The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#556 » Post by Errorista » 01 Sep 2018 19:54

SnakeKarra wrote:
01 Sep 2018 19:16
Can you use racial abilities such as the draenei racial?
yes

FrodoFragins

#557 » Post by FrodoFragins » 01 Sep 2018 20:56

Errorista wrote:
01 Sep 2018 11:11
FrodoFragins wrote:
01 Sep 2018 11:06
Well, it was an interesting ride but I got impatient and reckless in a cave lol. It had been feeling like work since level 30 though so I'm now glad that it's over so I can play the new Path of Exile ladder. :)

first page:

"Tips and Tricks from an Ironman Victor -- Errorista
Avoid caves."
Yes I know, but I was sick of skipping quests and frankly kind of wanted to die. Caves are fine if they are 5 levels below or so though. These guys weren't which was the real issue

The server is too dead at US hours, the pop cuts in half usually, so I wasn't really motivated to play my main. And so I wouldn't really have a place to show off the mount anyway. I'll be retiring from the server at least until WOTLK hits and everyone is in the same spot progression wise. I joined to try a gank free leveling experience and I feel I got that. :)

Jinty

#558 » Post by Jinty » 10 Sep 2018 05:22

Hi, just checking on the status of my two characters doing the ironman challenge ... Ferris is listed correctly as still active in the guild and in the ladders. However, Ferrum is listed as ironman contender in the ladder even though she is bloodthirsty in the guild. Could the ladder listing please be corrected to bloodthirsty just in case it messes with the completion when (one day) I complete this challenge?
Thanks

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#559 » Post by Errorista » 10 Sep 2018 18:01

Jinty wrote:
10 Sep 2018 05:22
Hi, just checking on the status of my two characters doing the ironman challenge ... Ferris is listed correctly as still active in the guild and in the ladders. However, Ferrum is listed as ironman contender in the ladder even though she is bloodthirsty in the guild. Could the ladder listing please be corrected to bloodthirsty just in case it messes with the completion when (one day) I complete this challenge?
Thanks
we can deal with it when you reach level 70 :)

heartsofspace

#560 » Post by heartsofspace » 13 Oct 2018 14:17

Hello I was disqualified for putting on a green quest (enchanted moonstalker cloak) item used for the "Lost Master" quest in Darkshore. When I was reading up on the rules and regulations for IronMan I remember reading that using green quest items, like potions, was permitted, but only once. I was not aware a script would automatically bump me off. Is this legitimate? If not I kindly ask to be restored to contender status. Thank you very for much.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#561 » Post by IronSharona » 13 Oct 2018 21:46

heartsofspace wrote:
13 Oct 2018 14:17
Hello I was disqualified for putting on a green quest (enchanted moonstalker cloak) item used for the "Lost Master" quest in Darkshore. When I was reading up on the rules and regulations for IronMan I remember reading that using green quest items, like potions, was permitted, but only once. I was not aware a script would automatically bump me off. Is this legitimate? If not I kindly ask to be restored to contender status. Thank you very for much.
The quest exception, I believe, was only intended for elixirs. Even equipping of green+ bags is designed for auto-disqualification. If Errorista would have a different understanding I'll leave it to him, though. I will rewrite to clarify the rules if it becomes necessary.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#562 » Post by Errorista » 13 Oct 2018 22:28

lol, first time I actually see someone with this issue, this quest is indeed perfect trap for contenders, unless we can script auto-checker to skip this item it would be wise to include warning about this quest on main page, I dont know how to add you back to competition but I can manually add you mount if you finish without death and pass all other requirements

IronSharona
Former Staff

#563 » Post by IronSharona » 13 Oct 2018 23:32

Errorista wrote:
13 Oct 2018 22:28
(...) it would be wise to include warning about this quest on main page, I dont know how to add you back to competition (...)
I've added him back to the Active listing. I'll update the main page now as well. :) Thanks!
Probably still a good idea to take a look and see if we can figure out how to grant the exception for this item in the future, though.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

heartsofspace

#564 » Post by heartsofspace » 14 Oct 2018 04:43

I appreciate you adding me back into the running for Iron Man. I went ahead and completed the quest anyway after posting for help...to my chagrin and minor annoyance, it turns out you can just give the quest-cloak to the npc to complete...so long as you can clear the mobs. This way you do not need to put on the enchanted cloak.

Since the rule only applies to elixirs and the like (dartol's magic wand?) I will avoid quests that require donning green+ gear.

Achtyn

#565 » Post by Achtyn » 17 Oct 2018 12:22

Hi there, folks! 😊

It's my first time playing WoW in a long time (~10 years). Naturally, making my first character, I wanted partake in this challenge once I saw it on the front page! 😋

Luckily I haven't used any food item yet, as there was something mentioned about food buffs. Boy, was I glad for that — as the server restarted, I went on and searched this topic for posts containing "food", and on second page there was this post about the [Well Fed] effect. My suspicions were correct - it does disqualify the character.

May I suggest including the words "this includes the 'Well Fed' buff" in the rules, please? This will make it so much clearer for us noobs. Thank you!

And for the curious - the character is:
Name: McStealy
Class: Rogue

IDK how to decently play a Rogue (never got it past the early forties) - this will be a hard challenge.
Edit:
Rogue isn't doing well, now trying with something less fragile:
Name: Worrier
Class: Warrior
Last edited by Achtyn on 04 Nov 2018 22:54, edited 3 times in total.

Tzakal

#566 » Post by Tzakal » 20 Oct 2018 06:25

Last edited by Tzakal on 12 Nov 2018 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

heartsofspace

#567 » Post by heartsofspace » 22 Oct 2018 14:21

Hi, congrats to Dralz for making it to the finish! Thanks for all your advice.

Its me again with another issue. I was on the taxi to Ironforge from Menethil Harbor and I alt-tabbed my wow client for about 30 seconds. When I returned I was dead with a blank skybox. I saw no message or log saying "you have died and failed the ironman challenge, please make a note in the guild roster" etc...like I had in my two previous attempts where I did die. So, I think I am okay, but I just wanted to cover my rear by bringing this to your attention. In all my days playing on Primal this has never happened so I was a bit shocked. I earnestly hope its no disqualifier. Thank you.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#568 » Post by Errorista » 22 Oct 2018 16:03

Tzakal wrote:
20 Oct 2018 06:25
Hello :)

Dralz has completed the challange and succesfully dinged 70 without dying.

Requesting to be moved to the completed list.

Thanks.
Did you claim reward here? https://truewow.org/ironman

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#569 » Post by Errorista » 22 Oct 2018 16:16

heartsofspace wrote:
22 Oct 2018 14:21

Hi, congrats to Dralz for making it to the finish! Thanks for all your advice.

Its me again with another issue. I was on the taxi to Ironforge from Menethil Harbor and I alt-tabbed my wow client for about 30 seconds. When I returned I was dead with a blank skybox. I saw no message or log saying "you have died and failed the ironman challenge, please make a note in the guild roster" etc...like I had in my two previous attempts where I did die. So, I think I am okay, but I just wanted to cover my rear by bringing this to your attention. In all my days playing on Primal this has never happened so I was a bit shocked. I earnestly hope its no disqualifier. Thank you.
we will take this into consideration if you reach level 70, I don't see your death in ironman log so maybe it did not count anyway

dragonheart

#570 » Post by dragonheart » 25 Oct 2018 11:06

Hello,

I am not sure what killed me here as the ironman log only shows "Tyll was slain by Tyll (Health: 1063 Damage: 1063 - 0 Overkill)". Now I was just turning in the quest and came out of the room and was killed, which i think is a result of a bug. Can this be reverted?
https://imgur.com/a/WTTSFzd