The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Noblemane

Re: TW / PW: The Ironman Challenge.

#676 » Post by Noblemane » 08 May 2020 09:29

I didn't see this info available but I have to inquire are we allowed to reset talents at our class trainer?

Axis
Senior Game Master

#677 » Post by Axis » 08 May 2020 09:37

Noblemane wrote:
08 May 2020 09:29
I didn't see this info available but I have to inquire are we allowed to reset talents at our class trainer?
You're already allowed to use your talents. Resetting them isn't a problem.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Noblemane

#678 » Post by Noblemane » 08 May 2020 09:39

Axis wrote:
08 May 2020 09:37
Noblemane wrote:
08 May 2020 09:29
You're already allowed to use your talents. Resetting them isn't a problem.
Alright. Thank you for the answer.

Vaxsysl

#679 » Post by Vaxsysl » 30 May 2020 20:33

Hi. I got lag-out and then disconnect from Primal-WoW at quite an inopportune moment. Here are the screenshots for proof: check timestamps in chat, my location before and after DC.

Lag-out detected while running away: https://imgur.com/vhOqBYX
DC screen: https://imgur.com/7u0fmlh
Corpse location: https://imgur.com/UuP5Loa

Reinstatement would be awesome. Thank you very much for your time.
This is the thread to do this, is it not?
Fern / Gaidin (and other alts)

Axis
Senior Game Master

#680 » Post by Axis » 04 Jun 2020 16:11

Vaxsysl wrote:
30 May 2020 20:33
Hi. I got lag-out and then disconnect from Primal-WoW at quite an inopportune moment. Here are the screenshots for proof: check timestamps in chat, my location before and after DC.

Lag-out detected while running away: https://imgur.com/vhOqBYX
DC screen: https://imgur.com/7u0fmlh
Corpse location: https://imgur.com/UuP5Loa

Reinstatement would be awesome. Thank you very much for your time.
This is the thread to do this, is it not?
Your Ironman status has been reinstated, on account of submitted evidence.
If you encounter issues with claiming your reward upon completion of the challenge, submit a ticket in-game.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Vaxsysl

#681 » Post by Vaxsysl » 04 Jun 2020 17:23

That's awesome, thank you very much!
Fern / Gaidin (and other alts)

whitefang

#682 » Post by whitefang » 24 Jun 2020 19:32

Infectu has reached level 70! 2020-06-19 09:36:44 PW server.
Am i done ?

Emmers

#683 » Post by Emmers » 29 Jul 2020 20:51

Hi
I'm doing IM again... lol
I equipped a 8-space bag looted in quest: Nolkai's bag. Received a mesaage that I've failed IM - The bag is green, but it is still only an 8-space bag...

Please reinstate, if possible... :)

Thanks!

Axis
Senior Game Master

#684 » Post by Axis » 29 Jul 2020 23:42

Emmers wrote:
29 Jul 2020 20:51
Hi
I equipped a 8-space bag looted in quest: Nolkai's bag. Received a mesaage that I've failed IM - The bag is green, but it is still only an 8-space bag...

Thanks!
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=35630

The number of slots on the bag is irrelevant. It's a green item and thus, equipping it is a clear violation of the Ironman rules.
It wouldn't be fair to the other players if we reinstated your status.
Fortunately, you're only level 19 and can easily start over.

Request denied.
ImageImageImage

Emmers

#685 » Post by Emmers » 30 Jul 2020 08:54

Axis wrote:
29 Jul 2020 23:42
Emmers wrote:
29 Jul 2020 20:51
Hi

Thanks!
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=35630

The number of slots on the bag is irrelevant. It's a green item and thus, equipping it is a clear violation of the Ironman rules.
It wouldn't be fair to the other players if we reinstated your status.
Fortunately, you're only level 19 and can easily start over.

Request denied.
Drat.... :-)

Thanks! Will try again... lol

Dabeer

#686 » Post by Dabeer » 16 Aug 2020 08:37

I've seen in the rules and in the discussion here that training the riding skill is allowed, but it's unclear whether or not actually buying a mount (and using/learning it) is allowed, as the Reins items are almost entirely Blue or Purple quality. Logic would say it's allowed, since traveling using riding is allowed, but it feels too close to "equipping" a Blue or Purple item.

This raises the larger question: Can we use items of Green/Blue/Purple that teach a skill or add an ability? This would include all of the purchased mount items (e.g. Item Loading... or Item Loading...), but also books like Item Loading... or Item Loading....

Obviously I could try it and find out, but I'd rather not lose that way.

Thanks

temper

#687 » Post by temper » 16 Aug 2020 09:15

Dabeer wrote:
16 Aug 2020 08:37
I've seen in the rules and in the discussion here that training the riding skill is allowed, but it's unclear whether or not actually buying a mount (and using/learning it) is allowed, as the Reins items are almost entirely Blue or Purple quality. Logic would say it's allowed, since traveling using riding is allowed, but it feels too close to "equipping" a Blue or Purple item.

This raises the larger question: Can we use items of Green/Blue/Purple that teach a skill or add an ability? This would include all of the purchased mount items (e.g. Item Loading... or Item Loading...), but also books like Item Loading... or Item Loading....

Thanks
Interesting question actually. I do not have the answer for you but I will also wait for a reply.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#688 » Post by IronSharona » 17 Aug 2020 01:46

Dabeer wrote:
16 Aug 2020 08:37

Thanks
Anything like these items that is "learned" when right clicked is considered a spell or a skill, rather than an equippable item. It's been a long while since I tweaked the programming of the system, so it could have been changed by someone else, but based on Venna's original explanation of the rules to me, these are simply items used to learn more profession skills and should not be considered a violation.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Dabeer

#689 » Post by Dabeer » 18 Aug 2020 06:41

IronSharona wrote:
17 Aug 2020 01:46
Anything like these items that is "learned" when right clicked is considered a spell or a skill, rather than an equippable item. It's been a long while since I tweaked the programming of the system, so it could have been changed by someone else, but based on Venna's original explanation of the rules to me, these are simply items used to learn more profession skills and should not be considered a violation.
Thanks for the response. With this, I was willing to give it a go, and was indeed able to learn Strong Anti-Venom from the manual without receiving a notification that I'd failed the challenge. Next up - the mount. Thanks!

Nyeriah

#690 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Aug 2020 20:01

Axis wrote:
30 May 2019 19:43
IronSharona changed all the menus to accommodate all the features a bit better, including Ironman.
The change isn't live yet due to delays and some issues that came up in between.
Is the ladder page still being used?

I also have a personal request: that page is registered under my name at the bottom, but since I no longer maintain it and it hasn't aged well, could someone please wipe it from there?
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart: