The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
.Venna
Donor

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#16 » Post by .Venna » 08 Aug 2016 02:43

freehall2002 wrote:does the challenge has timer?
coz i will lvl my char when i am bored don't have any char on primal so it will be my first my main is given below on truewow.

thx in adv
No timer, I intend for it to run for the life of the server. When expansions drop it just changes to the current level cap. However, I may be dropping people out if they don't log on for a month - but in this case people would be able to reapply when they restart. It would just mean less checking for me each day/week if people are inactive.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

.Venna
Donor

#17 » Post by .Venna » 08 Aug 2016 02:45

Grashopa wrote:So two iron man challengers cannot group up? Like the wiff and i cant do this together (in a group)?

May have time to try it as my "solo" project.
No I am sorry, they can't. It is supposed to be a solo challenge. But there is nothing to stop you being in the same zone and questing near each other.
Primalwow.

.Venna
Donor

#18 » Post by .Venna » 08 Aug 2016 02:51

Relevant wrote:How will this be tracked? Like how will anyone know if I equip a bunch of blues when no one's around? Is staff helping verify this?
I expect people on the server will help if they see you in game, they can inspect you. That's part of the reason your names are listed in the thread as a contender. Mostly it will be checked with the armoury at random times (there are three of us checking you frequently).

But in all honesty it is up to the Contenders to adhere to the spirit of the challenge. It's about setting yourself a difficult challenge and doing it. Cheating yourself of the knowledge you did it by the rules doesn't give you the sense of achievement.

And you _never_ know when or if GMs are watching.

EDIT 5May2017: The Challenge now has in game support, a death will automatically disqualify you as will equipping forbidden items or grouping. Food buffs will be checked at level cap.
Primalwow.

Jiranthos
Admin

#19 » Post by Jiranthos » 08 Aug 2016 02:57

.Venna wrote: And you _never_ know when or if GMs are watching.
<(-^_^-)>

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nyeriah

#20 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Aug 2016 03:20

In time, we could always discuss adopting this as an official event of our server and implement further checks to help keeping track of it, depending on how it goes :)

Good initiative, keep up the good work!

.Venna
Donor

#21 » Post by .Venna » 08 Aug 2016 07:33

Vaen wrote:Are we allowed to use the auction house?
Yes.

I can't find your character, have you made it yet? Is it spelled correctly?
Last edited by .Venna on 08 Aug 2016 07:37, edited 1 time in total.
Primalwow.

Relevant

#22 » Post by Relevant » 08 Aug 2016 19:04

I'm guessing scroll buffs should be added to the banned list, as well?

Relevant

#23 » Post by Relevant » 08 Aug 2016 19:09

Another idea is to maybe have a guild with everyone trying, so we're all marked with a guild tag, so everyone knows who we are.

Then they can just be removed from the guild if they fail.

.Venna
Donor

#24 » Post by .Venna » 09 Aug 2016 02:02

Relevant wrote:I'm guessing scroll buffs should be added to the banned list, as well?
Yes, I'll add that, thanks.
Primalwow.

.Venna
Donor

#25 » Post by .Venna » 09 Aug 2016 02:04

Relevant wrote:Another idea is to maybe have a guild with everyone trying, so we're all marked with a guild tag, so everyone knows who we are.

Then they can just be removed from the guild if they fail.
I did think of that, but I don't want to leave my current guild. I could start it on Diane, I guess.
Primalwow.

Selk

#26 » Post by Selk » 09 Aug 2016 02:12

Am I allowed to use quest reward items like really sticky glue? Some provide some good survival tools, such as the glue.

.Venna
Donor

#27 » Post by .Venna » 09 Aug 2016 02:21

Yes, stuff like that is fine as it goes on the mob, not you.
Primalwow.

WoodManZX

#28 » Post by WoodManZX » 09 Aug 2016 14:02

Well, this is game over for Artim. He didn't even reach level 9. He thought he could take on a murloc, but then there were 3.

Relevant

#29 » Post by Relevant » 09 Aug 2016 14:40

WoodManZX wrote:Well, this is game over for Artim. He didn't even reach level 9. He thought he could take on a murloc, but then there were 3.
Haha, I feel ya there! Murlocs are one I figured I'd avoid. I almost lost it yesterday when I DC'd in combat. Logged back in and was still alive.

I know that's how I'm gonna go out, though. My internet connection is too unstable for this :(

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#30 » Post by Hansrutger » 09 Aug 2016 15:18

Murloc's are the worst! Also just restart, if it's at level 9 just delete character and remake. I hope that's not against the rules because that is what I did - it would be the same thing as saying "nah I failed but here I try again with a new character". And if it matters, I died while being AFK. Damn defias (also at level 9 xD) but I restarted: http://truewow.org/armory/cstats.php?n=Palamaster&s=122 so there's 0 deaths!
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster