The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#586 » Post by Errorista » 15 Nov 2018 16:02

Grimalkin wrote:
15 Nov 2018 06:45
But I remember someone mentioning they got disqualified for soloing a dungeon some time ago.
this is interesting, probably bot cannot distinguish between rdf and solo dungeon, in that case you cannot solo dungeons, sorry for incorrect info before

Klick17

#587 » Post by Klick17 » 20 Nov 2018 18:42

Hello everyone, i want to know, would it be possible to make this ironman challenge on TW also? i mean, i know its going to take more time to reach 80 without dying, but i think its worth for some people to try this challenge, but to be fair (based on the rules) atleast allow TW ironman challengers use green gear as maximum, but not blue and purple. so yes this is my thought on this topic, TW gets its own version of ironman challenge but with ONLY! green items maximum, nothing further. As for you staff members who made this challenge, tell me what you think of this idea/thought as a reply in this forum since id like to hear what you have to say about this regarding TW having its own ironman challenge to 80. :) :D ^_^ !

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#588 » Post by Errorista » 20 Nov 2018 19:33

Klick17 wrote:
20 Nov 2018 18:42
Hello everyone, i want to know, would it be possible to make this ironman challenge on TW also? i mean, i know its going to take more time to reach 80 without dying, but i think its worth for some people to try this challenge, but to be fair (based on the rules) atleast allow TW ironman challengers use green gear as maximum, but not blue and purple. so yes this is my thought on this topic, TW gets its own version of ironman challenge but with ONLY! green items maximum, nothing further. As for you staff members who made this challenge, tell me what you think of this idea/thought as a reply in this forum since id like to hear what you have to say about this regarding TW having its own ironman challenge to 80. :) :D ^_^ !
Hello, ironman challenge is intended exclusively for primalwow realm.

ohcul

#589 » Post by ohcul » 27 Dec 2018 23:20

Hello,
I am attempting to get Ironman. I got to 52 level and then I died because of a game bug: I got feared by a plaguebat and fell through the ground! Am I eligible for restoring my status?
I instantly filled a ticked, hoping some game master would see my current position (in the nothingness below the game world) but as I waited 1 or 2 minutes, the game teleported me to a graveyard.
Then I realized I missed the change to take a screenshot!
Guys don't you think this is extremely unfair for the players to pay such a huge price (so much time wasted) for a fault that is not theirs, but a server bug?
I wonder why the server even counts it as a death when you fall through the ground. Why doesn't it just teleport you to the nearest graveyard without killing you?
Its not like falling through the ground was an intended game mechanic that was specifically designed to kill you?
Its just a bug, why making the innocent player pay a price for it?

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#590 » Post by Errorista » 27 Dec 2018 23:56

ohcul wrote:
27 Dec 2018 23:20
Hello,
I am attempting to get Ironman. I got to 52 level and then I died because of a game bug: I got feared by a plaguebat and fell through the ground! Am I eligible for restoring my status?
I instantly filled a ticked, hoping some game master would see my current position (in the nothingness below the game world) but as I waited 1 or 2 minutes, the game teleported me to a graveyard.
Then I realized I missed the change to take a screenshot!
Guys don't you think this is extremely unfair for the players to pay such a huge price (so much time wasted) for a fault that is not theirs, but a server bug?
I wonder why the server even counts it as a death when you fall through the ground. Why doesn't it just teleport you to the nearest graveyard without killing you?
Its not like falling through the ground was an intended game mechanic that was specifically designed to kill you?
Its just a bug, why making the innocent player pay a price for it?
should be resolved now

ohcul

#591 » Post by ohcul » 28 Dec 2018 08:13

Errorista wrote:
27 Dec 2018 23:56
should be resolved now
Thank you very much!
Now I saw the tip (in the first page of this thread) about avoiding mobs that fear. I'll avoid them from now on.
I wasn't avoiding them because I hadn't read the tips and also hadn't seen this bug for a long time and I though it had been fixed. (Now I discovered it is still there, just less likely to happen than how it used to be)

tknblak

#592 » Post by tknblak » 14 Jan 2019 19:15

Anyway to validate a run half way through? Used a quest potion like an idiot and it didn't auto fail me, but wondering if it's worth it to continue. Character is ishoot.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#593 » Post by Errorista » 14 Jan 2019 19:47

tknblak wrote:
14 Jan 2019 19:15
Anyway to validate a run half way through? Used a quest potion like an idiot and it didn't auto fail me, but wondering if it's worth it to continue. Character is ishoot.
which potion?

tknblak

#594 » Post by tknblak » 14 Jan 2019 20:05

Something in desolace for breathing underwater. Can't remember the exact name. Was provided from a quest giver.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#595 » Post by Errorista » 14 Jan 2019 22:07

tknblak wrote:
14 Jan 2019 20:05
Something in desolace for breathing underwater. Can't remember the exact name. Was provided from a quest giver.
you are fine then

tknblak

#596 » Post by tknblak » 14 Jan 2019 22:17

awesome. thanks for replying

Alco

#597 » Post by Alco » 05 Feb 2019 16:49

Hi there. I got killed during Ironman because of a bug/glitch. When doing the quest Scarlet Division in western plaguelands, i burned down the tent, then put up the flag in accordance with the quest. However, i was stood next to the solid structure/skullpole in the camp, and the quest flag clamped me in. I was now stuck and could not move at all, while enemies around me started to respawn. I tried everything to get free, but i eventually had to Feign Death to avoid dying. My pet was now dead and more enemies were respawning. When the quest flag finally despawned almost all enemies had respawned. I figured my 2 options was to wait out the 6 minutes and die for sure or try and make a run for it, so i got up and used all my CDs to get away, but to no avail. I'm really shattered because I was playing really safe, but the flag kept me in for enemies to respawn 1 by 1 without me being able to do anything. I took 4 screenshots in a panic while i was stuck, so they are not very far apart time wise. Really hoping this isn't the end, it's just such a terrible way to end a run. I have died many times in Ironman, but this is the first time were it wasn't my own fault. Character is Erazer, lvl 53.

It's my understanding that Axistiger has already given this information on, but IronSharona told me to post the story in this thread so here it is.
I stupidly didn't take anymore than these screenshots, cause i thought it would be enough to prove that i was stuck and how it happened and I was focusing on survivng. Really hope it's enough.

https://imgur.com/a/9wWDhGT

Axis
Senior Game Master

#598 » Post by Axis » 05 Feb 2019 16:59

IronSharona wrote:
Errorista wrote:
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#599 » Post by Errorista » 06 Feb 2019 20:20

Alco wrote:
05 Feb 2019 16:49
Hi there. I got killed during Ironman because of a bug/glitch. When doing the quest Scarlet Division in western plaguelands, i burned down the tent, then put up the flag in accordance with the quest. However, i was stood next to the solid structure/skullpole in the camp, and the quest flag clamped me in. I was now stuck and could not move at all, while enemies around me started to respawn. I tried everything to get free, but i eventually had to Feign Death to avoid dying. My pet was now dead and more enemies were respawning. When the quest flag finally despawned almost all enemies had respawned. I figured my 2 options was to wait out the 6 minutes and die for sure or try and make a run for it, so i got up and used all my CDs to get away, but to no avail. I'm really shattered because I was playing really safe, but the flag kept me in for enemies to respawn 1 by 1 without me being able to do anything. I took 4 screenshots in a panic while i was stuck, so they are not very far apart time wise. Really hoping this isn't the end, it's just such a terrible way to end a run. I have died many times in Ironman, but this is the first time were it wasn't my own fault. Character is Erazer, lvl 53.

It's my understanding that Axistiger has already given this information on, but IronSharona told me to post the story in this thread so here it is.
I stupidly didn't take anymore than these screenshots, cause i thought it would be enough to prove that i was stuck and how it happened and I was focusing on survivng. Really hope it's enough.

https://imgur.com/a/9wWDhGT
That's why I think doing Bloodthirsty is safer approach, quests can lead you into weird stuff.

Regardless, I cleared your death count, interesting story.

Alco

#600 » Post by Alco » 06 Feb 2019 20:31

THANK YOU!! :D