[Example] Dalaran's Assault: The Fury of the Frostbrood

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.

Should this event take place?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 67

Teraan

Re: [Example] Dalaran's Assault: The Fury of the Frostbrood

#16 » Post by Teraan » 30 Jun 2014 15:51

Blacklustersoldier wrote:The event itself sounds awesome, but what if... you started the scourge invasion event, since the server never really experienced this? Also opening of the gates of AQ, assuming the event scripts are still there, it wouldn't hurt to experience them. :P
Yessss, what he said, it would be a lot better...
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Kusisukka
Donor

#17 » Post by Kusisukka » 30 Jun 2014 16:02

Ragnorak wrote:Tbh while this all sounds great my main concern is that this is a fun-server feature. GM's spawning raid bosses in places where they shouldn't be and then rewarding players loot when they defeat this custom event. TrueWoW is supposed to to be the most authentic WotLK blizzclone out there and the implementation of GM-created events like these will only ruin our reputation as a blizzclone and begin to make us look like servers such as Eternal-WoW where they have GM created events such as Maze events or kill the giant GM-spawned NPC in some random location etc... What sets our server aside from the countless other fun servers out there is that we don't follow the bandwagon of trying to come up with these custom events to please people but we stick to our promise of delivering the best blizzclone server out there.
I concur.

Nyeriah

#18 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jun 2014 20:50

Intervention and the staff back when we merged had accepted such events, but after a while the GM that was supposed to run them and get it done disappeared. Bluebell should know this much. Intervention disappeared as well so I'm just continuing things from where they stopped now that Bottle seems to be back.

His formal presentation of himself can be found here http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 73#p140173

I proposed them to be voted so even if they were to happen you'd still be able to judge it yourselves which you'd like to be ran and seem appropriate to you. Maybe for the first time ever you are given the power to decide what will happen or not democratically and there are still complaints. Hm.

Nonetheless, thank you all for your inputs. It was an awesome field research.

keez
Donor

#19 » Post by keez » 30 Jun 2014 20:56

Ragnorak wrote:Tbh while this all sounds great my main concern is that this is a fun-server feature. GM's spawning raid bosses in places where they shouldn't be and then rewarding players loot when they defeat this custom event. TrueWoW is supposed to to be the most authentic WotLK blizzclone out there and the implementation of GM-created events like these will only ruin our reputation as a blizzclone and begin to make us look like servers such as Eternal-WoW where they have GM created events such as Maze events or kill the giant GM-spawned NPC in some random location etc... What sets our server aside from the countless other fun servers out there is that we don't follow the bandwagon of trying to come up with these custom events to please people but we stick to our promise of delivering the best blizzclone server out there.
dang m8 we are so blizzclone and so blizzlike its unbelivelabelele
events gonna hurt this server so much i might just cry ;(

pls no eventerino, lets afk in dalarino !

ilyailyailya

#20 » Post by ilyailyailya » 30 Jun 2014 22:36

Note to purists and blizzcloners alike:
First of all this server is obviously not blizzclone. I'm not even talking about bugs or population which are normal for a pserver, i'm talking about:
* Cross-faction mail
* Reduced AH deposit prices
* Weird node spawns (go see how easy it is to farm Frost Lotus just by going to wintergrasp and getting gatherer addon to show you the spots on the map which will ALWAYS be the same even tho the Frost Lotus node shares spawn with the Frozen Herb on retail)
* Extrmely high rare and epic BoE world items droprate (go clear a low-level dungeon just once... you'll get what I mean)
But those 2 above are probably bugs
As you can see I mentioned a few non-blizzclone things, but they aren't gamebreaking and some things like cross-faction mail everyone likes.
But it's not blizzclone... So? Why would it be worse? Do you guys really think that everything that blizzard did is perfect? Lol, that deserves a laugh really. Why is Belt of the Blood Nova the ONLY unique ICC25N BoE boss drop? Is there any specific reason? Nope, it's a blizzard mistake, or blizz just decided it'll be better because they smoked the wrong weed.

Now tell me more about how an event that won't even last that long will break the game... even a few of those events.
To me f.e it would be so exciting if we had a world PvP event, but one with objectives. Not lame ones as "cap the EPL tower" or smth, but things like bases to destroy, commanders to kill, capture territories in the area etc.

Why can't we do something special in our daily routine? :/
/end of rant.
Truewow:

Horde:
Volkolak[ Shaman] {70}
Headquake [Shaman] {80}
Xcell [Rogue] {80}
Alliance
Skuletik[Death Knight] {80}
Devana [Hunter] {80}

Primeevil wow:

Horde Thorbjorn [Hunter] {60}

Lordaeron:

Skadi/Velastra (velastra got scammed) aka therberg aka jewberg aka ked aka hime aka scotty

Bluebell
Former Staff

#21 » Post by Bluebell » 30 Jun 2014 22:40

That right there is the point Fastor was making. You use justification for this by citing cross-faction mail. This is a quite new thing, which had some people saying no to for years.

So next time something comes up, will you go "We have Cross Faction mail AND events like fury of frostbrood, so why not have this thing too?"

The point is, it's a slope, and you just proved it.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

ilyailyailya

#22 » Post by ilyailyailya » 30 Jun 2014 22:57

:/ True that.
Truewow:

Horde:
Volkolak[ Shaman] {70}
Headquake [Shaman] {80}
Xcell [Rogue] {80}
Alliance
Skuletik[Death Knight] {80}
Devana [Hunter] {80}

Primeevil wow:

Horde Thorbjorn [Hunter] {60}

Lordaeron:

Skadi/Velastra (velastra got scammed) aka therberg aka jewberg aka ked aka hime aka scotty

Nyeriah

#23 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jun 2014 23:00

Why do I feel like you're always trying to show how bad we are and make everything we do seem sloppy, Bluebell? Do you have any problems you'd like to personally address with me, or with us? You can send me a PM and we can talk, or I'll forward it to others if necessary. I have no problems with that.

keez
Donor

#24 » Post by keez » 30 Jun 2014 23:03

All I see these days is Bluebell trying to make every staff member look bad, every new idea look bad.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#25 » Post by Bluebell » 30 Jun 2014 23:22

I've made 2 posts here, you asked for people's opinions on them and I gave mine, and explained them. What are you saying? I'm not allowed to express myself. I didn't attack staff members in any of the posts, yet you directly attack me. You didn't address any of the points I made in my posts, then again why would you? The last time I brought something up, all I got was being attacked by GMs, trying to elicit a response from me, but I didn't rise to it.

There is no reason for personal attacks, as seen here, and you say I make changes look negative? You're clearly wrong, I suggested the guides being moved here which obviously means I don't oppose the new section. But guess what, perka is "busy" so can't move them. I've been staff, I know how long it takes you to move stuff. Heck, I even gave him the majority of links. Guess what? It takes the same amount of time to move those damned things as it does to insult me on the other post, but nope, rather be negative towards me than actually move them.

And yeah, you'll probably say this is negative too. But I've made 2 posts, both directly related to the topic, and instead of replying to them, you just make blanket insults.

Hell Nyeriah, you even try provoke me.
Bluebell should know this much.
What's that supposed to mean? Why single me out? Because you want me to respond. Probably linking it on staff IRC going "Bluebell at it again".
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Nyeriah

#26 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jun 2014 23:44

Well, I'm thankful for your attempts to help and concerns about the server. But on the other hand, if they are to come backhanded like this, thanks, but we don't really need that kind of help.

I didn't insult you at any moment, I just said what I thought and offered you a bit of chatting to settle things up, if there's ever anything that still needs to be resolved - whatever's been upsetting you, as there's clearly something.

I said that because you were a Staff member back then and you should, better than anyone else posting here, be up with what was discussed back then and should've expressed your concerns back then as well. Unless you thought it wasn't important, or whatever, that was up to you. If you get it as an attempt to provoke you, I'm sorry, but why would you in the first place? I don't have anything personal against you, if it was someone else expressing themselves snarky I'd feel the same way. This is not in regards to this thread only.

I can't let it go unnoticed that you changed, however. You weren't like this, you were smoother whenever expressing your opinions, so something must've changed. What was it? What's troubling you?

belendor

#27 » Post by belendor » 01 Jul 2014 00:20

I wouldn't mind some change from icc, pvp, ulduar, ect.
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Dr. Who

#28 » Post by Dr. Who » 01 Jul 2014 01:06

i joined this server because was the most closest retail experience i found.
like Souw said:
Souw wrote:Back on Omega we were just like we are now, 4 years ago it started to change. 1 little change at a time. First came the portals, then came the tokens then guild houses and now 5x drop rates and all that nonsense.
it start with an innocent thing and end up screwing every thing at some point.

Like Bluebell said and i totally agree with her/him a few years ago people (the true original Truewow members) would be totally 100% against this kind of things.

its not what in my way of see it what this server represents. the original propose of this server was to give original retail experience.

PS:(saying this as 1 of the few original server player still playing here, and i'm from the very beginning from when server was roling from Roel home PC ^_^ )
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Nyeriah

#29 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Jul 2014 06:50

Back to this topic, even though most players seem to be favorable to this, we'll recognize and take into consideration the points provided along of this topic. For the time being, events and paralel projects such as these will be put on hold until further discussions.

I'd like to yet again thank everyone that so far contributed to this thread in any way as it nicely could give us a picture of most concerns and the overall interest of players in such projects.

Field researches like this should probably happen more often :D

I'll leave this sketch lying here as it may still be useful at some point.