The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Thesisko

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#781 » Post by Thesisko » 01 May 2021 22:38

Once again - Martok death by LAG.

I had a lag from unknown reason: Returned and apparently a crocolisk killed me in the road

It doesn't show the killing blow though ... still trying to figure this out?

I am really beginning to appreciate just how HARD this Ironman thing really is ...

Requesting a reset? I am really sorry to have to do this for a second time :(

Dabeer

#782 » Post by Dabeer » 04 May 2021 01:49

I just experienced pretty much a worst-case scenario related to the known bugs with pet pathing, and didn't have the presence of mind to screenshot it while desperately trying to stay alive and so now have very little proof of this claim, but here goes.

I was killing Bleeding Hollow Grunts to collect Cursed Talisman in Hellfire Peninsula. My pet was fighting three Grunts and doing fine when a Wolf Rider aggro'd me. I used Feign Death and the Wolf Rider aggro'd my pet. My pet chased a Grunt up the mountain as I released from FD to keep fighting. Then my pet got stuck on terrain and the mobs all evaded, then my pet despawned. The mobs (2 Grunts, a Wolf Rider, and his Wolf edit: from the screenshot it seems maybe 2 wolves?) returned to their spots, then immediately aggro'd me. Having already used FD, I tried to run, popped pots, Gift of the Naaru, etc, but ended up dead before I could go far at all.

Edit: When I say "Stuck on terrain" I mean that it was up on the slope, at an angle where it's feet weren't contacting the ground, and it wasn't moving, or attempting to move, not making any actions such as attacking, and not responding to my commands to attack different targets.

The only screenshot I have is after the death, and my combat log is completely out of order and doesn't show this death at all.

Is there any hope for this to be reversed?

Character: Alcippe

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#783 » Post by Dymond » 04 May 2021 02:30

Deaths cleared for both Alcippe and Martok. If you feel server is lagging please try later when your connection is more stable.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Dabeer

#784 » Post by Dabeer » 04 May 2021 07:38

Dymond wrote:
04 May 2021 02:30
Deaths cleared for both Alcippe and Martok. If you feel server is lagging please try later when your connection is more stable.
Thank you. Not sure mine was lag-related, because I've been having a lot of pet pathing problems, where the pet gets stuck or refuses to attack... but I'll definitely keep the potential for lag problems in mind.

Thesisko

#785 » Post by Thesisko » 04 May 2021 14:29

Dymond wrote:
04 May 2021 02:30
I agree! If I am spotting some lag I hearth and switch to a non-Ironman character.

Sometimes though, it just comes randomly out of nowhere.

Dabeer

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#786 » Post by Dabeer » 05 May 2021 05:58

.Venna wrote:
04 Jun 2017 05:52
TheTrygianLorekeeper wrote:
03 Jun 2017 20:30
Ah crapnuggets. If outgoing mail from a contestant is returned(due to timeout), what do we do? I believe Portio may have "received" auto-returned mail.
receiving outgoing mail back is fine, you sent it in the first place so it is no trouble to get it back.
Just to clarify, what if the outgoing mail was not auto-returned but was directly returned by the recipient? The mail in my Ironman's mailbox shows no indication that it is a return, except that is has the message I originally sent.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#787 » Post by Dymond » 05 May 2021 12:15

You can just leave it there. After a month it will get deleted.

Dabeer

#788 » Post by Dabeer » 05 May 2021 15:38

Dymond wrote:
05 May 2021 12:15
You can just leave it there. After a month it will get deleted.
Sure, but then I lose the item :)

I guess I'll just have to get to 80 before it expires!

omardemiro94

#789 » Post by omardemiro94 » 13 May 2021 14:48

https://drive.google.com/file/d/186ZyXV ... sp=sharing

Thank you to the GMs for the continuous support through the challenge <3
And thank you all contenders for all the tips/advice and being an awesome community to play with <3

jengrath

#790 » Post by jengrath » 14 May 2021 23:30

Hey everyone!

As a novel post from me, a death not from disconnecting... but a game bug.

My level 73 hunter Nekkid stepped off of a shuttle in Howling Fjord... the gondola that brings you down to the walrus guy's island at Kamagua. I arrived, stepped off, and instantly died.

After I stopped cursing, I checked the game log, and it says that I fell for 5.4 k damage. I took a screen shot, showing the death location and the combat log... it's clearly impossible. I couldn't even have fallen from a flying mount, don't get those until level 77.

My corpse is still there.. go to the gondola point at Kamagua, and you'll see me on the ground :( Nothing around me, clearly nothing I could have fallen off of.

Hoping something can be done... I mean, level 73... I have the screenshot saved, just need to figure out how to post it.
At worst, I can email it to someone who can post on my behalf.

As an aside, the death isn't registered on the dashboard.

(Edited to add my char name... Nekkid, who had the pet named Afraid... so it's Nekkid and Afraid running around)

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#791 » Post by Dymond » 15 May 2021 03:13

Did you create a screenshot?

jengrath

#792 » Post by jengrath » 15 May 2021 04:37

I did, just getting some help uploading it... lets see if this works!

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=610

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#793 » Post by Dymond » 15 May 2021 14:09

Death cleared for player Nekkid successfully.

These transports are have known issues. Please avoid them when ever possible.

jengrath

#794 » Post by jengrath » 15 May 2021 15:11

Thanks, all.

And absolutely, won't be using them again! I actually never had used it before, either in retail or TW, and saw it and said "cool, a gondola, have to give that a try".... live and learn (or, in this case, die and learn)

Appreciate it! Now, 7 more levels without any oopses...

Dabeer

#795 » Post by Dabeer » 17 May 2021 15:49

So, I'm gonna need another reset... Did The Cleansing, dismissed the Slow Fall buff, then rode down the mountain. As I was riding back toward Fort Wildevar, I guess I tripped over that railroad tie in the road, because I was suddenly dead. Log says fall damage, but there's nothing I could have fallen from.