The Scourge Invasion is here!

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Nyeriah

The Scourge Invasion is here!

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Oct 2016 10:38

[borderedimg="#00ccff"]http://i.imgur.com/eYTWzcw.jpg[/borderedimg]
PRIMAL WOW
WORLD EVENT: SCOURGE INVASION
[/b]

Hello, people of PrimalWoW!

As some of you might have been suspecting from my fan fic writing of the past days, I have been cooking up something particularly special for you people: the Scourge Invasion!

Through this thread I'll be addressing some of the questions that may be arising with this and hopefully show it clear where we want to get and what we hope to achieve with this world event.

Scourge Invasion Backstory

The Scourge Invasion was an official world event that took place before the release of the Shadows of Naxxramas patch (which as the name suggests, included the Naxxramas raid), during vanilla. The event was later reproduced during the release of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.

There were several differences between the two invasions, but the essence of the event remained the same for the most parts of it.

Event Features

The Scourge Invasion event is composed by several features. Among them we can list capital city assaults, world zone attacks, unique bonus bosses available for limited time and few pieces of gear also available for limited time.

Not all of the content will be available at release, the strength of the Scourge forces will intensify as we progress towards the release of Naxxramas.

More frequent and stronger capital city assaults are expected as time passes by.

As more invasions are defeated, the Mark of Dawn npcs will be spawned.
Vanilla version or WotLK version? Primal version!

While our take on this event aims mostly at mimicking the vanilla version of it, it's possible that some elements of the WotLK version of it have been interlaced. It's also to be noted that it doesn't exactly aim at being a perfect copy of the vanilla release of the event, that would be practically impossible to achieve with the so little information there is.

The main goal of this event is to provide our community with something fun and unique to do. And that's about everything around this event was built up to - an unique experience, built by the community, for the community.

Wish to help me making this better? Speak up, I'll be glad to hear!

This is an one-time event guys, and the first one we have seen in a very, very long while. Do you have any suggestion that could make this better and more fun to everyone? Don't hesitate to voice yourself out. This event will be receiving updates constantly until it ends.

Fan fiction!

If you enjoy reading and can afford a moment to stop by and check a thing or two out, I'll be hinting up the progression of this event through The Dawnbreak Journal. Otherwise, this thread will be updated with the progression as soon as new content goes live.
Scourge Invasion Stages
  • Stage 1
    Stormwind and Undercity Assaults
    (24.10.2016)
  • Stage 2
    Eastern Plaguelands and Winterspring Attacks
    (02.11.2016)
  • Stage 3
    Tanaris, Azshara, Blasted Lands, Burning Steppes Attacks
    (06.12.2016)
Check the Naxxramas release schedule at the Dread Citadel Awaits! thread!
CURRENT CITY TIMER: 4 Hours
Check it at http://www.truewow.org/scourge-invasion

Nyeriah

Re: The Scourge Invasion is here!

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Oct 2016 19:15

Balzaphon has now joined the Scourge forces of Stratholme!

Deim

#3 » Post by Deim » 24 Oct 2016 19:36

Could this post get pinned somewhere on main page ? It's hard to find it to be honest. Most players got notified about it just as event started
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Oct 2016 19:49

Deim wrote:Could this post get pinned somewhere on main page ? It's hard to find it to be honest. Most players got notified about it just as event started
The Argent Dawn Reports have kind of been hinting about it all along and they've been very visible. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Oct 2016 05:13

Revanchion is now available!

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Oct 2016 12:30

The duration of the Undercity invasion has been increased by 5 minutes!

kronic

#7 » Post by kronic » 25 Oct 2016 13:02

The timer says ~20 mins but there was an attack on SW about an hour ago when the timer was on ~1h30. Not sure if there will be another attack when timer runs out but looks like you have a problem

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Oct 2016 13:46

Just tried the event myself, being carried by 30 level 60s. =P

It seemed a bit delayed compared to the timer, by like 5-10 minutes.
Shouldn't the NPCs have more spells? The ghouls blew up on death and the 277k hp add used AoE fear, but you could stun-lock them... so they didn't really oppose any threat. Could just have been a small invasion, but to me, it seemed a bit too easy.

Was fun watching almost 40 people show up for such an event though! ^_^
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Fárlight

#9 » Post by Fárlight » 25 Oct 2016 13:51

Deim wrote:Could this post get pinned somewhere on main page ? It's hard to find it to be honest. Most players got notified about it just as event started
http://www.truewow.org/scourge-invasion
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Oct 2016 14:12

@ Gnurg, it's a farming event, not really supposed to be challenging, mobs are supposed to be annoying if anything.

I'm working on adding more mobs to stormwind. Right now I'm leaning towards thinking undercity is the one most accurately tuned, you should try that one.

And the delay was there because I respawned it manually to keep it in synch with the previous schedule before I lowered the timer :D it respawned at Harbour instead of spawn point, so it took about that long to travel to initial point :(

Wilcox

#11 » Post by Wilcox » 25 Oct 2016 17:00

does haunting memento drop?

Fárlight

#12 » Post by Fárlight » 25 Oct 2016 19:02

Can we make a rule that the other faction isn't allowed go to the other capital citys? People got more HKS from the events than killing scourge.....
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

silverius

#13 » Post by silverius » 25 Oct 2016 19:41

So not only did the scourge invade stormwind but the horde invaded us too. http://imgur.com/28IZJEH

Naturally since it was decided that there were going to be 2 groups that were majority horde and another alliance it was a bloodbath that resulted in crossfaction healing, the death of auctioneers, quest givers, lowbies and people who were just there to experience the event.

I have a suggestion that both stormwind and undercity invasions occur at the same time to avoid this problem

Nyeriah

#14 » Post by Nyeriah » 26 Oct 2016 07:17

Okay, so we've been discussing the PvP issue with some Primal players lately. The main idea behind running the events at different times is that if someone misses one out, they can still show up to the other. In the end, players would be able to participate in both, rather than just splitting the attendance. It's more about what ends up being more fun for you guys. If people don't cooperate and it ends up being a major disruption then I'll probably change it so they happen at the same time.

Furthermore, we should have the second stage of the invasion out in a couple of days and with it comes the outdoor attacks :D The relevance of the city invasions will be lowered substantially, even though I'll still continue to improve them until the end of the event, which will probably happen one or two weeks post the release of Naxxramas (still uncertain).

Players venturing through Shadowfang Keep may encounter abomination Sever after the next restart.

Also, the Stormwind's Cracked Necrotic Shard (the one spawning from the Pallid Horror) should now offer the quest to turn it in for useful buffs. Let me know if there are still issues about that.

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 26 Oct 2016 07:31

Wilcox wrote:does haunting memento drop?
No, but now that you mentioned it I feel like scripting it at some point. Hopefully I'll find the time before the event ends :D

... even though I think this is an element of the 3.3.5 invasion