 Tournament? (Make PvP great again!)

#2 » Post by Brennus » 21 Nov 2016 02:52

During the event, what will prevent people from queuing 3v3 with higher gear???

Still, the idea is very good. If nothing comes up at the last minute, I'm joining it.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

skyx

#3 » Post by skyx » 24 Nov 2016 17:54

Brennus wrote:During the event, what will prevent people from queuing 3v3 with higher gear???

Still, the idea is very good. If nothing comes up at the last minute, I'm joining it.
Then that would be a really scumbag move and warrants an automatic Disqualification.

Cocopuffs
Donor

#4 » Post by Cocopuffs » 25 Nov 2016 12:27

damn i wanted to e-thug, now what do i do? also i'd play, but i tossed my rele down the drain long ago, and as pve hero i dont even have gear ilvl 245, like belt wrists neck. but it's a dope idea, and balanced. also, fuck the police.

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Nov 2016 13:06

Relentless Weapons can now be purchased, so it might help out finding weapons for the event.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

skyx

#6 » Post by skyx » 01 Dec 2016 00:05

I find it hilarious that my recent suggestion gained more views in hours than this one in days.

S7 Wotlk pvp is probably the best in terms of enjoyment but it seems "balance" and "3v3" is just too much for most

players here to handle.

If a TW staff sees this thread, close it please.

Brennus

#7 » Post by Brennus » 01 Dec 2016 03:30

skyx wrote:I find it hilarious that my recent suggestion gained more views in hours than this one in days.
I find it sad :cry:.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

adiba

#8 » Post by adiba » 01 Dec 2016 05:09

skyx wrote:I find it hilarious that my recent suggestion gained more views in hours than this one in days.

S7 Wotlk pvp is probably the best in terms of enjoyment but it seems "balance" and "3v3" is just too much for most

players here to handle.

If a TW staff sees this thread, close it please.
it's not "too much to handle" for anyone but if you have seen the population lately you must have noticed TW is dead and no one cares anymore. also, 40% or less of active players actually check the forum

skyx

#9 » Post by skyx » 01 Dec 2016 18:32

I wholeheartedly disagree. Regardless of population size, it seems people here shy away from 3v3s altogether :(

And "balance" seems to be Kryptonite/ the N-word here.

Also judging by the numbers and placement of players from Omegawow on the ladder, it is somewhat lame if people are

leaving here for GD for the "PvP" but it is understandable given the 0 fks to PvP here.

r1 titles in 2s, glad mounts in shop, shoulders/t2 weapons in 2s and lets not forget all that PvE gear in 2s pretty much killed

whatever incentive for players to play 3v3s here and we are suppose to be "blizz-like"...

benzviliran

#10 » Post by benzviliran » 01 Dec 2016 20:30

skyx wrote:I wholeheartedly disagree. Regardless of population size, it seems people here shy away from 3v3s altogether :(

And "balance" seems to be Kryptonite/ the N-word here.

Also judging by the numbers and placement of players from Omegawow on the ladder, it is somewhat lame if people are

leaving here for GD for the "PvP" but it is understandable given the 0 fks to PvP here.

r1 titles in 2s, glad mounts in shop, shoulders/t2 weapons in 2s and lets not forget all that PvE gear in 2s pretty much killed

whatever incentive for players to play 3v3s here and we are suppose to be "blizz-like"...

The low population in this server cannot allow 3v3's.

i know many players including myself that would be glad to do 3v3 and 5v5 but against who? we can barely find enough people to do 2vs2.
I am the swarm

skyx

#11 » Post by skyx » 01 Dec 2016 21:45

benzviliran wrote: i know many players including myself that would be glad to do 3v3
hate to quote myself but...
also you just keybinded your first spell not so long ago and you want 3v3s with SMs+RS/ICC HC gear everywhere? You'd totally shit yourself from the pressure, no lie.

PS: I am still waiting for that ban of yours, big boy.

PPS: Even though I dislike GD, Kain has/is doing a decent job in not neglecting and at least stimulating PvP in general,

particularly 3v3s.

benzviliran

#12 » Post by benzviliran » 02 Dec 2016 00:13

skyx wrote:
benzviliran wrote: i know many players including myself that would be glad to do 3v3
hate to quote myself but...
also you keybinded your first spell not so long ago and you want 3v3s with SMs+RS/ICC HC gear everywhere? You'd totally shit yourself from the pressure, no lie.

PS: I am still waiting for that ban of yours, big boy.

PPS: Even though I dislike GD, Kain has/is doing a decent job in not neglecting and at least stimulating PvP in general,

particularly 3v3s.

hate to quote you but...
Leaving the trash talking and e-thugging aside...
i dont know why you decided to bash at me now but ill ignore that because who knows what issues you have and ill just get right back to the point:

3v3 tournament? the population we have is so small that you cannot even make a 2v2 tournament therefor the suggestion is invalid.

you will need atleast 600 players online a day and that is with struggling to have such an event.
I am the swarm

skyx

#13 » Post by skyx » 02 Dec 2016 01:02

I have to quote myself again
skyx wrote: If a TW staff sees this thread, close it please.
It is pointless to pursue in a 3v3 tournament when there is no interest, especially from "PvP"ers who are unable and unwilling to play without SM and HC PvE gear. Pretty sure there is at least 12 players on this server for just 4 teams but nada interest is nada.

also I didn't "bash" you per se; it is just truths you can't handle and admit to lol.

What happened to all that bravado you displayed when you threatened to ban me over something I didn't commit (with no evidence)? You was dropping F-bombs on me out of no where. I think the issues lies with you thinking you are a big-shot because you are higher rank in Inquisition than I am.

benzviliran

#14 » Post by benzviliran » 02 Dec 2016 11:00

skyx wrote:I have to quote myself again
skyx wrote: If a TW staff sees this thread, close it please.
It is pointless to pursue in a 3v3 tournament when there is no interest, especially from "PvP"ers who are unable and unwilling to play without SM and HC PvE gear. Pretty sure there is at least 12 players on this server for just 4 teams but nada interest is nada.

also I didn't "bash" you per se; it is just truths you can't handle and admit to lol.

What happened to all that bravado you displayed when you threatened to ban me over something I didn't commit (with no evidence)? You was dropping F-bombs on me out of no where. I think the issues lies with you thinking you are a big-shot because you are higher rank in Inquisition than I am.

havent heard such bullshit for a long time it doesnt even worth commenting, anyway that 3v3 wont work with current population.

a 1v1 tournament would be better.
I am the swarm

adiba

#15 » Post by adiba » 02 Dec 2016 12:03

Man skyx, just go back to retail or wherever you play because "tw has no hope" stop hating on people even you got no clue yourself. Tw doesn't need more haters. Dedicating a total signature rofl. Did you ever que against them or Melons? Just gtfo man with our pve gear qqing.