The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
blagovest_tonev

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#151 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 25 Feb 2017 07:20

Jinty wrote:Just need to clarify something ... I am currently level 29 and have not used any talent points yet ... are we permitted to use them? I was told by some others that we could but thought to check first before doing so. It isn't clear to me in the rules list.
.Venna wrote:
FAQ
Q: Am I allowed to spend skill points ?

A: Yes you may spend skill points.

Jinty

#152 » Post by Jinty » 25 Feb 2017 07:24

thanks venna, i didnt entirely understand the term "skill" as meaning "talent" lol *doh me - so now to spend 20 of the little blighters ...

yannerlues

#153 » Post by yannerlues » 25 Feb 2017 09:53

Erm, was I disqualified? If so what for?
Zerkoss troll warrior

.Venna
Donor

#154 » Post by .Venna » 25 Feb 2017 10:20

yannerlues wrote:Erm, was I disqualified? If so what for?
Zerkoss troll warrior
Sadly, you ate a Catcus Apple Surprise, which is a buff food.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

yannerlues

#155 » Post by yannerlues » 25 Feb 2017 10:26

FUCK! I knew i shouldve messaged about that. I immediately took it off... why did it take so long to DQ me, and why didn't I get a message?

I didn't realize the item was a food buff item, thought it was a regular one.
Last edited by yannerlues on 25 Feb 2017 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

yannerlues

#156 » Post by yannerlues » 25 Feb 2017 11:04

.Venna wrote:
yannerlues wrote:Erm, was I disqualified? If so what for?
Zerkoss troll warrior
Sadly, you ate a Catcus Apple Surprise, which is a buff food.
Is the DQ a done deal?

(see my previous post, forgot to quote you on it)

.Venna
Donor

#157 » Post by .Venna » 25 Feb 2017 11:12

yannerlues wrote:FUCK! I knew i shouldve messaged about that. I immediately took it off... why did it take so long to DQ me, and why didn't I get a message?

Yeah it registers on the armoury. I don't check everything everyone eats every time although I do try for most. You must have slipped through the cracks. And I did message you, it was in my outbox for ages. I am really sorry you got dq.

Here is a copy of what I sent

Hi there,

Your ironman character ate a Cactus Apple Surprise, which is a buff food and disqualifies you from the competition.

I am aware this was probably an oversight on your part but I have to adhere to the rules of the competition to be fair to all comers. Please feel free to begin another character.

Dana/Venna.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

yannerlues

#158 » Post by yannerlues » 25 Feb 2017 11:16

.Venna wrote:
yannerlues wrote:FUCK! I knew i shouldve messaged about that. I immediately took it off... why did it take so long to DQ me, and why didn't I get a message?

Yeah it registers on the armoury. I don't check everything everyone eats every time although I do try for most. You must have slipped through the cracks. And I did message you, it was in my outbox for ages. I am really sorry you got dq.

Hi there,

Your ironman character ate a Cactus Apple Surprise, which is a buff food and disqualifies you from the competition.

I am aware this was probably an oversight on your part but I have to adhere to the rules of the competition to be fair to all comers. Please feel free to begin another character.

Dana/Venna.
You messaged me where? I have no PMs here...

yannerlues

#159 » Post by yannerlues » 25 Feb 2017 11:18

.Venna wrote:

Hi there,

Dana/Venna.
what a shameyou allow me to get over lvl 20 but dq me for something that happened at what, level 5? you have got to be kidding me...

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#160 » Post by Errorista » 25 Feb 2017 12:11

yannerlues wrote:
.Venna wrote:

Hi there,

Dana/Venna.
what a shameyou allow me to get over lvl 20 but dq me for something that happened at what, level 5? you have got to be kidding me...
You can be disqualified at any time even at level 59. You knew you broke the rules at level 5 and continued regardless. Well, thats kinda your fault. Its not that difficult to start again if you missclicked food buff at level 5.

yannerlues

#161 » Post by yannerlues » 25 Feb 2017 13:54

Errorista wrote:
yannerlues wrote:
.Venna wrote:

Hi there,

Dana/Venna.
You can be disqualified at any time even at level 59. You knew you broke the rules at level 5 and continued regardless. Well, thats kinda your fault. Its not that difficult to start again if you missclicked food buff at level 5.
OF COURSE i can be dqed at any time... my point is the scale of the "offense". i didn't even consider it breaking the rules because i IMMEDIATELY clicked it off AND NO ONE CONTACTED ME AND I MADE IT TO THE LIST I THINK TWICE. THATS MY PROBLEM HERE. THAT IS WHY I DIDN't BOTHER MESSAGING AFTERWARDS, CUZ I THOUGHT It DIDNT MATTER! i really hope you can understand this...

Castorius

#162 » Post by Castorius » 25 Feb 2017 14:42

Fengshui - Undead Rogue
(Died once, rerolled again)
Going for Ironman this time!

Btw, can I send the old bags(white quality 8-10 slots) I used on my previous ironman challenge characters to my new one, or is that against the rules?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Castorius on 25 Feb 2017 22:23, edited 2 times in total.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#163 » Post by Errorista » 25 Feb 2017 15:05

Castorius wrote:Fengshui - Orc Rogue
Going for Ironman this time!

Btw, can I send the old bags(white quality 8-10 slots) I used on my previous ironman challenge characters to my new one, or is that against the rules?
Thanks in advance.
you cannot send anything to Ironman characters

timeconsumer

#164 » Post by timeconsumer » 25 Feb 2017 15:25

Thefeed wrote:I need a verification of success for my character Ironglevin please when you get the chance Dana. I have finally hit 60 and survived.
Congrats!
Preaux - PrimalWoW

timeconsumer

#165 » Post by timeconsumer » 25 Feb 2017 15:47

yannerlues wrote:OF COURSE i can be dqed at any time... my point is the scale of the "offense". i didn't even consider it breaking the rules because i IMMEDIATELY clicked it off AND NO ONE CONTACTED ME AND I MADE IT TO THE LIST I THINK TWICE. THATS MY PROBLEM HERE. THAT IS WHY I DIDN't BOTHER MESSAGING AFTERWARDS, CUZ I THOUGHT It DIDNT MATTER! i really hope you can understand this...
I'm not staff, so don't take my opinion as that of a staff member, but I am an ironman and have some perspective on this.

I hate zero-tolerance policies. Life is too complicated to be black and white. However, with this challenge I understand why they have taken the position they have. There are 2 people moderating the 40+ challengers. These people have many other responsibilities on this server as well. They simply do not have time to weigh each offense, find a suitable punishment, and ensure that their leniency does not get abused within the scope and spirit of this challenge. Therefore they unfortunately have to take the zero-tolerance approach.

As far as the delay, I can tell you it is very difficult to check each contestant thoroughly (I do it myself sometimes, though unofficially). If it took a few extra days or whatnot before they found it, it's unfortunate you lost a little time gaining those levels. But this challenge is for those who persevere. Try it again!
Preaux - PrimalWoW