The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Dymond
Senior Game Master

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#961 » Post by Dymond » 19 Sep 2022 00:49

Rules state: You may not use potions (other than health/mana potions, see #4 below), elixirs, flasks, enchantments, glyphs or anything causing EXP boosts (this includes Recruit-A-Friend and our optional 2x or 3x rates).

You used the item, not necessarily on your own gear but you still used the item.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

footfall

#962 » Post by footfall » 19 Sep 2022 21:01

Dymond wrote:
19 Sep 2022 00:49
Rules state: You may not use potions (other than health/mana potions, see #4 below), elixirs, flasks, enchantments, glyphs or anything causing EXP boosts (this includes Recruit-A-Friend and our optional 2x or 3x rates).

You used the item, not necessarily on your own gear but you still used the item.
your quote of the rules is misleading as after the end of that sentence it actually says:
Gear enhancements, such as armor kits or scope enchant (ranged weapon) are disallowed (even though they are white, they are still counted as enchantments).

This suggests that they are disallowed on our gear, not on use, as the enchant may be present before in the the said gear.
It was actually reading this rule that made me test this as I did not remember armor enchants beeing green. Also said enchants may enhance the gear we put for sale in AH and they ofc should not be disallowed as such.

At the end, please consider the essence of the rules and apply them accordingly, same ss it is asked from the players in IM challenge.

TY for your time

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#963 » Post by Dymond » 19 Sep 2022 21:45

I will discuss with staff and let you know

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#964 » Post by Dymond » 19 Sep 2022 21:53

After further discussion, the check system will be updated as soon as possible. I will change your status so you may continue your journey. For future reference. I would avoid adding anything, even to ah items.

footfall

#965 » Post by footfall » 20 Sep 2022 11:17

Dymond wrote:
19 Sep 2022 21:53
After further discussion, the check system will be updated as soon as possible. I will change your status so you may continue your journey. For future reference. I would avoid adding anything, even to ah items.
Again TY

blazikenas

#966 » Post by blazikenas » 23 Sep 2022 11:06

Hello,

Well, I dont expect much from this. In short - I got disconnected while fighting a mob and died that way. I do not know if there is any way to verify that. I tried to log back in as fast as possible, hoping I would still be alive and in the rush didnt take a screenshot :/

Krew / Edicia

Edit: I actually know how to verify it if there is no other way!!! I have recount addon on for the whole ironman. There are no deaths registered there.

blazikenas

#967 » Post by blazikenas » 24 Sep 2022 13:09

blazikenas

#968 » Post by blazikenas » 26 Sep 2022 14:26

Ok, my another argument is that from the last two fights combined (the one I dced on and the one before that) I took less damage than my full hp. And well, its impossible to check, but I basically religiously heal up to full before each fight :D

Edit: This is also discounting the heals that I received in those fights
Edit edit: also in addition, there is a 3 minute gap when I was waiting for mob to respawn. There is basically no way I was not full hp before last fight.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#969 » Post by Errorista » 28 Sep 2022 15:51

sorted issue with player Krew / Edicia in DMs

blazikenas

#970 » Post by blazikenas » 30 Sep 2022 19:26

Ok, I absolutely hate to be here again. But this time I died due to clearly bugged quest Electro Shock Goodness! Basically the quest potion-item does not work. Also, the mobs do way too much damage.

TBC classic vid:
https://youtu.be/FLmwAFPINxQ?t=353

Test of the item on PTR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cf270I ... e=youtu.be

Proof that I died from this (idk why I posted the other screenshot):

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#971 » Post by Errorista » 03 Oct 2022 15:10

blazikenas wrote:
30 Sep 2022 19:26
Ok, I absolutely hate to be here again. But this time I died due to clearly bugged quest Electro Shock Goodness! Basically the quest potion-item does not work. Also, the mobs do way too much damage.

TBC classic vid:
https://youtu.be/FLmwAFPINxQ?t=353

Test of the item on PTR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cf270I ... e=youtu.be

Proof that I died from this (idk why I posted the other screenshot):
dealt with this one in DMs

blazikenas

#972 » Post by blazikenas » 05 Oct 2022 20:27

Guess what,

Again I'm here. One more death to a bug confirmed by Andrius. Walked off the lift in the Isle of Spears where it is very close to the ground. Received 4800 damage, when usual fall from that height does like 300. Tried to replicate on PTR with no success. Jumping off in the same place does like 190 damage.

I seem to be attracting bugs like idk, honey attracts bees or smth :DDD

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#973 » Post by Dymond » 05 Oct 2022 23:07

Death cleared for player Edicia successfully.

blazikenas

#974 » Post by blazikenas » 06 Oct 2022 00:44

Guess whos back

Back again

Same bug as last time. Didnt even jump this time :/

FrodoFragins

#975 » Post by FrodoFragins » 08 Oct 2022 00:50

Looks like I last tried this 4 years ago. I got to level 8 or 9 just now and equipped a green without thinking. Then I rerolled and used a prot buff scroll. I've been leveling too much on other servers and will never be able to prevent myself from running on auto at times to complete this.

I kind of wish the server prevented you from even equipping greens or buffs (or above)or gave a popup to tell you you'll lose the challenge. The challenge should be about surviving with only whites, not about never making a simple mistake. Hats off to the people that are able to stay focused and remember not to break the rules though.