The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
SmokingLenny

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#1111 » Post by SmokingLenny » 03 Apr 2024 02:55

Hello?

SmokingLenny

#1112 » Post by SmokingLenny » 09 Apr 2024 12:29

I hope someone can help
Looks like the server shut down or reset? I got DC'd, in any event..
I've logged back in and my character Ooberay is a ghost at character selection screen
I'm still waiting on a reply in relation to my character Noberay for reinstatement
Please help

Thanks

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#1113 » Post by Dymond » 09 Apr 2024 19:14

Ooberay was slain by Zanzil Witch Doctor (Health: 18 Damage: 58 - 40 Overkill)
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#1114 » Post by Dymond » 09 Apr 2024 19:17

SmokingLenny wrote:
28 Mar 2024 01:07
Hi

I don't know if this is worth contesting but, as a hunter, I have succumbed to death several times now to mobs who ignore my pet. I've put it down to being a challenging quest or it caught me off guard, too bad.

But "Noberay was slain by Twilight Prophet (Health: 984 Damage: 1279 - 295 Overkill)" happened so quick, no pet aggro (again), not a quest mob, no chance for health pot, no reaction time, just dead. A bar and a half off 60.

Now, I've had close calls and I've had close calls, but this was.... well, not sure of the word, but it wasn't a one shot kill. Where was my pet taking aggro, giving me a chance to health pot after being hit (I was at full health) and run for the hills or feign death or anything like that? (which has happened several times this IM iteration)

In essence, is there a hassle with pets not taking aggro? If so, that is the basis of contesting this death.

Thanks for your time.

edit: the full health part

I have not heard of any other player complaints about this issue, also a reversal requires screenshots proving the pet did not do any damage and cause of death.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

SmokingLenny

#1115 » Post by SmokingLenny » 10 Apr 2024 03:06

Dymond wrote:
09 Apr 2024 19:17
SmokingLenny wrote:
28 Mar 2024 01:07
Hi

I don't know if this is worth contesting but, as a hunter, I have succumbed to death several times now to mobs who ignore my pet. I've put it down to being a challenging quest or it caught me off guard, too bad.

But "Noberay was slain by Twilight Prophet (Health: 984 Damage: 1279 - 295 Overkill)" happened so quick, no pet aggro (again), not a quest mob, no chance for health pot, no reaction time, just dead. A bar and a half off 60.

Now, I've had close calls and I've had close calls, but this was.... well, not sure of the word, but it wasn't a one shot kill. Where was my pet taking aggro, giving me a chance to health pot after being hit (I was at full health) and run for the hills or feign death or anything like that? (which has happened several times this IM iteration)

In essence, is there a hassle with pets not taking aggro? If so, that is the basis of contesting this death.

Thanks for your time.

edit: the full health part

I have not heard of any other player complaints about this issue, also a reversal requires screenshots proving the pet did not do any damage and cause of death.
Thanks for getting back to me on Noberay. I had to at least ask.

In regards to Ooberay, how can I have a screenshot of a death I wasn't online for?

obeahman

#1116 » Post by obeahman » 10 Apr 2024 04:50

Hello there.

I was playing in Darkshore and was under water getting thresher eyes for a quest then my screen froze and then went black and my computer locked up. When I logged back in I was a ghost. I couldn't take any screenshot as my computer was frozen. I'm wondering if since this wasn't a normal death or one that I had control over if it's possible to get reinstated in the Ironman Challenge?

Thank you.

Oh and my character name is Ironnoob.