The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
jengrath

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#916 » Post by jengrath » 19 Apr 2022 00:22

Woohoo!

Only took 9 days and 11 hours, and.... 150 (?) previous attempts!

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=600

The best part? I can now open all of these quest rewards from the daily quest Pa'Troll. They were all green backpacks, and I didn't want to risk opening them (thereby "using" a green item) at level 78 or 79. As you can see, I did the quest a... few... times.

I know you're super busy, just mentioning I'm still waiting on a decision about the warlock, I have it parked in the meantime.

Dabeer

#917 » Post by Dabeer » 19 Apr 2022 07:05

jengrath wrote:
19 Apr 2022 00:22
Woohoo!

Only took 9 days and 11 hours, and.... 150 (?) previous attempts!
Woo Hoo! Congratulations!

Dabeer

#918 » Post by Dabeer » 19 Apr 2022 07:07

I need to appeal a disqualification. I went to Westfall and did the Chicken quest. Training the Item Loading... triggered the disqualification.

andriuspel
Former Staff

#919 » Post by andriuspel » 19 Apr 2022 07:26

Issues will get fixed within next update (~5 PM)

EDit: cleared death for Demonclad + fixed conditions for these turrets
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

jengrath

#920 » Post by jengrath » 20 Apr 2022 02:08

I think I'm cursed... or, quite probably, the fastest person to die again after being reinstated! Didn't even make it 30 minutes.

I was doing a quest https://www.wowhead.com/quest=11495/the ... of-thunder . It's the one where you turn into a golem, go and investigate the mine, then port back up. I've done the quest several other times on Ironman and other characters.

I went, and did the quest, stood with the dwarves and heard the image give its speech. I then collected all 15 data crystals required. If you look at the screenshot below, you'll see on the tracker that both quests were completed, I just needed to turn them in.

So, I went to the square at the very bottom of the ground, and hit the "1" button, which launches you in the air. I didn't have aggro, I was just walking along. I launched up, up, up in the air and then... the golem I was in just disappeared, leaving me way up in the air. It would have been funny except for the part where I fell to my death :(

So here's the first screen shot I took, facing straight up. You can see from the second line of the text, "Iron Rune Construct gains Iron Rune Construct's Rocket Jump". That's me jumping up to the top. Line four then says "Demonclad falls and loses 4552 health". You can also see there's nothing up above me that I could have fallen off of (I didn't try, but there's no way I'd take 4k damage if I jumped off those platforms).

This screenshot shows that I didn't have aggro. It shows I was challenged by a dwarf (line 2) but I used the "bluff" ability (button 3 on the golem) and didn't aggro him (line 4). The "you gained a soul shard" is me dying and regaining my pet.

Full disclosure: earlier in the quest, I was about half way through when I had gained aggro from one of the rock elementals (the only things that see through the golem disguise). I ran over to the rocket pad, and shot up in the air, and landed safely. That dropped all aggro (because I was quite far away), so I ran back down and finished the quest.

I have no clue why it worked the first time, but not the second.

I know you're super busy, so no rush, but for your consideration.

footfall

#921 » Post by footfall » 23 Apr 2022 20:36

Char Icemoon lvl25, Lakeshire

I used quest reward item to breath underwater and got kicked from IM. I was certain it was allowed hence why I used it, there was no real need just convinience. I canceled the buff imediately afterwards.
Please consider reenstating me.

TY for your time

Image at the time of interest:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -37-54.png

Schism
Game Master

#922 » Post by Schism » 24 Apr 2022 02:19

Dabeer wrote:
19 Apr 2022 07:07
I need to appeal a disqualification. I went to Westfall and did the Chicken quest. Training the Item Loading... triggered the disqualification.

Holygoat has been restored. This item, and all non-combat pets regardless of quality, are allowed.

Schism
Game Master

#923 » Post by Schism » 24 Apr 2022 02:22

footfall wrote:
23 Apr 2022 20:36
Char Icemoon lvl25, Lakeshire

I used quest reward item to breath underwater and got kicked from IM. I was certain it was allowed hence why I used it, there was no real need just convinience. I canceled the buff imediately afterwards.
Please consider reenstating me.
Unfortunately we cannot reinstate your character in this case. Use of Elixirs is explicitly forbidden for Ironman characters, with the sole exception of the case where the elixir is required for a quest, which does not apply to this item.

andriuspel
Former Staff

#924 » Post by andriuspel » 24 Apr 2022 03:19

@Schism, i already fixed that issue about that item. That egg for strange case is actual elexir too, buy i made exception, they are elexirs but they not regular elexirs xD
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

MasterPooBaa

#925 » Post by MasterPooBaa » 01 May 2022 03:25

So I just entered a dungeon - BFD.
I was SOLO. Not grouped. Not summoned. No assist.
Was for a couple of Darn rep quests.

FAQ says you cant 'join' a duingeon or group, which is fine.
Going solo would make ones life harder/more risky I would think?

Can we have a hard ruling on this - Allowed Y/N?

Dabeer

#926 » Post by Dabeer » 01 May 2022 07:16

MasterPooBaa wrote:
01 May 2022 03:25
You know you can hit exalted with Darnassus by level 32 without ever setting foot in any dungeon, right?

This is an interesting interpretation of the rules. Good luck with your appeal!

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#927 » Post by Errorista » 01 May 2022 09:27

MasterPooBaa wrote:
01 May 2022 03:25
So I just entered a dungeon - BFD.
I was SOLO. Not grouped. Not summoned. No assist.

FAQ says you cant 'join' a duingeon or group, which is fine.
Going solo would make ones life harder/more risky I would think?

Can we have a hard ruling on this - Allowed Y/N?
soloing dungeons is allowed

Dabeer

#928 » Post by Dabeer » 01 May 2022 19:31

Errorista wrote:
01 May 2022 09:27
Yeah? That's pretty cool! Thanks for the clarification!

MasterPooBaa

#929 » Post by MasterPooBaa » 02 May 2022 00:10

Errorista wrote:
01 May 2022 09:27
Kool. I did delete my character though, just incase it wasnt :o)

MasterPooBaa

#930 » Post by MasterPooBaa » 02 May 2022 00:14

Dabeer wrote:
01 May 2022 07:16
You know you can hit exalted with Darnassus by level 32 without ever setting foot in any dungeon, right?
Yes I'm aware, though that time around I was a few thousand rep short for some annoying reason.