The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#166 » Post by Errorista » 25 Feb 2017 16:14

yannerlues wrote:
Errorista wrote:
yannerlues wrote:
what a shameyou allow me to get over lvl 20 but dq me for something that happened at what, level 5? you have got to be kidding me...
You can be disqualified at any time even at level 59. You knew you broke the rules at level 5 and continued regardless. Well, thats kinda your fault. Its not that difficult to start again if you missclicked food buff at level 5.
OF COURSE i can be dqed at any time... my point is the scale of the "offense". i didn't even consider it breaking the rules because i IMMEDIATELY clicked it off AND NO ONE CONTACTED ME AND I MADE IT TO THE LIST I THINK TWICE. THATS MY PROBLEM HERE. THAT IS WHY I DIDN't BOTHER MESSAGING AFTERWARDS, CUZ I THOUGHT It DIDNT MATTER! i really hope you can understand this...
if something like this happens to you, take a screenshot and PM me or Dana, if you got food buff by misslick and did not kill any mob with it, we can revise your "crime" and forgive you but you have to stop any actions until that

I am not sure if we are going with Zero Tolerance, its all about communication

if you did not PM anyone then we considered it as cheating

yannerlues

#167 » Post by yannerlues » 25 Feb 2017 16:55

Errorista wrote:
yannerlues wrote:
Errorista wrote:
You can be disqualified at any time even at level 59. You knew you broke the rules at level 5 and continued regardless. Well, thats kinda your fault. Its not that difficult to start again if you missclicked food buff at level 5.
OF COURSE i can be dqed at any time... my point is the scale of the "offense". i didn't even consider it breaking the rules because i IMMEDIATELY clicked it off AND NO ONE CONTACTED ME AND I MADE IT TO THE LIST I THINK TWICE. THATS MY PROBLEM HERE. THAT IS WHY I DIDN't BOTHER MESSAGING AFTERWARDS, CUZ I THOUGHT It DIDNT MATTER! i really hope you can understand this...
if something like this happens to you, take a screenshot and PM me or Dana, if you got food buff by misslick and did not kill any mob with it, we can revise your "crime" and forgive you but you have to stop any actions until that

yeah I know I should've messaged but I didn't see you or Dana online at any time i was playing (atleast when I remembered to check) so it kinda left there. But when I was put on the list (first at lvl 14 if I recall correctly, and then at lvl 20) I figured it was all good. Plus I still don't know whether I even got a PM of the DQ, it's not in my inbox here... And no I did not kill one single mob after, I immediately clicked the buff off. I just didn't realize the apple had a food buff (not really familiar with the precata stuff).
http://www.wowhead.com/item=4536/shiny-red-apple
That's what I thought it was.

funkyplattinum

#168 » Post by funkyplattinum » 25 Feb 2017 17:44

Ironsight died :-(

Time for attempt 2, JimRaynor going for bloodthirsty!

.Venna
Donor

#169 » Post by .Venna » 26 Feb 2017 00:05

yannerlues wrote:
Errorista wrote:
yannerlues wrote:

yeah I know I should've messaged but I didn't see you or Dana online at any time i was playing (atleast when I remembered to check) so it kinda left there. But when I was put on the list (first at lvl 14 if I recall correctly, and then at lvl 20) I figured it was all good. Plus I still don't know whether I even got a PM of the DQ, it's not in my inbox here... And no I did not kill one single mob after, I immediately clicked the buff off. I just didn't realize the apple had a food buff (not really familiar with the precata stuff).
Ok, having checked and rechecked my messages I am not sure I actually did message you - I sent at least six messages recently disqualifying people and two with the exact food buff you had. My apologies that you didn't get a message. Mea culpa.

However this does not change that your armoury character has a buff on it. Once that happens you are disqualified.

You have said you knew what you did was against the rules but you continued anyway. Over the time of the challenge to date, there have been about 150 Contenders at various stages - all of which Errorista and I have to police. At this point there are about 80 people in the challenge with 40 of these being active at the moment. Several people have been disqualified for offenses like yours. To be honest, I only recently started checking characters more rigorously - originally I was only going to check them before I handed them the prize and let it be self-policed otherwise. The rules are fairly clear.

Some decisions can be made for fairly grey areas. One person asked me if they could send a pretty dress to their character BEFORE THEY STARTED THE CHALLENGE. I allowed it. The dress had personal feelings associated with it and the rule broken was the one about sending gear to a character. Sending a dress isn't something the casual observer can see. It seemed fine to me to allow this to happen. However, a buff food appears on the armoury where anyone may see it. It is visible to anyone who may check the armoury and many people do.

Let me ask you, were you Errorista and me, what would your decision be - being fair to all? Put aside your upset at the 30 levels you have traveled and think of other people in the challenge, some disqualified for as trivial "offences". What would you want us to do?
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

yannerlues

#170 » Post by yannerlues » 26 Feb 2017 06:38

.Venna wrote:
yannerlues wrote:
Errorista wrote:

Ok, having checked and rechecked my messages I am not sure I actually did message you - I sent at least six messages recently disqualifying people and two with the exact food buff you had. My apologies that you didn't get a message. Mea culpa.

However this does not change that your armoury character has a buff on it. Once that happens you are disqualified.

You have said you knew what you did was against the rules but you continued anyway. Over the time of the challenge to date, there have been about 150 Contenders at various stages - all of which Errorista and I have to police. At this point there are about 80 people in the challenge with 40 of these being active at the moment. Several people have been disqualified for offenses like yours. To be honest, I only recently started checking characters more rigorously - originally I was only going to check them before I handed them the prize and let it be self-policed otherwise. The rules are fairly clear.

Some decisions can be made for fairly grey areas. One person asked me if they could send a pretty dress to their character BEFORE THEY STARTED THE CHALLENGE. I allowed it. The dress had personal feelings associated with it and the rule broken was the one about sending gear to a character. Sending a dress isn't something the casual observer can see. It seemed fine to me to allow this to happen. However, a buff food appears on the armoury where anyone may see it. It is visible to anyone who may check the armoury and many people do.

Let me ask you, were you Errorista and me, what would your decision be - being fair to all? Put aside your upset at the 30 levels you have traveled and think of other people in the challenge, some disqualified for as trivial "offences". What would you want us to do?
Well, the issue here for you is that you're trying to figure whether I cheated, right? Why on earth would I cheat at that low level, with a method that as you said, is for anyone to see (I figured that was tracked).
And let me say it again (not to sound arrogant, this is the core message), the reason why I continued to play, was because I was put on the list (like I said earlier I was supposed to msg you guys but didn't catch you online. Kept playing because why not I was hella bored at that time). As I got on the list I figured it was deemed a mistake and I was given a pass. So this is my reason why I didn't PM you... do you still think I cheated and if so, why?

But to answer your question. Ofc you should DQ people for all rule breaking. Rules need to be enforced... But how many of the people you've DQed for trivial offences thing came in here to plea for mercy? If they did, did they provide any reasonable proof for their innocence?

I don't like black and white policies, so personally I'd strive to figure out with people if they made a mistake. But I don't know much effort this takes, or how common it is for people to come here and defend their DQ. So can't give a clear cut answer. I guess I'd say I'd try.

blagovest_tonev

#171 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 26 Feb 2017 07:57

Yes, you did cheat. Being in the list makes no difference, the list is being updated by two persons who can't provide 24/7 updates, like it or not. So, you were aware of what you did but decided to continue, and here comes your most used argument - "Guys I didn't see you online....". You could have sent a mail or write here on forums about what happend, but you decided to continue, don't blame others now. This is the truth, like it or not, the mistake is only yours for not mentioning the "accident".

Jiranthos
Admin

#172 » Post by Jiranthos » 26 Feb 2017 22:56

RIP Ironjira, level 9 Troll Mage.
Bested by... the elevator boss in Undercity.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

dionsaur

#173 » Post by dionsaur » 27 Feb 2017 00:31

I'll give this a try. Just the IronMan part.
I'm Paralax a Dwarf Priest.

Lulz. Already Died.
Take 2. Same name, race and class.
Last edited by dionsaur on 27 Feb 2017 01:48, edited 2 times in total.

holdfastt1172

#174 » Post by holdfastt1172 » 27 Feb 2017 01:16

2 questions i dont know if they fit into the challange or not

1. can we eat quest reward food that gives a well fed buff?

2. hunters can we just arrows or pellets that are above white or no?

.Venna
Donor

#175 » Post by .Venna » 27 Feb 2017 06:40

holdfastt1172 wrote:2 questions i dont know if they fit into the challange or not

1. can we eat quest reward food that gives a well fed buff?

2. hunters can we just arrows or pellets that are above white or no?
1. no

2. no

Welcome to the challenge
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

holdfastt1172

#176 » Post by holdfastt1172 » 28 Feb 2017 03:26

Race: Orc
Class: Hunter
Name: ikroz

^^ used hearthstone like a dummy, characters done.

new toon

Race:Human
Class: Warlock
Name: Daeden

*edited race said gnome, should be human* corrected
Last edited by holdfastt1172 on 01 Mar 2017 02:33, edited 1 time in total.

Nyeriah

#177 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Feb 2017 03:31

It doesn't say anything about not using hearthstone tho.

Blazensoul
Donor

#178 » Post by Blazensoul » 28 Feb 2017 23:56

I would like to give it a go...

Ironman
Race:Dwarf
Class:Priest
Name: Blazensoulx

Edit 1: my main is blazenxsoul
Edit 2: I equipped tabard of the void so it shows I have equpped 1 epic item.....should I reroll :?
Last edited by Blazensoul on 01 Mar 2017 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

holdfastt1172

#179 » Post by holdfastt1172 » 01 Mar 2017 02:32

Nyeriah wrote:It doesn't say anything about not using hearthstone tho.

stupid mistake i thought it said no hearthstone, what it said after re readiing it was no healthstone. but i already deleted that hunter and re entered my new warlock human (daeden)

fubureloaded

#180 » Post by fubureloaded » 01 Mar 2017 07:57

was a long long journey but...