The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
dragonralith

Re: TW / PW: The Ironman Challenge.

#646 » Post by dragonralith » 09 Aug 2019 20:45

Ironman Feranite here!

I am considering returning for another round. I am on a new computer and would have to reinstall (et al) to get back to it. How active is this challenge on the server(s)? Any new rules since 2017? I browsed the front page for victors and still only see a handful of names. I have a lot of catching up to do before I make a decision, but am interested.

Talk to me!

Axis
Senior Game Master

#647 » Post by Axis » 10 Aug 2019 00:03

dragonralith wrote:
09 Aug 2019 20:45
Ironman Feranite here!

I am considering returning for another round. I am on a new computer and would have to reinstall (et al) to get back to it. How active is this challenge on the server(s)? Any new rules since 2017? I browsed the front page for victors and still only see a handful of names. I have a lot of catching up to do before I make a decision, but am interested.

Talk to me!
The challenge is being done on both realms at the moment.
The rules have been the same as the ones posted in the first post. The only additions have been some clarifications provided for the challenge on TW realm.
Proceed at your convenience.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

ohcul

#648 » Post by ohcul » 23 Aug 2019 19:43

Hello, my would-be ironman character is "Ironarrow" (not a very witty name, but at least on topic). She died because of a power outage. I was running mounted in the (southern parts of the bone wastes) and I passed near some mobs (some skeletons and ghosts), which started to run after me. Right then my PC powered off, and when I logged back in later, my character was dead! If I wasn't mounted, my pet would be there and probably would be able to hold the mobs long enough (the server was about to restart in a few minutes). But I had no way of knowing that a power outage would occur.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#649 » Post by Axis » 23 Aug 2019 23:40

ohcul wrote:
23 Aug 2019 19:43
Hello, my would-be ironman character is "Ironarrow" (not a very witty name, but at least on topic). She died because of a power outage. I was running mounted in the (southern parts of the bone wastes) and I passed near some mobs (some skeletons and ghosts), which started to run after me. Right then my PC powered off, and when I logged back in later, my character was dead! If I wasn't mounted, my pet would be there and probably would be able to hold the mobs long enough (the server was about to restart in a few minutes). But I had no way of knowing that a power outage would occur.
Your Ironman status has been reinstated. You are free to proceed at your convenience.
Good luck.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

ohcul

#650 » Post by ohcul » 31 Aug 2019 18:24

Axis wrote:
23 Aug 2019 23:40
ohcul wrote:
23 Aug 2019 19:43
Your Ironman status has been reinstated. You are free to proceed at your convenience.
Good luck.
Thank you very much! :)

hklmmmm

#651 » Post by hklmmmm » 22 Sep 2019 18:13

Hi, I seemed to have died when I equipped a Stein for the Brewfest. I do not feel that it is appropriate, since I required a Stein to get drunk. Please restore my toon to it's proper Ironman Bloodthirsty status. I have a screen shot but do not know how to place it on this post.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#652 » Post by Axis » 22 Sep 2019 18:21

hklmmmm wrote:
22 Sep 2019 18:13
Hi, I seemed to have died when I equipped a Stein for the Brewfest. I do not feel that it is appropriate, since I required a Stein to get drunk. Please restore my toon to it's proper Ironman Bloodthirsty status. I have a screen shot but do not know how to place it on this post.
Please contact me on Discord (Axis#3892) and show me evidence of your issue.
ImageImageImage

twgamernerd

#653 » Post by twgamernerd » 22 Sep 2019 18:47

hklmmmm wrote:
22 Sep 2019 18:13
I seriously doubt that by equipping an item... it caused your character to die. There is more to this story and you're obviously not willing to share it. Stop kidding yourself and stop trying to obtain a title that you didn't earn. You died. You start over. #sorrynotsorry. :cross:

Axis
Senior Game Master

#654 » Post by Axis » 23 Sep 2019 02:24

I've viewed the evidence. The rules are crystal clear about allowing only white items. Request denied.
ImageImageImage

Emmers

#655 » Post by Emmers » 24 Sep 2019 20:10

Oozer is trying again!! ^_^

Question: I see a LOT of stuff in the Guildbank - other than tabards. Are we now allowed to take items from the guildbank?

Thx!

Axis
Senior Game Master

#656 » Post by Axis » 25 Sep 2019 01:08

Emmers wrote:
24 Sep 2019 20:10
Oozer is trying again!! ^_^

Question: I see a LOT of stuff in the Guildbank - other than tabards. Are we now allowed to take items from the guildbank?

Thx!
The Ironman guild vault only contains some basic items to get you started on the challenge.
Take only what you need. Return the tabard once you finish or fail the challenge.
Good luck.
ImageImageImage

dragonheart

#657 » Post by dragonheart » 28 Sep 2019 17:23

Hello,
My last try failed and I deleted the character and started a new one with a new name, but I forgot to signup to the ironman challenge. And now my character is level 13, and I cannot singup from the game. Would it be possible to add my character to the challenge?

Character name Keedron.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#658 » Post by Axis » 28 Sep 2019 18:09

dragonheart wrote:
28 Sep 2019 17:23
Hello,
My last try failed and I deleted the character and started a new one with a new name, but I forgot to signup to the ironman challenge. And now my character is level 13, and I cannot singup from the game. Would it be possible to add my character to the challenge?

Character name Keedron.
Make a fresh character and sign up from the start, before you start leveling.
This is a player error and does not require us to intervene. Partially leveled characters will not be admitted to the challenge.

Good luck.
ImageImageImage

Slender

#659 » Post by Slender » 04 Oct 2019 23:21

So I finally made it to 80, but it looks like it didn't properly register. As i didn't get any message on my chat nor did the webpage that tracks the leveling achievments, this is probably due to the deaths i had along the way.

I would like to ask a final time if it's possible to claim the mount on a char that i have on another account, and if it isn't, has a solution been found for people that already have 10 chars on 1 account?

Axis
Senior Game Master

#660 » Post by Axis » 04 Oct 2019 23:35

Slender wrote:
04 Oct 2019 23:21
So I finally made it to 80, but it looks like it didn't properly register. As i didn't get any message on my chat nor did the webpage that tracks the leveling achievments, this is probably due to the deaths i had along the way.

I would like to ask a final time if it's possible to claim the mount on a char that i have on another account, and if it isn't, has a solution been found for people that already have 10 chars on 1 account?
Greetings,

Congratulations on hitting level 80.
Just submit a ticket in-game when you are next online and I will personally take care of this issue.

As for the mount, it will be granted to a character of your choice on the same account as the Ironman character.
Rule 6 of the Ironman Challenge clearly states this:
https://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=35630

As for your question:
It wasn't considered a major issue to warrant a debate as of yet but you may post a suggestion on it if you wish (about already having 10 characters and the complication it presents).
I will bring it up with the staff thereafter.

Regards.
ImageImageImage