Monthly 3v3 PvP Tournament

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
leamas03

Monthly 3v3 PvP Tournament

#1 » Post by leamas03 » 11 Nov 2015 06:28

Alright ladies, let's mix Arena up a bit. I am sponsoring 3v3 tournaments for the first and third Saturday of the coming months.
The upcoming and first event will be on November 21st at 9pm ST, 11am PST (west coast NA).
Here's how it works

The first Saturday of every month will be for wins. Teams will compete for three hours to determine a winner. The team with the most wins takes first, second takes second, and so forth. This round will determine placements for the third Saturday event. Generally, teams that perform well may get a "bye" for automatic round advancement or teams that do poorly may be dropped to make the bracket stage run more smoothly.

The third Saturday of every month will be brackets with best of three games elimination. Teams will compete for first, second and third place. Teams will coordinate with myself or other designated event coordinators for when they're playing. Make sure to register via the link below!

Currently Registered Teams
-Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes by Stacy and two unnamed participants
-Sulfuras for Jailbait by Xnumberone and Jailbait. This team is seeking additional members!
-To Be Decided by Oivster and Truse. This team's third member is to be decided.

Simple Rules
  • - Teams must register their team as well as a Team Captain. The team captain is responsible for registering the team, adding new players, deciding on the team composition for their match and having final decision on prize distribution.
    - Register here! (Google docs link)
    - Players may be subbed in between games, including in the middle of a series.
    - Players may not register for more than one team HOWEVER if not on a team or already knocked out they may join another team at the behest of that team's captain. This must occur before a team's series.

[hide="Prize Distribution"]
  • - The first place team gets their choice of loot from BWL/Ony/ZG/MC
    - The second and third place teams get choice of loot from Ony/ZG/MC (as well as options from the Vote store and available BoE's).
    - The only "reserved" items are Neltharion's Tear, Drakefang Talisman, Rejuvenating Gem, Styleen's Impeding Scarab, Bindings of the - Windseeker, and Eye of Sulfuras. I reserve the right to make changes as need be, though advance notice will be provided (such as AQ40/Naxxramas release).
    - The loot must be obtained within one month of being deemed the winner.
    - Only one piece of loot per team, though all members of a team are able to attend the raid(s) and decide amongst theirselves which loot to take, based on availability.
    - Raid-attending members must be of suitable PvE standards for the raid(s) in which they attend.
    - If you are not able to attend Murmur raid times we will be able to discuss alternative loot options.
    - Prizes may vary upon availability and participation.
[/hide]

If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment or message me on the forums or in game. Thanks!
Last edited by Guest on 19 Nov 2015 17:44, edited 3 times in total.
- Jingitaxias 60 Class Leader <Murmur> -

Krex1992

Re: Monthly 3v3 PvP Tournament

#2 » Post by Krex1992 » 11 Nov 2015 10:39

Paladin, shadowpriest and warlock. GG
Keo Nelf/Tauren Druid

.aspirine101

#3 » Post by .aspirine101 » 11 Nov 2015 10:54

Krex1992 wrote:Paladin, shadowpriest and warlock. GG
u mean spriest warlock mage?

.kurthos

#4 » Post by .kurthos » 11 Nov 2015 11:22

3v3 meta hasn't been established. You can't assume that one comp will dominate without actually playing.

We're putting this together to advertise for the server and promote competition within the community.

You literally have nothing to lose by participating.

Krex1992

#5 » Post by Krex1992 » 11 Nov 2015 11:52

I just know it sir. Just take a look at any vanilla server and Priest, mage, warlock and sometimes rogue, is a comp that will dominate.
Keo Nelf/Tauren Druid

Mozx1337

#6 » Post by Mozx1337 » 11 Nov 2015 13:16

What a great initiative!

.aspirine101

#7 » Post by .aspirine101 » 11 Nov 2015 15:50

Krex1992 wrote: any vanilla server
Krex1992 wrote: is a comp that will dominate.

oooooookay...

m911 no arenas in vanilla

leamas03

#8 » Post by leamas03 » 12 Nov 2015 07:07

Hey guys! I've gotten asked how the actual events will be operated, so I'm here to answer this.

For the first event (first Saturday of every month) registered teams' wins for the day will be inspected prior to the event. If a team registered during the event we'll start the counter as soon as they register. Teams will have three hours to compete for wins against what I hope is a large pool of enemy teams via ranked 3's queue. After three hours the wins for the teams will be checked simultaneously and will be posted here on the forums for the official standings.

The second event (third Saturdays) will be a bracket style competition. The brackets will be drawn at random a couple days before the event and posted on the forums to be seen. Remember that you can have more than three people on your team and switch compositions as needed! If this needs changed I'll revisit it at a later time. When brackets are drawn I'll also be posting the times of each match-up.

When it's your turn to play we'll end up doing a 5's skirmish game with Kurthos, myself, and any other volunteers on the sidelines. The extra people are there to witness the match and Kurthos, especially, to stream and record the match! Teams will play until a team wins two games. The winning team advances, the losing team's position is recorded. All in all I expect we should be able to stick to a similar, three hour timeframe as with the other event.

There won't be any tiebreakers for 4th place or lower. Third place tiebreaker will have it's own game.

Krex1992

#9 » Post by Krex1992 » 12 Nov 2015 09:07

aspirine101 wrote:
Krex1992 wrote: any vanilla server
Krex1992 wrote: is a comp that will dominate.

oooooookay...

m911 no arenas in vanilla
There have been contest like this in gurubashi arena with Arena rules. Just go 3 hunters also, that will be a safe win.
Keo Nelf/Tauren Druid

offheal

#10 » Post by offheal » 12 Nov 2015 10:21

what prevent me selling wins for gold?
and yes gurubashi arena works, we even did pvp events on 1.12 server there. except there is no pvp nerf.

leamas03

#11 » Post by leamas03 » 19 Nov 2015 07:33

Updated the main post with the current list of teams. Feel free to post here to register your team as well, if you prefer. Just be sure to include the team captain, team name and any players on the team.

Oivster
Banned

#12 » Post by Oivster » 19 Nov 2015 12:41

Im gonna enter with my team:

Captain: Oivster
member: Truse
member: to be decided

Teamname: to be decided

Havent had the time to sort out all of the details yet, what is the deadline to submit my team?

leamas03

#13 » Post by leamas03 » 19 Nov 2015 17:46

It's all good to go now, just make sure to pick up a 3rd by the event this Saturday. There's no deadline for registration either, just make sure to get your team in before Saturday!

leamas03

#14 » Post by leamas03 » 27 Nov 2015 06:58

Hey all! Last Saturday's events were cancelled due to a lack of signup. That's totally fine as I wasn't sure where we would be with the low amount of time given for preparation. We are still looking to hold events on schedule, meaning the next event will take place on Saturday, December 5th. This is the light day with teams just queueing up. If you're not sure you're interested in the event feel free to play 3's games anyway! If you are interested let me know in game or here so that I can better prepare. Remember that the main event will be the third Saturday, December 19th.