TW / PW: The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
User avatar
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader
Posts: 1774
Joined: 02 Sep 2012 14:31

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#571 » Post by Errorista » 25 Oct 2018 21:06

dragonheart wrote:
25 Oct 2018 11:06
Hello,

I am not sure what killed me here as the ironman log only shows "Tyll was slain by Tyll (Health: 1063 Damage: 1063 - 0 Overkill)". Now I was just turning in the quest and came out of the room and was killed, which i think is a result of a bug. Can this be reverted?
https://imgur.com/a/WTTSFzd
what about combat log? it says what killed you

User avatar
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader
Posts: 1774
Joined: 02 Sep 2012 14:31

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#572 » Post by Errorista » 25 Oct 2018 21:14

nvm I see crossed swords which means PVP death, really strange, anyway, cleared your death count but I suggest to you and all other contenders, do not alt tab or afk during game, better log out for a moment than weird deaths

User avatar
dragonheart
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Sep 2016 09:03

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#573 » Post by dragonheart » 26 Oct 2018 04:39

Thank You for clearing the death count.
Strange it was a PVP death as I never have my on.

I created a new char just to test, and see how it records death by falling down, and it recorded it exactly as it happened to Tyll.
Dylawle was slain by Dylawle (Health: 63 Damage: 63 - 0 Overkill), with a cross sword symbol.
I have not seen this in any other place other than zeppelin tower in brill, sometimes running down the stairs of the zeppelin tower lowers your hp as if you were hit or fall down. Could be something similar i guess.

User avatar
Grimalkin
Posts: 27
Joined: 06 Aug 2017 17:43

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#574 » Post by Grimalkin » 26 Oct 2018 05:27

From my (already vague) memories, this "[Player X] was slain by [Player X]" thing happens when you die from the fell-through-the-map glitch, or possibly any legit fall damage.

User avatar
footfall
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Jun 2015 15:24

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#575 » Post by footfall » 26 Oct 2018 22:43

I have a lock and was curious if I can scroll buff my pet, so I created a test lock signed up into ironman and used a scroll on my pet without getting disqualified, is this legal?

I also used "spearmint candy" that gives 5 hit rating and again I was not disqualified, following the spirit of this challenge that should have kicked me out.

Also in question is the sugar candy with the 30sec speed buff.

I would like to know what is the official stance on the above.
Char name is "petbuff" and I will delete him soon after this gets answered.

Thank you

User avatar
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader
Posts: 1774
Joined: 02 Sep 2012 14:31

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#576 » Post by Errorista » 27 Oct 2018 22:06

footfall wrote:
26 Oct 2018 22:43
I have a lock and was curious if I can scroll buff my pet, so I created a test lock signed up into ironman and used a scroll on my pet without getting disqualified, is this legal?

I also used "spearmint candy" that gives 5 hit rating and again I was not disqualified, following the spirit of this challenge that should have kicked me out.

Also in question is the sugar candy with the 30sec speed buff.

I would like to know what is the official stance on the above.
Char name is "petbuff" and I will delete him soon after this gets answered.

Thank you
those buffs are not legal, guess buffing pets and using event buffs were not taken into consideration while making autocheck

nice observation though, thanks for reporting

User avatar
footfall
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Jun 2015 15:24

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#577 » Post by footfall » 28 Oct 2018 11:03

Errorista wrote:
27 Oct 2018 22:06
footfall wrote:
26 Oct 2018 22:43
I have a lock and was curious if I can scroll buff my pet, so I created a test lock signed up into ironman and used a scroll on my pet without getting disqualified, is this legal?

I also used "spearmint candy" that gives 5 hit rating and again I was not disqualified, following the spirit of this challenge that should have kicked me out.

Also in question is the sugar candy with the 30sec speed buff.

I would like to know what is the official stance on the above.
Char name is "petbuff" and I will delete him soon after this gets answered.

Thank you
those buffs are not legal, guess buffing pets and using event buffs were not taken into consideration while making autocheck

nice observation though, thanks for reporting
TY for the clarification, I can vendor all the scrolls I have been holding just in case :D

User avatar
tknblak
Posts: 4
Joined: 19 Feb 2018 02:29

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#578 » Post by tknblak » 13 Nov 2018 01:03

Sure it's been brought up before but taking professions will disqualify me even if the bonuses are turned off?

User avatar
Achtyn
Posts: 6
Joined: 16 Oct 2018 19:49

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#579 » Post by Achtyn » 13 Nov 2018 09:07

tknblak wrote:
13 Nov 2018 01:03
Sure it's been brought up before but taking professions will disqualify me even if the bonuses are turned off?
Yup. Other than First Aid, they're not allowed. Not even Cooking.

User avatar
bobsmyname
Donor
Posts: 129
Joined: 19 Jan 2016 01:21

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#580 » Post by bobsmyname » 13 Nov 2018 17:55

Can we please legalise Mining, Herbalism, and Skinning just until wrath prepatch?
This is even more grindy than it should be, would be nice to get a bit more reward from it (at own option)
If not i get it ^^
-Cacha
>Trans Rights<

User avatar
Achtyn
Posts: 6
Joined: 16 Oct 2018 19:49

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#581 » Post by Achtyn » 14 Nov 2018 12:55

You may not join a [---] dungeon [---].
Does this rule also cover/include soloing the instances?

User avatar
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader
Posts: 1774
Joined: 02 Sep 2012 14:31

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#582 » Post by Errorista » 14 Nov 2018 17:05

Achtyn wrote:
14 Nov 2018 12:55
You may not join a [---] dungeon [---].
Does this rule also cover/include soloing the instances?
no but why would go into dungeon in the first place?

User avatar
Achtyn
Posts: 6
Joined: 16 Oct 2018 19:49

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#583 » Post by Achtyn » 14 Nov 2018 22:51

Errorista wrote:
14 Nov 2018 17:05
no but why would go into dungeon in the first place?
Ha! This is actually a very good point.
During the challenge my curiosity and thrill seeking got my toons killed more times than I could remember (this without a bad pull in a dungeon).

wtb [Survival instinct] :lol: :roll:

User avatar
Grimalkin
Posts: 27
Joined: 06 Aug 2017 17:43

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#584 » Post by Grimalkin » 15 Nov 2018 06:45

One might want to do lower-level dungeons for quests, I know I would.

But I remember someone mentioning they got disqualified for soloing a dungeon some time ago.

User avatar
Jiranthos
Admin
Posts: 1780
Joined: 23 Jun 2015 03:43
Location: Not on your bad side, hopefully

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#585 » Post by Jiranthos » 15 Nov 2018 07:42

Caves and valleys and other dead-end terrain are usually a big no-no. I can't even imagine wanting to risk going into an actual dungeon instance.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests