Primal Video Contest

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
.kurthos

Primal Video Contest

#1 » Post by .kurthos » 01 Oct 2015 19:11

Greetings mortals,

We're looking for talented and creative players in our community to make videos to promote our server. The private server community deserves to hear what we have to offer from the mouths of our players, so lets do just that!

I feel like we have something really special here with the server. Primal Wow is one of the more courageous and original takes on a private server, especially when it comes to raiding. Our Onyxia's Lair script is something we should be proud of when compared to other servers we may have played on before, so lets show it off.

We're going to take the best videos of each catagory based on a mix of Primal WoW staff and community votes. The winners of each category will get to choose between a [Heart of Hakkar] , [Onyxia's Head], or [Primal Hakkari Idol] from a <Murmur> guild run.

UPDATE
The following are rules required by PrimalWoW admin team to qualify for prizes.
- Should make sure the music or footage used can't lead to copyright strikes.
- Must use not use offensive language or imagery
- Must include url to Primalwow.org and realmlist in the video, at least once, and in the description of it.

A) Category 1: Epic Videos

- Description: The video will have highly cinematic qualities such as music and camera work. The intent should be to immerse the viewer into your movie.

- Rules:

- Must include some kind of introduction stating that the video footage is from Primal WoW.
- Chat/voice, if shown/heard, must be safe for work.

A) Category 2: Specific Content Footage

- Description: A showcased area, event, or boss encounter in a raid.

- Rules:

- Must include some kind of introduction stating that the video footage is from Primal WoW.
- Must include a title with a name what encounter if displaying a boss.
- Chat/voice, if shown/heard, must be safe for work.

A) Category 3: Guides

- Description: Guides for boss encounters, professions, or your favorite class. Protection Paladins, tired of people claiming you're not viable? Show a video of you tanking Ragnaros! Really more of an open category with the main goal of giving your viewer some kind of instruction.

- Rules:

- Explanation of boss abilities if applicable.
- Can either be explained through voice or text in the video.
- Explanation of how to tank/heal/dps point of view. The more the better! At least one of these roles should be shown in the encounter if applicable.

Post your videos below in the following formats!

Subject: Kurthos' Guide to Raging
Character: Kurthos
Video: Youtube.com
Description: Explain the category you're aiming to compete in. Any extra information is great as well!

Thank you for reading and good luck!
Last edited by Guest on 05 Oct 2015 20:46, edited 2 times in total.

.Fárlight

Re: Primal Video Contest

#2 » Post by .Fárlight » 01 Oct 2015 19:39

Good luck!!!

Lyrix
Donor

#3 » Post by Lyrix » 01 Oct 2015 20:29

Lol, this is something Primal has to post him self... but yeh goodluck and stuff ;)

.kurthos

#4 » Post by .kurthos » 01 Oct 2015 20:33

I dont see any rule preventing me from running the contest. There's a lot to be gained for all our players by creating this kind of content.

PLAPTOP

#5 » Post by PLAPTOP » 02 Oct 2015 02:08

when is the deadline?
ImageImageImage

.kurthos

#6 » Post by .kurthos » 02 Oct 2015 02:52

Going to close out at a minimum of two weeks but we want to have solid winners in each category, so we'll extend specific categories until we get them.
Last edited by Guest on 02 Oct 2015 08:45, edited 1 time in total.

.Sorrugis

#7 » Post by .Sorrugis » 02 Oct 2015 08:08

I'd love to contract the guy who made this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=220&v=e2X1MIR1KMs

Etro
Honorary Member

#8 » Post by Etro » 02 Oct 2015 12:10

I would recommend to include TrueWoW as the server and Primal as the realm, to make the videos future proof because of the merge.
Sorrugis wrote:I'd love to contract the guy who made this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=220&v=e2X1MIR1KMs
Wow. If I had time to play an MMO, I'd so play EVE after that trailer.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

gad777

#9 » Post by gad777 » 02 Oct 2015 12:59

nice
Last edited by Flevir on 03 Oct 2015 12:45, edited 2 times in total.
Vast lvl 60 Undead Rogue

Etro
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Etro » 02 Oct 2015 13:13

Very optimistic...

I doubt people would get confused over the difference between server and realm. At least not players familiar with WoW.

I'm not saying to give the priority to the TrueWoW name in the video, as that should clearly be PrimalWoW in this case. I'm just recommending to include it.

Anyways, it is just a recomendation and I pressume this url (primalwow.org) will redirect to truewow.org for a while after the merge happens, so new people will arrive to truewow either way.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

gad777

#11 » Post by gad777 » 02 Oct 2015 13:23

nice
Last edited by Flevir on 03 Oct 2015 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
Vast lvl 60 Undead Rogue

.kurthos

#12 » Post by .kurthos » 02 Oct 2015 14:36

If we spent half as much time putting positivity into our community instead of complaining, we'd all be a very much better place. For every complaint you lobby without a solution you only drive more players from the server.

Namya

#13 » Post by Namya » 02 Oct 2015 14:41

I do agree on some points with Vast. It's great that there are community members that want to help and we should deffo help admins with this but we also need them to be involved in this. It would be great if prizes like rare mounts and pets can be added to award pool. That might make more people interested in this contest.
Proud resto moo of Vanilla knights http://vanillaknights.shivtr.com/

Roel
Founder

#14 » Post by Roel » 03 Oct 2015 11:45

Marked this as a global topic for the duration of the contest, please no off-topic posts.

Just so you know, this is supported by the staff and it's great that kurthos took initiative to get it started. You don't need to be a full staff member to show your commitment and anyone with the time (and hopefully skills) can put it into a video to promote the server.

Decent videos will be rewarded with web points, we're still deciding on a suitable amount but generally the higher the quality the more points. We might also have something special in store for the winner if the video turns out to be very good. This obviously on top of what kurthos has already in store for you.

.kurthos

#15 » Post by .kurthos » 05 Oct 2015 20:47

Updated the contest rules.