The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Karayna

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#406 » Post by Karayna » 26 Jul 2017 02:54

Varrex, Human Rogue, going for Ironman since i want to experience the quests of yesteryear :D

Update:
I did not see the 3rd and 4th murloc behind the tree. time to reroll >:(

rerolling as Varrexx

Karayna

#407 » Post by Karayna » 28 Jul 2017 02:17

Are rogues allowed to use poisons?? not that i'm lvl 20 yet, but just wondering

btw, lvl 13 on Varrexx and going strong!!

Karayna

#408 » Post by Karayna » 01 Aug 2017 04:29

Varrexx is dead. Unable to out run a Redridge Mystic lightning bolt. Made it level 19.

And so I'd like to introduce:

Varrexz, Human Rogue.

Ximi

#409 » Post by Ximi » 01 Aug 2017 15:21

You know that after you die, you can delete the character and restart with the same name, right?

Just so you don't get to Varrenexxzzyyww.

.Venna
Donor

#410 » Post by .Venna » 01 Aug 2017 15:31

Ximi wrote:
01 Aug 2017 15:21
You know that after you die, you can delete the character and restart with the same name, right?

Just so you don't get to Varrenexxzzyyww.
Not _everyone_ takes twelve tries to get to level cap 8) *I* might have but most people probably won't.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

Robocup

#411 » Post by Robocup » 06 Aug 2017 16:24

So I was in Ghostlands doing the quest to poison the trolls food when I blinked(i am a mage) and I ended up behind a hill and fell off the world and died.Also I was not in combat. Here are the screenshots I took:

Does this classify as a server glitch or I should just accept it and just move on?
Edit: The armory says Im alive because I got auto resurrected while writing this.

Grimalkin

#412 » Post by Grimalkin » 06 Aug 2017 18:00

Hi folks.

Just signed up and I just want to make sure I got all right. Tried to flip through the thread but I'll admit I don't have the patience to read all of it.

Since I am a pally a.k.a. a healing class, my own spells used on myself won't disqualify me, right? And my own class buffs (blessings/auras) are also ok? I assume my racial heal (Gift of the Naaru) is allowed as well? I think I may have already used it, not sure though.

What about talents that give a passive benefit that doesn't have a direct impact on combat but just generally makes your life easier, like a movement speed increase?

The rules mention no buff foods, but I assume normal food/drinks are fine?

Sorry if I am asking about thinks already cleared up, I just don't want to do stupid mistakes.

Brennus

#413 » Post by Brennus » 06 Aug 2017 21:52

Grimalkin wrote:
06 Aug 2017 18:00
Hi folks.
Hey, Grimalkin.

Yes, I think everything you mentioned is okay and won't disqualify you.

I'll try to elaborate more and quote official statements when possible.

I hope this helps you out... but remember:
Someone, once, wrote:Patience is a virtue!
Someone, once, wrote:Patience, young grasshopper.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Grimalkin wrote:
Since I am a pally a.k.a. a healing class, my own spells used on myself won't disqualify me, right? And my own class buffs (blessings/auras) are also ok? I assume my racial heal (Gift of the Naaru) is allowed as well? I think I may have already used it, not sure though.
Yes. ^_^

.Venna wrote:
07 Aug 2016 05:50
Class abilities, racials and personal buffs (eg. Kings if you're a Paladin) are okay! If a mage/druid/paladin etc runs past and buffs you, that is fine, asking them to buff you is not.

Grimalkin wrote:
What about talents that give a passive benefit that doesn't have a direct impact on combat but just generally makes your life easier, like a movement speed increase?
Yes. :P
It doesn't matter if they give you a passive effect or an active ability. They are all allowed.

.Venna wrote:
You may use your talents and spec changes are allowed.
.Venna wrote:
07 Aug 2016 05:55
Q: Am I allowed to spend skill points ?
A: I presume you mean Talent points for specs and yes you may spend them.

Grimalkin wrote:
The rules mention no buff foods, but I assume normal food/drinks are fine?
I could not really find anything on the subject, but it's fine I suppose.

.Venna wrote:
No Potions or Flasks to be used. (Health and mana pots only are ok - we are talking about spellpower pots, agility pots etc) This includes Healthstones if you are not a Warlock.

The way I see it, if health and mana potions (the ones that instantly restore health/mana) are fine, then why not normal food?
Also, levelling up with no eating/drinking whatsoever would be very painful...

As a rule of thumb:
.Venna wrote:
You may use anything that is available to your character's class and spec that does not break the rules

I guess that's it.
Welcome to the challenge. Good luck!

Edit: typo.
Last edited by Brennus on 07 Aug 2017 02:36, edited 1 time in total.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

.Venna
Donor

#414 » Post by .Venna » 07 Aug 2017 01:38

Robocup wrote:
06 Aug 2017 16:24
So I was in Ghostlands doing the quest to poison the trolls food when I blinked(i am a mage) and I ended up behind a hill and fell off the world and died.Also I was not in combat.

Does this classify as a server glitch or I should just accept it and just move on?
Edit: The armory says Im alive because I got auto resurrected while writing this.
Sadly, blink and charge are specifically mentioned in the rules as ones that will not be restored. The reason for this is that I could end up restoring characters several times daily due to those bugs. What level were you? If you were over 30 I will consider it.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

Robocup

#415 » Post by Robocup » 07 Aug 2017 02:00

.Venna wrote:
07 Aug 2017 01:38
Robocup wrote:
06 Aug 2017 16:24
So I was in Ghostlands doing the quest to poison the trolls food when I blinked(i am a mage) and I ended up behind a hill and fell off the world and died.Also I was not in combat.

Sadly, blink and charge are specifically mentioned in the rules as ones that will not be restored. The reason for this is that I could end up restoring characters several times daily due to those bugs. What level were you? If you were over 30 I will consider it.
Sorry I just saw at the end of the rules the thing about blink and charge. I just hit level 20 so it isn't a big deal. Am I free to play with this character now(and level it normally) or I have to abandon it?

Brennus

#416 » Post by Brennus » 07 Aug 2017 02:48

Robocup wrote:
07 Aug 2017 02:00
Am I free to play with this character now(and level it normally) or I have to abandon it?
While you are no longer a challenger, you don't have to abandon your character; just level him up normally.

Unless, of course, you want to try the Challenge again with the same name.

.Venna wrote:
07 Aug 2017 01:38

Robocup wrote:
07 Aug 2017 02:00
I just hit level 20 so it isn't a big deal.
Well, if you want to try again, I wish you the best of luck!
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Peweezel

#417 » Post by Peweezel » 07 Aug 2017 14:02

Hey mates

Ill join the Ironman Challenge, Warrior named Ironpewee

Questions: is the Hearthstone allowed and am I allowed to get the riding skill once I hit lvl 30/60?

IronSharona
Former Staff

#418 » Post by IronSharona » 07 Aug 2017 19:34

Peweezel wrote:
07 Aug 2017 14:02
Hey mates

Ill join the Ironman Challenge, Warrior named Ironpewee

Questions: is the Hearthstone allowed and am I allowed to get the riding skill once I hit lvl 30/60?
Hearthstone is fine; riding is still currently locked to 40/60 but whenever you are able to get it, that is fine too!

Good luck!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Grimalkin

#419 » Post by Grimalkin » 12 Aug 2017 16:52

Sooo passing a random player today I buffed them by habit, completely not taking into account that they are a druid and might buff me back. I removed their buff as soon as I realized I had it, haven't killed anything while wearing it (was in a town anyway), so anyway wanted to ask, will this disqualify me or I am still in the game?

Just in case, here's a screesnshot showing me gaining and losing the mark, with nothing happening in between:

http://imgur.com/yqfyWI8

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#420 » Post by Errorista » 12 Aug 2017 17:08

Grimalkin wrote:
12 Aug 2017 16:52
Sooo passing a random player today I buffed them by habit, completely not taking into account that they are a druid and might buff me back. I removed their buff as soon as I realized I had it, haven't killed anything while wearing it (was in a town anyway), so anyway wanted to ask, will this disqualify me or I am still in the game?

Just in case, here's a screesnshot showing me gaining and losing the mark, with nothing happening in between:

http://imgur.com/yqfyWI8
you should be notified ingame that you failed the challenge or you can check log on https://truewow.org/ironman?ladder=default

in your case you did nothing wrong as state in rules

"No food buffs or other external buffs (including scrolls) are allowed. Class abilities, racials and personal buffs (eg. Kings if you're a Paladin) are okay! If a mage/druid/paladin etc runs past and buffs you, that is fine, asking them to buff you is not. "