The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
.Venna
Donor

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#496 » Post by .Venna » 17 Jan 2018 03:43

dragonheart wrote:
16 Jan 2018 17:34
Hello,

I completed the ironman / bloodthirsty challenge today and tried to get my mount reward using the link https://truewow.org/ironman? , but I get a message "Character not eligible.". Can this be looking into please.

Toon name: Dragoo
Congratulations!!

I have updated you in the Ironman list, see if you can claim the mount now.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

dragonheart

#497 » Post by dragonheart » 17 Jan 2018 05:57

It worked. Thank You.

dragonheart

#498 » Post by dragonheart » 17 Jan 2018 09:41

So I finally completed the ironman / bloodthirsty challenge and here is what I would suggest my fellow contenders.

First of all if you have not yet read the advice given by Surai I suggest doing it here (http://textuploader.com/dq79d). It has almost everything you will need to know and do for ironman.

Before you being, know that this is going to take time, so have patience. Read all the rules and know what you can and cannot do. Do not assume, if you do not know if it is allowed or not, just pop the question in guild chat or in forum.

Pick a race / class that you are comfortable with. For people playing this game for the first time, take a race / class and stick to it to know the spells before you start with ironman or bloodthirsty. Changing race / class will only confuse you.

For ironman one of the main challenges would be to not equip a green or higher quest reward item, as these will be soulbound just right click on the item and it will be equipped and fail the ironman challenge.

If you signed up for bloodthirsty, you have the freedom of picking where you want to fight unlike ironman where you tend to follow the quests. So use this freedom wisely. I could give you details if you need of locations that I fought, but I guess it all depends of your class / race and your style of playing the game. Avoid humanoids, most of them will run to a friend and the fight will get chained, and unless you have to ability to kill or fight multiple targets you are bound to die. Beasts are the best but be careful of their grouping. Avoid casters, most of them hit hard and unless you have interrupts it may not be easy.

Before you pick a specific area to grind understand the re-spawn timer. Know which side you can run if things turn ugly. Once you find an area that you can grind stick with it for few levels. You will get lower XP each time you level, but the grind will get easier and with increased speed of killing the mob you can counter the lower XP you get. Also know if there are any elite that will spawn in the area, as it may be hard or impossible to kill elite of same level or a few levels lower.

Avoid spells similar to warrior charge that can get you killed for no mistake of yours.

Remember if the client crashes or your internet disconnects your character will still be fighting and will only auto-attack, and if you die in the process you fail. So choose mobs that can be killed with just auto-attacks if possible (this may be only possible for melee class), this mean most times lower level mobs. Avoid any mobs that cast spells, they hurt a ton. If you crash, try and log back in as soon as possible and you may still be able to save your toon.

Avoid PvP locations and mobs that turn on PvP, no point PvPing while doing bloodthirsty as you will be out geared.

Health and Mana pots are fine to use, so keep them handy.

Hope these help others.

.Venna
Donor

#499 » Post by .Venna » 18 Jan 2018 00:49

Nice write up. I have added it to the front page (post four i think) with a couple of other tips from Ironmen.

For those who are interested, I will be doing the challenge again in a month or so. I got to 60 on a lock, so I thought I should try to 70. Seems only fair if I am asking others to attempt it. I haven't decided on my toon yet, maybe a shaman or hunter. Or rogue.
Primalwow.

Sabin

#500 » Post by Sabin » 27 Jan 2018 09:15

Recently dinged 70 on my priest. Posting to ask if my character can be updated on the list whenever someone has a chance. Thanks.
.Venna wrote:
07 Aug 2016 05:50
List of those who have completed the Challenge:

Preaux was the first to make it to level cap. Since then,

Aberration, Danae, Dina, Dragoo, Errorista, Ezua, Feranite, Hopeidontdie, Ironglevin, Ironhunny, Ironlock, Jamja, Kestadi, Korosive, Sasa, Stilgarr, Surai, Totheknee, Trixarrow, Xugg have all completed.
Also, not a big deal, but just wondering why my mage's name isn't listed here :)

.Venna
Donor

#501 » Post by .Venna » 31 Jan 2018 06:31

Sabin wrote:
27 Jan 2018 09:15
Recently dinged 70 on my priest. Posting to ask if my character can be updated on the list whenever someone has a chance. Thanks.
.Venna wrote:
07 Aug 2016 05:50
List of those who have completed the Challenge:

Preaux was the first to make it to level cap. Since then,

Aberration, Danae, Dina, Dragoo, Errorista, Ezua, Feranite, Hopeidontdie, Ironglevin, Ironhunny, Ironlock, Jamja, Kestadi, Korosive, Sasa, Stilgarr, Surai, Totheknee, Trixarrow, Xugg have all completed.
Also, not a big deal, but just wondering why my mage's name isn't listed here :)
You should be able to claim now. Not sure why some aren't appearing. What was your mage's name, I will add it.
Primalwow.

.Venna
Donor

#502 » Post by .Venna » 31 Jan 2018 06:32

.Venna wrote:
18 Jan 2018 00:49
For those who are interested, I will be doing the challenge again in a month or so. I got to 60 on a lock, so I thought I should try to 70. Seems only fair if I am asking others to attempt it. I haven't decided on my toon yet, maybe a shaman or hunter. Or rogue.
And here I am trying a paladin. Seems to be getting hit hard, but it has a lot of survival skills. Having trouble working out the best talents to take.
Primalwow.

Grimalkin

#503 » Post by Grimalkin » 11 Feb 2018 11:18

I tried prot initially but after two fails went ret and worked better for me.

time.bandit

#504 » Post by time.bandit » 16 Feb 2018 17:39

Please help, Anniki died after she fell through the ground in Felwood :lol:
https://imgur.com/HyiCpvU

thank you

.Venna
Donor

#505 » Post by .Venna » 17 Feb 2018 02:43

time.bandit wrote:
16 Feb 2018 17:39
Please help, Anniki died after she fell through the ground in Felwood :lol:
https://imgur.com/HyiCpvU
Anniki has been unfallen and undeathed, and is now free to continue her challenge. Good luck!
Primalwow.

.Venna
Donor

#506 » Post by .Venna » 17 Feb 2018 02:58

Reddit, the Ironman Chalenge

If anyone is a redditor, please upvote this thread so we can get it seen.
Primalwow.

Karayna

#507 » Post by Karayna » 02 Mar 2018 17:30

So, the Darkmoon Faire is coming up, and......am I allowed to hire an Engineer? I'd like to get a few Darkmoon Tickets.

.Venna
Donor

#508 » Post by .Venna » 03 Mar 2018 01:51

If you want the things that are sold at Darkmoon, you can get the trade items on the AH or by providing mats to an Engineer to make for you.
Primalwow.

Castorius

#509 » Post by Castorius » 04 Mar 2018 08:56

Hey, could you move my paladin (Kathra) from Honored Dead to Victorious Contenders on the ironman ladder? I completed the challenge during the vanilla phase when level cap was 60, and then died while leveling in outland.
I still have the old tiger in my bag, but I can't claim the mount through truewow.org/ironman because I'm considered an Honored Dead.
Thanks in advance.

Boodles

#510 » Post by Boodles » 05 Mar 2018 08:45

My poor little shaman unfortunately got feared right through the ground.
Hoping i could have another crack at things.
https://imgur.com/a/SLJPa

Thanks in advance.