The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
footfall

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#466 » Post by footfall » 10 Nov 2017 22:06

I was in Loch Modan in the mining cave I killed 1st mob in entrance and when pulled 2nd further away I had another come, thats normal, but immediately from inside the right hand wall of the cave came another 2 mobs that proceeded to rape me.

Too hectic for screen shot, searched my folders could not find were the combat log is.
Left the game so that if you instruct me I might find and post that log.

Please clear this death from my log, TY

.Venna
Donor

#467 » Post by .Venna » 11 Nov 2017 23:56

footfall wrote:
10 Nov 2017 22:06
I was in Loch Modan in the mining cave I killed 1st mob in entrance and when pulled 2nd further away I had another come, thats normal, but immediately from inside the right hand wall of the cave came another 2 mobs that proceeded to rape me.

Too hectic for screen shot, searched my folders could not find were the combat log is.

I am sorry, this is not a death due to a server glitch as in falling through the ground or explained fall damage in Undercity etc. It's just a death due to a bad pull.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

footfall

#468 » Post by footfall » 12 Nov 2017 22:15

.Venna wrote:
11 Nov 2017 23:56
footfall wrote:
10 Nov 2017 22:06

I am sorry, this is not a death due to a server glitch as in falling through the ground or explained fall damage in Undercity etc. It's just a death due to a bad pull.
I have made a fresh char and started again, so I accepted your judgment, however having mobs inside the walls not visible looks like a server glitch to me. Food for thought.

.Venna
Donor

#469 » Post by .Venna » 13 Nov 2017 03:03

I appreciate your comment, thank you. It will be taken into consideration in the future.
Primalwow.

Sabin

#470 » Post by Sabin » 21 Nov 2017 05:21

Quick Question:

What, exactly, is used to determine the number of quests that a Bloodthirsty Challenger has completed? Is it the achievement for quests completed? As long as that number displays 75 or less, you have not failed the challenge?

The World of Warcraft is full of repeatable events that have a '?' but do not increment the achievement. I would like to make sure I have a surefire way to keep track of what I am doing and make sure I do not exceed the limit.

thanks

Brennus

#471 » Post by Brennus » 21 Nov 2017 23:34

If you open your achievements panel and look at the bottom of it, there will be 2 tabs: the currently selected one is Achievements, and the other one is Statistics.

On the Statistics tab there are lots of cool and useful information for you, such as death count, potions consumed, duels won and quests done. You just have to look around and you will find pretty much anything your character has done.

As far as I know, that's the official way of counting your quests (I think the first time you do repeatable quests, they do count — needs confirmation though — so, keep that in mind).

I hope it helps, and sorry for the badly written piece of text (I tried my best, but I'm on a mobile phone right now).
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#472 » Post by Errorista » 21 Nov 2017 23:50

Brennus wrote:
21 Nov 2017 23:34
If you open your achievements panel and look at the bottom of it, there will be 2 tabs: the currently selected one is Achievements, and the other one is Statistics.

On the Statistics tab there are lots of cool and useful information for you, such as death count, potions consumed, duels won and quests done. You just have to look around and you will find pretty much anything your character has done.

As far as I know, that's the official way of counting your quests (I think the first time you do repeatable quests, they do count — needs confirmation though — so, keep that in mind).

I hope it helps, and sorry for the badly written piece of text (I tried my best, but I'm on a mobile phone right now).
^^ that
you can always check your own quest progress

footfall

#473 » Post by footfall » 23 Nov 2017 10:11

I have stupidly equipped a 8 slot quest reward bag that was green and was thrown out of Ironman.
Since such a bag does not give anything more that the white 8 slot bags, can u reinstate my Ironman status?
I do not think I have broken the spirit of the challenge.
I will be certain not to equip items late at night in the future.

TY

Grimalkin

#474 » Post by Grimalkin » 23 Nov 2017 10:31

Hey :)

I have dinged 70... now how do I get rewarded?
(Ladder still thinks I am 47 for some reason, lol)

Surai

.Venna
Donor

#475 » Post by .Venna » 24 Nov 2017 00:54

footfall wrote:
23 Nov 2017 10:11
I have stupidly equipped a 8 slot quest reward bag that was green and was thrown out of Ironman.
Since such a bag does not give anything more that the white 8 slot bags, can u reinstate my Ironman status?
I do not think I have broken the spirit of the challenge.
I will be certain not to equip items late at night in the future.

TY
I presume your character was Ironlord? I am sorry, but the rules are clear. If your character was much higher, I would consider relaxing them but anything below 50 tends to have to start again for user error.
Primalwow.

.Venna
Donor

#476 » Post by .Venna » 24 Nov 2017 00:56

Grimalkin wrote:
23 Nov 2017 10:31

Surai
Yes, I am perplexed by your ladder listing. But I know you were going strong two levels ago. Congrats on being the first person to be a level 70 Ironman!!

I will send you the mount (when you tell me which character you want it on) and a gm can give you the tiger riding when you are online. Just put in a ticket as I am not available online for the next week or so.
Primalwow.

Grimalkin

#477 » Post by Grimalkin » 24 Nov 2017 01:08

.Venna wrote:
24 Nov 2017 00:56
Grimalkin wrote:

Surai
Yes, I am perplexed by your ladder listing. But I know you were going strong two levels ago. Congrats on being the first person to be a level 70 Ironman!!

I will send you the mount (when you tell me which character you want it on) and a gm can give you the tiger riding when you are online. Just put in a ticket as I am not available online for the next week or so.
On Surai will be fine :)
And thanks!

Whoopee! Happy to get here at last!

edited: got my reward, so all is sorted out now and no need to send me anything more :) Thanks again!

Ravenseeker
Former Staff

#478 » Post by Ravenseeker » 24 Nov 2017 09:49

.Venna wrote:
24 Nov 2017 00:56
Grimalkin wrote:

On Surai will be fine :)
And thanks!

Whoopee! Happy to get here at last!
Congratulations on achieving Ironman on PrimalWoW!.

Mount and proper training have been dispensed, good luck and have fun in your future travels! :D

Grimalkin

#479 » Post by Grimalkin » 03 Dec 2017 17:03

Sooo I have decided to compile my learnings into a wall of text. Too long to post here, so just a link, for those who want Ironmaning tips, or just a look into another traveler's observations:

http://textuploader.com/dq79d

But in a nutshell:
.Venna wrote:
24 Feb 2017 06:30
ok, guys, I think we need a set of ten "lessons" for newbies...

1. Don't go into caves.
2. If things get hairy, run away (esp if a pet class).
3. Don't go into caves.
4. Pull one at a time, far away from other mobs if they run.
5. Don't go into caves.
6. THERE IS NO RULE SIX!
7. Don't go into caves.

Need a few more.
And a special dedication to all of us brave souls out there who have mastered the one true way to survive while on the challenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to

Love you awesome people.

.Venna
Donor

#480 » Post by .Venna » 04 Dec 2017 00:00

LOL Grim. That's a great write up. The clip isn't bad either.
Primalwow.