The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#721 » Post by Errorista » 02 Dec 2020 15:58

Hello, Ironkidu can now continue with Ironman challenge.

I cannot really explain this either.

Skogar

#722 » Post by Skogar » 02 Dec 2020 17:32

Thank you Errorista!

My ironman candidate will leave the Hinterlands never to return...
Skogar - Ironman Contender
Falmari - proud owner of a Winterspring Frostsaber

Krepalina

#723 » Post by Krepalina » 15 Dec 2020 12:50

Hello

After avoiding death, buffs and green items for 71 levels my character Smee was killed unexpectedly after stepping down from a gondola in Howling Fjord.
Combat log says I died to fall damage which is a bit harsh cause the height was no more than 4 gnomes stacked.
You can see on the screenshot provided that I'm not making stuff up, there's no high enough structure around to fall from and I don't have flying to dismount to my death.

I'd like to continue with the challenge so please consider if I could be reinstated.

Thanks!

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#724 » Post by Errorista » 15 Dec 2020 15:22

Krepalina wrote:
15 Dec 2020 12:50
Hello

After avoiding death, buffs and green items for 71 levels my character Smee was killed unexpectedly after stepping down from a gondola in Howling Fjord.
Combat log says I died to fall damage which is a bit harsh cause the height was no more than 4 gnomes stacked.
You can see on the screenshot provided that I'm not making stuff up, there's no high enough structure around to fall from and I don't have flying to dismount to my death.

I'd like to continue with the challenge so please consider if I could be reinstated.

Thanks!

"Death cleared for player Smee successfully."

Krepalina

#725 » Post by Krepalina » 16 Dec 2020 12:26

Errorista wrote:
15 Dec 2020 15:22
"Death cleared for player Smee successfully."
Thank you very much.

I tested The Great Lift some more on another character to see if my death was a fluke and it happened every time when I repeated the same process. Get on the lift, ride it down, step down from the gondola directly on the snow, die. 4 tries = 4 deaths.

Player Zerobrains reported a year ago that he died after stepping down from the platform. I tried that too and it didn't kill me, only stepping down directly from the gondola killed me.

In any case, to all future ironman contenders, I wholeheartedly suggest to use the path which is located to the northwest of The Great Lift, about 30 seconds riding. It will take you to the sea level and Kamagua is a very short swimming distance away. Save yourself the Lift Boss fight. :D

Coldiep

#726 » Post by Coldiep » 18 Dec 2020 11:49

Got randomly dismounted mid-flight, was flying from the Aldor's terrace to Skettis. Game freezed a bit prior to dismount, but the autoflight was toggled on. The game have been lagging lately, couldn't even finish the 3 entry quests there in 2 tries (HS'ed out as the lags came both previous times). Dunno whether it's my client or the server, but this time I wasn't lucky to be on foot. Reinstall Coldiep, please, if deemed possible. Best regards.
Edit: could it be connected with adding the pet prior to the start of the flight? It dismounts, IIRC, and the queue may had thrown it into the mix with the flight? Nothing else I can think of...

Axis
Senior Game Master

#727 » Post by Axis » 18 Dec 2020 21:53

Coldiep wrote:
Reinstated. Proceed at own discretion.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Coldiep

#728 » Post by Coldiep » 18 Dec 2020 22:11

Axis wrote:
18 Dec 2020 21:53
Reinstated. Proceed at own discretion.
Thanks, really appreciate it!

TheChuck

#729 » Post by TheChuck » 20 Dec 2020 00:30

Bipolarogue, level 50, has died. Lagged out during a fight. I play on windows xp, it was going to happen sooner or later.
I wont give yet though, but right now its time for some self reflection.

LostIsland

#730 » Post by LostIsland » 20 Dec 2020 22:17

Signed up on Sala the 'lock, having fun, and learning to play more cautiously than any of my other characters ever.

Krepalina

#731 » Post by Krepalina » 03 Jan 2021 18:49

Hello. I have dinged lvl80 recently on character Smee but am unable to claim the reward. My character dinging 80 also didn't show up in "Latest Events" on ironman page.

When I enter character name on Ironman dashboard it shows "Character not found".

I believe this is due to me dying at lvl71 to a bug which has been cleared as you can see a few posts above this one. :)
Similar thing happened to Ironkidu after he died and was reinstated, his dinging lvl50 was not recorded by "Latest Events" on ironman page.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#732 » Post by Dymond » 03 Jan 2021 19:13

Resolved in game, Congratulations! Smee!
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Klick17

#733 » Post by Klick17 » 04 Jan 2021 00:32

Question: If i sign up for the ironman challenge in the game, what will the difficulty settings of the challenge be despite the rules that were given on how to play it accordingly? meaning including the rules of the ironman challenge, how will the play style be as ironman contender between tough, hard, and impossible?
Tough i see that as a sort of easy way, Hard is somewhere in the middle of the 2, and impossible as something too difficult to even try doing. :| :?:

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#734 » Post by Dymond » 04 Jan 2021 01:06

There has been several players complete this challenge. On a scale of 1-10 in saying how difficult it is, I would say a 8 only bloodthirsty would be a 10+ :). Picking a class that has a good survival rate is best. Gl at the not dying part. So to answer your question. Hard
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Dabeer

#735 » Post by Dabeer » 04 Jan 2021 16:03

Difficulty is in the eye of the beholder. Both Ironman and Bloodthirsty are difficult, without a doubt. Having tried both, and not having succeeded yet, here's my take:

Ironman: Leveling is faster, but quests take you into dangerous areas and situations, leading to more chances for death. Plenty of gold for skills.
Bloodthirsty: Boring and slow, but safer IF you study where and what to kill. Less gold, sometimes not enough for skills.

Other than not dying, the primary difficulties for both are:
- learning not to equip green/blue/purple/etc items
- learning not to consume buff foods, elixirs, etc
- learning to always have an escape route (avoid caves!)

We've got a pretty good population in the guild to provide support and advice. If you're thinking about it, stop thinking - do it!