The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
ninuanni

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#856 » Post by ninuanni » 05 Oct 2021 06:46

Thank you xartiex! Your support means a lot :) this challenge is a lot of fun but sometimes it can be hard to continue. (I find myself extremely curious who you play - but maybe I'll figure it out?)

I'm at 46 now and making logs of what's almost killed me. Notable are Prince Raze - who looks like a pushover but will hit you with a charged magic missile for about 95% of your health if you're at level with him - and a quest I took to dowse at Sandsorrow Watch... I didn't check the quest level and I'm largely unfamiliar with the game so I was jumpscared when a level 48 (I was then 42) spider spawned on me. Luckily I could feign + let my pet take aggro and then run LMAO
Main: Sarai
Ironman Advice

ninuanni

#857 » Post by ninuanni » 05 Oct 2021 22:12

It looks like there's a fun new error popping up (and not just for me but for Ironkidu as well, looking at the Ironman page) - every time we do a quest we get told that we did more than 75 and that we're disqualified for Bloodthirsty. Which is cool and all but... I at least was never doing Bloodthirsty in the first place?

Hopefully this can get patched!
Ironman Advice

Eli_William
Donor

#858 » Post by Eli_William » 06 Oct 2021 19:03

true that,
and while flooding with that notice,
some howe it didn't show me just getting to lvl 30 on Deaimshammy.
looks like some bits needs to straightened out

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#859 » Post by Dymond » 07 Oct 2021 00:41

jengrath wrote:
01 Oct 2021 01:03
Sorry to bother yet again...

Another bubble-hearth death. I bubbled, hearthed, and died about a second after after I arrived. The mob that killed me was Warp-Raider Nesaad, in Netherstorm... and you can see my corpse is where I was bound, in Terrokar at the inn.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=600

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=600

Between last hearth-death and this hearth-death, I had about 10 successful bubble hearths, if that's any consolation? :)

I'd appreciate it if it could be overturned... I'm even grinding through level 70 in the outlands, before going to northrend!
Death cleared for player Metalclad successfully.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Skogar

#860 » Post by Skogar » 07 Oct 2021 23:46

Hi everyone,

Here's the short version: are Redcap Toadstools allowed?

As I continue to level (knock on wood) I’m becoming more interested in first aid. The strong anti-venom bandages are no longer effective in Outland, given my experience.

I bought a few Powerful Anti-Venom Bandages from the AHBot. They require first-aid skill of 300. The formula to create them is an Argent Dawn faction item, but given that it’s not allowed to equip the Argent Dawn Commission, it’s unlikely I’ll pursue that path.

There is an item purchased from the Sporeggar Quartermaster called Redcap Toadstool. The faction required to make this purchase is fairly easy to obtain. It’s a Common item that removes 1 poison effect while debuffing nature resistance by 50 (the debuff lasts one minute).

So it has a debuff component, not a buff, but the flags used to disqualify an ironman contender may not make that distinction.

A while back, a few months back actually, conversation in guild chat converged to a “better safe than sorry” mindset. So my former ironman contender never tested these things. Are the Redcap Toadstools allowed?
Skogar - Ironman Contender
Falmari - proud owner of a Winterspring Frostsaber

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#861 » Post by Dymond » 08 Oct 2021 12:07

Try checking on the ptr.

ninuanni

#862 » Post by ninuanni » 09 Oct 2021 01:05

Made it to level 55! Having a DK to scout areas out and figure out safe paths is exciting. My friends had thought I'd have to wait another five levels to get to Light's Hope.

Really do think hunter is the easiest class for this. The pet is nice, but feign death has saved my life way too many times to count.

"buzz off, I'm dead! I'm sooo dead!"

It's really nice for when you're minding your own business and then suddenly 5 crimson couriers bum rush you and knock you down to 30% in two hits.
Ironman Advice

Skogar

#863 » Post by Skogar » 09 Oct 2021 17:22

So I did some testing on the PTR. I used food with a stat buff as the control variable.

Neither the Argent Dawn Commission nor the Redcap Toadstool disqualified the ironman contender, but the food did.

Guidance would be appreciated.

It's a tough challenge, and I'd like a way to mitigate the threat of the higher-level poisons, but not if this would be seen as outside the spirit of the competition.

Schism
Game Master

#864 » Post by Schism » 12 Oct 2021 15:20

Skogar wrote:
09 Oct 2021 17:22
So I did some testing on the PTR. I used food with a stat buff as the control variable.

Neither the Argent Dawn Commission nor the Redcap Toadstool disqualified the ironman contender, but the food did.

Guidance would be appreciated.

It's a tough challenge, and I'd like a way to mitigate the threat of the higher-level poisons, but not if this would be seen as outside the spirit of the competition.
Argent Dawn Commission is allowed as it does not provide any sort of buff. The crafted anti-poison recipe is also allowed as part of the First Aid profession.

Redcap Toadstools are not permitted, as they are not a crafted First Aid item.

Skogar

#865 » Post by Skogar » 16 Oct 2021 22:33

Thanks for the information, and allowing the use of the argent dawn commission.

Skogar

#866 » Post by Skogar » 18 Oct 2021 07:02

Earlier this evening, I got a low battery message and my laptop shut down. When this happened the battery was charging while the laptop was plugged into a wall outlet. As far as I can tell, the battery just died. It will no longer charge.

I've never seen a laptop shutdown due to a dead battery while plugged into a wall outlet. Afterwards I had to remove the battery to get the laptop to run.

So Ironkidu died. I suspect this is not reviewable, though I would ask for consideration to reinstate my character simply because this was beyond my control. If not, it was a good run.

Sassafrass53

#867 » Post by Sassafrass53 » 18 Oct 2021 13:37

I know I'm not quite 20, but dieing from a fall with no cliff to fall off of is a bit frustrating. I was running down the hill from Ironforge and took a short-cut at the bottom between two hillocks, then out of nowhere, BOOM! I'm dead! Hope you can help me out by resetting me! Character name is Seahunt (regular Ironman contender).

Here's a screen shot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x63CmY ... sp=sharing

Kniteknite

#868 » Post by Kniteknite » 19 Oct 2021 09:09

this happened to one of my chars running down the Vioet Hold steps , all of a sudden , -19ooo dkps(hps)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#869 » Post by Dymond » 19 Oct 2021 23:40

Death cleared for player Seahunt successfully.

Live and die no more :)

ninuanni

#870 » Post by ninuanni » 24 Oct 2021 07:51

So... this is embarrassing (again)...

I was prepping to do a daily quest in Howling Fjord, when my computer hit a lag spike (likely because of my subpar computer or internet, admittedly, but whenever it's happened before I was always in a safe situation) and as I went to get onto the zeppelin, I was suddenly dead on the floor, having (I guess?) walked right off of the dock.

I know it's stupid as hell, but I beg of thee to walk this death back, because it was a complete fluke and I was so close to the end that dying to a random lag spike would just break my spirit.

Screencap for posterity:

Ironman Advice