The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Grimalkin

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#436 » Post by Grimalkin » 11 Sep 2017 07:25

Nyeriah wrote:
09 Sep 2017 23:31
Grimalkin wrote:
09 Sep 2017 23:12
Am I allowed to use vote points to rename my Ironman character?
Yes, that shouldn't affect anything, but post it here what was your name before and what is your name now, that will help keeping you recognizable among the other challengers after the rename

Thanks. Xaanu was renamed to Surai, this was my first IM name and I've grown rather fond of it. Sadly, the original Surai died but her spirit lives on in the new incarnation. ^_^

richie66

#437 » Post by richie66 » 14 Sep 2017 12:00

I'd like to know if being inactive affects the challenge. I haven't played for a couple of months but i wish to continue.
And another question, at the beginning i accepted the ironman challenge but wanted change to bloodthirsty. In the guild i got noted with BT, but on the forum im still on the list of the ironman challenge. Is it working if i'm still not doing quests?

Replica, lvl 12 paladin

.Venna
Donor

#438 » Post by .Venna » 14 Sep 2017 13:07

richie66 wrote:
14 Sep 2017 12:00
I'd like to know if being inactive affects the challenge. I haven't played for a couple of months but i wish to continue.
And another question, at the beginning i accepted the ironman challenge but wanted change to bloodthirsty. In the guild i got noted with BT, but on the forum im still on the list of the ironman challenge. Is it working if i'm still not doing quests?

Replica, lvl 12 paladin
I have updated your character and it is now in Bloodthirsty. Being inactive makes no difference to the challenge.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

richie66

#439 » Post by richie66 » 14 Sep 2017 23:18

Thank you.

Grimalkin

#440 » Post by Grimalkin » 01 Oct 2017 15:04

After a bit of discussion today in the IMC guild, perhaps it is best to confirm here to be sure:

The "no ports" bit in the rules refers to mage portals/lock summons only, that is, player-provided services, or it includes the Shattrath city portals as well? (Dark portal should certainly be ok, since there's no getting to Outland otherwise.)

So... can we use the town portals?

Thanks in advance, folks.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#441 » Post by IronSharona » 01 Oct 2017 15:34

Grimalkin wrote:
01 Oct 2017 15:04
After a bit of discussion today in the IMC guild, perhaps it is best to confirm here to be sure:

The "no ports" bit in the rules refers to mage portals/lock summons only, that is, player-provided services, or it includes the Shattrath city portals as well? (Dark portal should certainly be ok, since there's no getting to Outland otherwise.)

So... can we use the town portals?

Thanks in advance, folks.
As it is listed under the dungeon and raid section my interpretation of this is to say you mustn't accept ports into RDF or summons from meeting stone or from RAF features. Also, non-mages/non-warlocks cannot accept mage portals or warlock summons for faster map travel. Portals available for use by all players like those you're asking about should be fine.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Grimalkin

#442 » Post by Grimalkin » 01 Oct 2017 16:56

Thanks, much appreciated.

hazelmae

#443 » Post by hazelmae » 03 Oct 2017 17:11

My toons name was Danielboone. my question is I died because of a glitch but could not take a pic. I was in a cave and had 2 mobs on me but there was a 3rd that was in the ceiling , but it was one of those that you could not see. I have tried the challenge a few times now (under different names) Is there anything you can do if this happenes again and if so how can I prove it. Maybe take pic of mob before I get close to it.

.Venna
Donor

#444 » Post by .Venna » 04 Oct 2017 02:02

That's exactly the way. Pics make it easier for us to understand when things have gone wrong.

As to trying a few times - take heart!! I did it 12 times to get to the end and that was when it was capped at 60! I died twice over level 50, but I did eventually get there. Keep on plugging away at it.
Primalwow.

Grimalkin

#445 » Post by Grimalkin » 04 Oct 2017 19:17

Strange times ^_^

Went through the Dark portal, all good the first time. Then went back to wrap up some stuff. Then through to Hellfire again... and got one of those huge elite demons level ?? right in my face, just as I emerged from the portal. Bubbled immediately, and he went for me right away, of course. Thought I'd go back through the portal, but wasn't sure if I would be able to while in combat, and I didn't want to waste seconds. So, jumped from the side of the platform and ran for it. Ran for some good distance before he gave it up. Phewww :) Aren't those guys supposed to be, you know, not right there where you exit the portal? I'll never be able to go to Outland and not die immediately if they ambush people like this.

.Venna
Donor

#446 » Post by .Venna » 05 Oct 2017 00:49

Grimalkin wrote:
04 Oct 2017 19:17
Strange times ^_^

Went through the Dark portal, all good the first time. Then went back to wrap up some stuff. Then through to Hellfire again... and got one of those huge elite demons level ?? right in my face, just as I emerged from the portal. Bubbled immediately, and he went for me right away, of course. Thought I'd go back through the portal, but wasn't sure if I would be able to while in combat, and I didn't want to waste seconds. So, jumped from the side of the platform and ran for it. Ran for some good distance before he gave it up. Phewww :) Aren't those guys supposed to be, you know, not right there where you exit the portal? I'll never be able to go to Outland and not die immediately if they ambush people like this.
That is correct, they shouldn't be quite so prolific there. If anyone is going to come through the portal and those demons are up, you can contact me (via forum or online (Dana, Danae) and I will come and remove them for you. If you die here due to the demons (with screenshot) the death can be reversed on application.
Primalwow.

Grimalkin

#447 » Post by Grimalkin » 07 Oct 2017 12:25

Surai is dead. But mourn not, gentle souls, she will be reborn, and she now knows what to avoid.

btw I noticed the Hellfire Superiority buff stays with me even when I am back in Azeroth and it cannot be removed. I wonder if its effect really does apply, or it is just a visual bug? Should I be worried about getting disqualified because of it in the future?

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#448 » Post by Errorista » 07 Oct 2017 14:30

its a bug, you will not be punished for server bug

Grimalkin

#449 » Post by Grimalkin » 07 Oct 2017 14:48

Good to know. Thanks.

Tzakal

#450 » Post by Tzakal » 19 Oct 2017 22:08

Ty :)
Last edited by Tzakal on 20 Oct 2017 15:13, edited 1 time in total.