Cross-realm battle: Gnomeathon!

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.

Would you join in on the fun?

I am a pink-haired (TW) gnome up for this event!
53%
I am a green-haired (PW) gnome up for this event!
43%
I can have both hair colors (can join both sides).
3%

Total votes: 30

milanlord

Re: Cross-realm battle: Gnomeathon!

#31 » Post by milanlord » 27 Oct 2016 15:01

Jiranthos wrote:
milanlord wrote:Is there some lvl requirement for it? :) I don't have any gnome char, but I would make one to support the event and try to kill Hoggar, the video that KK posted looks fun :)
Gnurg wrote:Rules?
  • PrimalWoW gnomes must have green hair, while TrueWoW gnomes must have pink hair.
  • No gnomes should be above level 1.
  • There should be no steroid pumped gnomes (elixirs, flask, well fed).
  • Fashion is restricted to the starter gear. We want all gnomes to feel equal.
  • All gnomes should have their PvP flag turned off, to avoid complications.
  • Other players should not assist in the battle against the devil himself, but they may clear any other threat that would oppose our gnomish heroes.
Thanks ! :) Looks good, I'm in. :)
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Gnurg

#32 » Post by Gnurg » 30 Oct 2016 19:59

Date has been set to the following: 6th November, around 17:30 server time. Try to be there by 17:20 though!

Hope to see you all there! :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Kniteknite

#33 » Post by Kniteknite » 30 Oct 2016 22:25

great !
:)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Gnurg

#34 » Post by Gnurg » 02 Nov 2016 23:11

Event is in just 4 days now, so I hope people haven't forgotten about the event.

The event will be on Sunday 7th November, running starts from 17:30. :-)

Show up at 17:20!

In the scenario that we lack sufficient gnomes, we will gather together on PrimalWoW, where the TrueWoW-ers bring their pink hair there. Hopefully together we would be enough. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Justicelight
Donor

#35 » Post by Justicelight » 02 Nov 2016 23:12

yeyeye achiv bischin again :DDDDDDDDDD
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Gnurg

#36 » Post by Gnurg » 02 Nov 2016 23:20

Justicelight wrote:yeyeye achiv bischin again :DDDDDDDDDD
You've had one too many Lefsegodt, Aladin. :roll:

And yes achiv bischin... no Duelist afterall. :( Didn't take into account the player requirement for active teams, just game count, zzzzz...
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Justicelight
Donor

#37 » Post by Justicelight » 02 Nov 2016 23:38

:(
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Gnurg

#38 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Nov 2016 13:53

Event is in just 1 day now, so I hope people haven't forgotten about the event.

Show up at 17:20!

In the scenario that we lack sufficient gnomes, we will gather together on PrimalWoW, where the TrueWoW-ers bring their pink hair there. Hopefully, together we would be enough. :-)

** It would be nice if we had someone to record the event.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Jiranthos
Admin

#39 » Post by Jiranthos » 05 Nov 2016 14:01

Gnurg wrote:Event is in just 1 day now, so I hope people haven't forgotten about the event.

Something doesn't add up. The seventh is a Monday this year and month.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Gnurg

#40 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Nov 2016 14:09

Ugh... I mean Sunday 6th November, thanks for catching it. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Gnurg

#41 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Nov 2016 15:47

Quick update: Just to make sure the event gets enough participants, I've decided that we all meet up on the PrimalWoW realm. It would be more fun if we worked together, wouldn't it? :-)

Remember, PW gnomes = green hair and TW gnomes = pink hair.

Might be an idea to make your gnome as early as possible, if you have any name you would desire.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

adiba

#42 » Post by adiba » 06 Nov 2016 09:05

Gnurg wrote:Quick update: Just to make sure the event gets enough participants, I've decided that we all meet up on the PrimalWoW realm. It would be more fun if we worked together, wouldn't it? :-)

Remember, PW gnomes = green hair and TW gnomes = pink hair.

Might be an idea to make your gnome as early as possible, if you have any name you would desire.
You suck.
will be there with white hair

Gnurg

#44 » Post by Gnurg » 06 Nov 2016 19:28

Woohoo! Seems the event quite a success consider we managed to gather about 80 gnomes for the event where we took down both Hogger and the crude tyrant Kurthos!

I am sorry if the event turned out a bit confusing, but it was pretty much because we were so many players, we got overwhelmed. Luckily for us, Kurthos simplified it a bit by skipping the unnecessary steps mentioned in the OP and guided us through the event. In addition, we had some helpful game masters on duty to port us to Gurubashi Arena for the "PvP" part of the event.

Did anyone record the event? Might be fun to rewatch the event. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Nymunne
Former Staff

#45 » Post by Nymunne » 06 Nov 2016 19:35

I actually liked it. I maybe got carried away and gave Hogger too much HP at start so had to lower it and even though some gnomes perished by the hands of Hogger they gnome army succeed in defeating him!

It was also fun to give Kurthos some extra HP and let the gnomes have their revenge on him and have fun even if some of the gnomes were in his team and killed their fellow gnomes to help him! Kurthos had help from the dark side and was brought to life for a second time but the gnomes didn't give up!

I send the few screenshots I managed to take to Flooded, maybe he can use some of for the Facebook page, any videos of screenshots players might have can share them with the community.

It was a fun event and I would like to thank everyone who participated and especially Gnurg for hosting it. Keep on the good work and hope more people will want to participate in future events!