The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Dymond
Senior Game Master

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#871 » Post by Dymond » 25 Oct 2021 00:31

Death cleared for player Sarai successfully.

Reminder, if you are lagging, be safe and log until you are no longer lagging.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

ninuanni

#872 » Post by ninuanni » 27 Oct 2021 03:10

Thank you Dymond! I deeply appreciate it. The last few levels are very anxiety-inducing!

I feel like I should mention: A server crash today (within the past hour) saw me very inconveniently die to fall damage again - but it seems that it didn't DQ me. I assumed, because no message came up and that the Ironman rankings didn't update, that it was simply written off as part of the server crash. At the same time, I want to be absolutely clear and share this information, because it just hit that maybe it wasn't intended; I didn't think to take a screenshot but I hope that my openness with the information is enough. (As a side note: I assume this is why the rankings haven't updated my level past 73. In retrospect, while I thought my death wasn't recorded because of the crash, it may have been because of my initial death rollback? Either way - hopefully I'll only need to post here to update my level when I hit 80.)

As a side note; as I approach the end of the challenge it's given me a lot of perspective to wow that I appreciate. The amount of quests is great (even if it'd be safer if, usually, I didn't go for them, lol) and it's given me a lot of time to become deeply familiar with each zone. I've been really enjoying it and the community that's formed around it, both the mods and the players / guild.
Main: Sarai
Ironman Advice

ninuanni

#873 » Post by ninuanni » 30 Oct 2021 03:31

I'm nearly halfway through 79, and wanted to take a minute to collect my thoughts.

First of all: this challenge has been extremely fun to me. It challenges the way I think of mobs and encounters and makes the game feel a bit more like a puzzle. Sometimes a tedious one, sure, but it also makes me appreciate the abundance of quests available to get me through the levels.

I have a variety of pictures of my character's journey thus far that I'd like to share. This is only a fraction - too many would stretch this post too far - but I like having this record of my character's growth.

I've finally run out of rested EXP for the first time in all of Northrend, so I'm taking a short break for now, but I'll be returning to the grind soon; if I make it I hope to make some art to commemorate the event and will post my build for posterity (since I'm going to be fixing it immediately; I hope that this build, which was theorycrafted by my close friends, will be of use to others).

I'd like to thank everyone behind truewow for giving me the opportunity to participate in this challenge and the community behind it, as well as for all the support (I know, I open a lot of tickets) - particularly Dymond, Cherub and Andrius.

I hope to post news of my success soon!

EDIT:

I'd also like to second Skogar's request for review here.
Skogar wrote:
18 Oct 2021 07:02
Earlier this evening, I got a low battery message and my laptop shut down. When this happened the battery was charging while the laptop was plugged into a wall outlet. As far as I can tell, the battery just died. It will no longer charge.

I've never seen a laptop shutdown due to a dead battery while plugged into a wall outlet. Afterwards I had to remove the battery to get the laptop to run.

So Ironkidu died. I suspect this is not reviewable, though I would ask for consideration to reinstate my character simply because this was beyond my control. If not, it was a good run.
I worry it may have been overlooked, as there was no direct response, and they have fought valiantly through the levels and taken the utmost caution; I enjoyed watching their steady progress. I hope that their death can be rescinded!
Ironman Advice

ninuanni

#874 » Post by ninuanni » 30 Oct 2021 09:35

Update:

Success!

Unfortunately, on the ladder my character still shows as 73, as that was the level my lag-related death (which was rolled back) was at. I'd like to ask for Sarai to be updated to level 80 on the ladder so that I may claim the mount and start equipping good armors and playing in dungeons!
Ironman Advice

Hordetroll666

#875 » Post by Hordetroll666 » 30 Oct 2021 10:13

Nice, gz on winning the challenge
Savalyn/Stommevogel

xartiex

#876 » Post by xartiex » 30 Oct 2021 14:55

Way to go ninuanni (Sarai) - You are an inspiration and I am so happy and excited for you! Congratulations!
Life is short - Play fast and hard!
TrueWow Member since January 2014

Dewbacca

#877 » Post by Dewbacca » 05 Dec 2021 16:02

I've just joined the challenge, are there any tutorials I should be aware of? I caught the tips and know to avoid caves.
Tell me again, where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#878 » Post by Dymond » 06 Dec 2021 01:12

Read the guide here, and if you have to think about it, don't!

Dewbacca

#879 » Post by Dewbacca » 06 Dec 2021 13:49

Read the guide, which is what intrigued me.

I was looking for tips and suggestions, maybe some youtube vids on successful and unsuccessful tactics.

No worries though, I found what I needed.
Tell me again, where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

mosier67

#880 » Post by mosier67 » 10 Dec 2021 22:23

i was on bloodsail boat in stranglethorn when i entered cabin there were 2 mobs as i was fighting them more mobs dropped from ceiling and floor overwelming me i bubble hearthed and arrived in sw dead.was a bad glitch please reinstate me

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#881 » Post by Dymond » 10 Dec 2021 23:02

Account restored. Live again and die no more!

Eli_William
Donor

#882 » Post by Eli_William » 28 Dec 2021 16:18

ermm, I just died because I couldn't cast a spell

with my ironman Deasham.

could someone have a lookie at this please?

andriuspel
Former Staff

#883 » Post by andriuspel » 28 Dec 2021 17:25

Eli_William wrote:
28 Dec 2021 16:18
ermm, I just died because I couldn't cast a spell

with my ironman Deasham.

could someone have a lookie at this please?
Hello, i reinstated your ironman state + i solved issue which occurred. I'm sorry for inconvinient...
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

paroliak

#884 » Post by paroliak » 03 Jan 2022 18:08

Hello,
I wanted to appeal my case of trying to apply for the Ironman challenge, I just reached Level 10 and realized that I had forgotten to signup for the challenge. I have respected the rules of the challenge and not consumed, buffed, or died (obv). But when I tried to signup for it now it says I can't join cause now I'm level 10. I completely missed this and you can see from my history that I have been trying for this challenge a few times now. When I created the character I logged off and I thought I had already signed up for it. I would like to be enrolled in the challenge if possible I was told by GM Cherub that I can try and appeal my case to Dymond.

I also noticed on the Forum Ironman rules it states: "Q: Can I start now or do I have to wait for something?
A: You don't have to wait for anything - just type the necessary command before you go past level 10 and off you go!"

Please help,
Thank you,
Fingolfen, level 10 hunter

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#885 » Post by Dymond » 03 Jan 2022 21:23

As rules state, just type the necessary command before you go past level 10, there is nothing I can do if you have passed level 10.