The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
.Venna
Donor

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#46 » Post by .Venna » 12 Aug 2016 02:41

vlad0002 wrote:Applying for the ironman challange: - Zugzugman-Orc-Hunter

My main on the server is Villrock-Troll-Mage-lvl60

Questions: - are addons allowed ?
- am I allowed to spend skill points ?
- can I start now or do I have to wait for something ?
Welcome to the Challenge. UI addons are fine. Questing/leveling guides are not. Yes you may spend skill points. You don't have to wait for anything but it's a good idea to be acknowledged in some way (either by being in the list or in the guild) before you go past level 10.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

Gnurg

#47 » Post by Gnurg » 12 Aug 2016 09:21

How come talents are allowed? The offical IMC/BTC didn't allow, and it makes it a breeze to level as a BM hunter.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

.Venna
Donor

#48 » Post by .Venna » 12 Aug 2016 11:25

Gnurg wrote:How come talents are allowed? The offical IMC/BTC didn't allow, and it makes it a breeze to level as a BM hunter.
Because this is Primal and Wrath based. On live talents are different, you get like five(?) for 100 levels so not having talents makes no difference, really. Here talents make a massive difference and if they were no allowed, it is unlikely an untalented player could kill equal levels after about 40.
Primalwow.

Dewbacca

#49 » Post by Dewbacca » 12 Aug 2016 18:06

Gnurg wrote:How come talents are allowed? The offical IMC/BTC didn't allow, and it makes it a breeze to level as a BM hunter.
I noted the difference as well and would like to point out we are a private server and have a lot more disconnects than live.
As to the "makes it a breeze to lvl as BM Hunter"... please demonstrate.

I AGREE BM hunter is a strong class for this challenge. Never the less, it is STILL a challenge, not a "breeze".

If it is as easy as you say, you should have a max lvl 60 BM hunter as per Primal Rules in no time... right?
Tell me again, where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

Hairbrush

#50 » Post by Hairbrush » 12 Aug 2016 21:06

Huntbrush was fatally wounded at level 9 by an unnoticed 2nd frost mage in Elwynn Forest. As I want to record my progress and upload it to the youTubes I will not be attempting the challenge until a later date.

Best wishes to everyone competeing! You've all got a Blessing of Kings every time I see you. :D

Relevant

#51 » Post by Relevant » 15 Aug 2016 05:22

Relevance is out.

Died by whelp at 16

siempjj
Donor

#52 » Post by siempjj » 15 Aug 2016 12:46

hunter lvl 12 died when trying to tame a Moonstalker Runt. I guess its not a bad idea to tame pets a little under your own level. ^^

Grashopa

#53 » Post by Grashopa » 01 Sep 2016 04:26

Killed by a DC, it happens several times per session and i knew it would catch up to me eventually (even though it has happend so many times this is the first time that it happned while i was in combat).

Due to sattelite internet i fear i will never be able to complete this challenge so regretfully i will not be starting a second attempt.

Edit: Ebet the NE Druid.
Last edited by Grashopa on 02 Sep 2016 02:06, edited 1 time in total.

spence1288

#54 » Post by spence1288 » 02 Sep 2016 01:56

Kailan the druid - died going after Malena's Head...

.Venna
Donor

#55 » Post by .Venna » 03 Sep 2016 12:21

Grashopa wrote:Killed by a DC, it happens several times per session and i knew it would catch up to me eventually (even though it has happend so many times this is the first time that it happned while i was in combat).

Due to sattelite internet i fear i will never be able to complete this challenge so regretfully i will not be starting a second attempt.

Edit: Ebet the NE Druid.
Sorry to hear that Ebet. Perhaps consider a pet class, which has some hope of surviving a disconnect in battle?

Whatever you decide, thanks for taking part in the Challenge.
Primalwow.

Skars

#56 » Post by Skars » 11 Sep 2016 11:13

Skars wrote:Ckapcku lvl 1 Undead Warrior Bloodthursty Challenger
died from elevator boss in UC; starting again; Again warrior, again Ckarcku, level 6 right now

Malone66

#57 » Post by Malone66 » 12 Sep 2016 02:49

Ironmeg (dwarf hunter) is level 9 and still alive. Might as well sign me up for Bloodthirsty too. ^^ Hopefully, I will survive the ordeal of taming a pet next level... If I make it, would enjoy joining the Ironman Contender guild. Haven't seen anyone on so far.

Edited to add: Nearly 13 and still alive!

Had a very close call when my vanity drove me to try to tame Mangeclaw, an all-white bear in the passes above Loch Modan. We were equal level. I don't have Freezing Trap yet, so the best I could do was start with a concussive shot, cease shooting, slap on my dwarven stonform ability and beam love at her. Mangeclaw, alas, likes to Ravage - a blow that breaks pet taming. Each time she did it, I would have to run away to survive. On the fifth attempt, at 15% health, I managed to tame the beast at last! The newly reformed Mangeclaw is now my dear companion, Pearl.

Edited to also add: When a red leather 8-slot bag dropped of a Defias Trapper today, I felt like I'd won the lottery! Thank you, Dana, for this awesome challenge.

Malone66

#58 » Post by Malone66 » 13 Sep 2016 05:13

Augh! Apparently the game thinks I died, even though I did not. I got on a bird from Loch Modan to IF and stepped away from the keyboard while in flight. WhenI came back, I was standing (alive) in a graveyard by Gol'Bolar Quarry. Apparently that counted as a death. Put me on the honored dead list please, and Ironmegtwo will be rolling shortly! Going for Bloodthirsty again.

Edited to add: Ironmegtwo is now level 12 (and avoiding all airborne transport atm).

kronic

#59 » Post by kronic » 10 Oct 2016 14:05

.Venna
Donor

#60 » Post by .Venna » 10 Oct 2016 15:28

kronic wrote:http://www.truewow.org/armory/character ... an&realm=p has green pants with +2agi
Thanks for that Kronic, I'll let him know he is out of the challenge.
Primalwow.